johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 235

very odd trend ...

So far this yrs and last years nba finals and Stanley cup

have gone exactly the same game by game

does this mean cavs win tonight then warriors win in 6 like penguins did ?

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

How exactly is it "very odd"?

Tons of series go down this way, homecourt team wins both, loses game 3, wins game 4.

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16685

Cavs were up 2-1 last yr

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by actiondan View Post
    Cavs were up 2-1 last yr

So so wer lightning last year

that's what I'm trying to say

johnnyvegas13

ok maybe i didnt explain it well enough

2015 stanley cup went WLLWWW hawks in 6

exactly the same as warriors

this yr stanley cup went WWLWLW pitt in 6

warriors have also followed this so far

im not suggesting a rig or conspiracy

just a very very odd trend

one that i think will end tonihg t

but the setup is in play w green out

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    ok maybe i didnt explain it well enough

2015 stanley cup went WLLWWW hawks in 6

exactly the same as warriors

this yr stanley cup went WWLWLW pitt in 6

warriors have also followed this so far

im not suggesting a rig or conspiracy

just a very very odd trend

one that i think will end tonihg t

but the setup is in play w green out
    I didn't thing you were talking about a rig or conspiracy I understand what you're saying.

My point is there's nothing strange about it. If anything, it would be "strange" if the 2 series had both followed an unusual pattern, such as only road teams winning or something.

But either way, it's like thinking red has a better chance of coming out because black has come out 10 times in a row. Events are completely uncorrelated.

johnnyvegas13

If this happens again it would be crazy

johnnyvegas13

No one else finds this unusual

italianbandit
    italianbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2767

Seto, what are your thoughts for game 6? I understand it's under the category of a playful fun/action orientation.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by italianbandit View Post
    Seto, what are your thoughts for game 6? I understand it's under the category of a playful fun/action orientation.
    Initial lean was Cavs blowout in game 6 and Dubs blowout in game 7. But honestly I've really packed it in for the season. I'm just watching the games as a fan. I'm really looking forward to trying to turn it around next season though - tbh the wait is already starting to annoy me. I don't bet big on other sports so I already kinda miss the feeling of having 4 figures riding on a game. I know it's for the best though - my feel for this year's playoffs has just been off.

italianbandit
    italianbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2767

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Initial lean was Cavs blowout in game 6 and Dubs blowout in game 7. But honestly I've really packed it in for the season. I'm just watching the games as a fan. I'm really looking forward to trying to turn it around next season though - tbh the wait is already starting to annoy me. I don't bet big on other sports so I already kinda miss the feeling of having 4 figures riding on a game. I know it's for the best though - my feel for this year's playoffs has just been off.
    I bet, it's hard to take that much time off but prolly good for your brain. I'm sure you'll have a bounce back year--I'm a fan of your posts. The playoffs this season (particularly the games involving the Warriors and Cavs) have been quite schizophrenic, having wild swings. There haven't been many games that are competitive in the last few minutes. I'll be looking for good live spots to back GS for the remaining games, particularly if there is a game 7. I just read that starting this year, the league makes 100% of media revenue, where historically it was only 50%. That said I still think if I were the powers that be in the NBA, I'd prefer to bury the aging Lebron and the small market of Clev and invest in the SF Warriors and their future. The Warriors and their style are better for the NBA. I do want Ratzz to be happy though.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by italianbandit View Post
    I bet, it's hard to take that much time off but prolly good for your brain. I'm sure you'll have a bounce back year--I'm a fan of your posts. The playoffs this season (particularly the games involving the Warriors and Cavs) have been quite schizophrenic, having wild swings. There haven't been many games that are competitive in the last few minutes. I'll be looking for good live spots to back GS for the remaining games, particularly if there is a game 7. I just read that starting this year, the league makes 100% of media revenue, where historically it was only 50%. That said I still think if I were the powers that be in the NBA, I'd prefer to bury the aging Lebron and the small market of Clev and invest in the SF Warriors and their future. The Warriors and their style are better for the NBA. I do want Ratzz to be happy though.
    I think I'm doing ok mentally. I'm over it now. It sucks, but I'm over it. This season has been so damn weird. I'm 10-4 this season betting tennis (plays in the -120 to +125 range mostly). I've historically always sucked at tennis and always been very good at NBA. It's like nothing makes sense anymore. Sadly, 10-4 only has me up £283.75 since I'm betting £50 a game on tennis this year (due to my previous history of sucking. And sadly 14 games isn't enough of a sample size for me to think that's not the case anymore even though I have made some changes to my approach that I feel are working)

I'll still be gambling over the summer, tennis, baseball, maybe even soccer a bit, playing poker. But the real stuff where I actually risk significant amounts of money will wait til October.