gregmav1
    gregmav1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1350

No One Playing Cavs Tonight?

I'm taking them ML straight up +195... Much more rested than Warriors, hungrier than Warriors after last year, everyone on Warriors... Go Cavs. I see a close game where Cavs grind it out, final 107-103 or something. Warriors are tired after the long 73-9 season and 7 game series versus Thunder.

I've said this on SBR before, but last year without Kyrie and Kevin Love, Lebron made the series super close, and including an OT loss only lost series 4-2...? Both teams are better this year, but now that Love and Irving are back, I expect Cavs to win this series. Lebron is somehow underrated this year. Comes out real hot out of the gate this game. I think they are very rested, have had a week to watch Warriors and prepare for this game, continue to nail 3s like Thunder couldn't, and take this one.

Go Cavs

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Great post. I agree 1000%. I think Cavs in a blowout tonight. Probably win by 15. Also they probably sweep series. Lebron greatest player who ever lived. 5 straight finals. First Person to do that in a long time.

keed1
    keed1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 602

[QUOTE=gregmav1;25809728 hungrier than Warriors after last year[/QUOTE]

How do you know they are hungrier?

gregmav1

Quote Originally Posted by keed1 View Post
    How do you know they are hungrier?
    Because they lost last year. Lebron came back to Cleveland solely to win a title for Cleveland. Love came to Cleveland to win a title, Kyrie stayed to win a title.

GS won last year, every player on the team has a championship so far. Do they have motivation? Obviously, it's the NBA Finals. But they just ate last year, they aren't nearly as hungry as Cavs. Cavs get their chance at redemption and won't squander it. They've had 365 days to dwell on last year's loss and Lebron will be the best player on the court - yes better than Curry.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Great post. I agree 99.9%. I think Cavs in a blowout tonight. Probably win by 23. Also they probably sweep series. Lebron greatest player who ever lived. 5 straight finals. First Person to do that in a long time.

gregmav1

PS I'm not saying 100% Cavs win tonight. I'm not that kind of a douchebag SBR idiot. But I think they have a better than 50/50 shot, and at pretty large underdog odds I love them. Everyone is on GS tonight - doesn't that tell you something? Cavs somehow have best player in the world on their team and have almost been the forgotten team this year. When they are hitting their 3s, they are unstoppable unless Curry and Thompson can hit 60% from 3 all series, which they won't be able to for a full series. A game or two sure, but Cavs win 4-2 my prediction.

gregmav1

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Great post. I agree 99.9%. I think Cavs in a blowout tonight. Probably win by 23. Also they probably sweep series. Lebron greatest player who ever lived. 5 straight finals. First Person to do that in a long time.
    6 straight finals actually, but yes.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Good catch

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1264

A fool ...and his money...................part ways

gregmav1

Have fun with your GSW bet bud... Warriors are drained from last series and can't be expected to come out tonight and just fire on all cylinders. Cavs are ready.

mohye1980
    mohye1980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4790

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Great post. I agree 1000%. I think Cavs in a blowout tonight. Probably win by 15. Also they probably sweep series. Lebron greatest player who ever lived. 5 straight finals. First Person to do that in a long time.
    greatest player ever lived doesn't lose as many championships as Lebron. Greatest player to ever lose as many as he has yeah. Greatest ever I think not.

mohye1980
    mohye1980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4790

Cavs plus 6 for me

themike78

Quote Originally Posted by gregmav1 View Post
    6 straight finals actually, but yes.
    Has it been 6? You might be right.

gregmav1

Quote Originally Posted by mohye1980 View Post
    greatest player ever lived doesn't lose as many championships as Lebron. Greatest player to ever lose as many as he has yeah. Greatest ever I think not.
    Read this article if you want, bud: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...isappointment/

Also to whoever said is it 6 in a row? Yeah it is - went all 4 years with Heat, and now 2 years in a row with first 2 years with Cavs. Lebron is a machine.

themike78

Yes, this will make it his 6th straight. I confirmed it. Therefore Cleveland wins tonight by 29. Anybody who thinks otherwise is a jerkoff. Good night.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1264

Have fun with your GSW bet bud... Warriors are drained from last series and can't be expected to come out tonight and just fire on all cylinders. Cavs are ready.

they don't need rest. All they need to do is push reset button.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

You guys are acting like the Warriors are playing the Diamondbacks or something...

SteveKerrsJunk

The dream team is finally healthy, this is what we've all been waiting for, Kyrie in his prime, with the way he plays D and penetrates is almost a wash on Steph. Then Lebron may be a year or so past his physical peak, but he's playing the smartest ball of his life, you can say Stephanie this and Klay that, but at the end of the day Lebron will be the most dominant player on the court (both ends here) and he has a lot of help in the underrated Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love. The Cavaliers have pretty much completely flown under the radar this year, wasn't the series price around the same last year? Now they are healthy and it's similar? Makes no sense at all. If JR Smith gets hot tonight it's basically game over, cause Steph and Klay can only score and play so many minutes. There's too many options now on Cleveland. GS has been so close to cracking, you could tell it on the players, coaches and fans faces. They are starting to lose games at the right time...+6 is a large bet, ML, series, Cavs to be leading 2-1 after 3 games, Cavs to win in 6 games. Stephanie better get his bottle ready.

gregmav1

Steve I agree with pretty much everything you said. I think Cavs take 1 of the first 2 games in GS, win the series in 6. The only thing that worries me is that Toronto just took two games from them, but I think Cavs were just kind of out of sorts that game and Love and Kyrie just had a few AWFUL shooting nights. And they still won series pretty easily 4-2.

I think it will be a close game like I said before, maybe 107-103 Cavs or so, but I could see Cavs coming in and taking Warriors completely off guard and winning like 119-102 or something. We'll see, but let's get an underdog W tonight.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I am on both Cavs +6 and +225 ML, but would never claim 99.9% winners.

gregmav1

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I am on both Cavs +6 and +225 ML, but would never claim 99.9% winners.
    Haha hey I didn't say that anywhere at all either, I only said I think better than 50/50 chance and considering they're a big underdog I love it.

SteveKerrsJunk

Steve I agree with pretty much everything you said. I think Cavs take 1 of the first 2 games in GS, win the series in 6. The only thing that worries me is that Toronto just took two games from them, but I think Cavs were just kind of out of sorts that game and Love and Kyrie just had a few AWFUL shooting nights. And they still won series pretty easily 4-2.

I think it will be a close game like I said before, maybe 107-103 Cavs or so, but I could see Cavs coming in and taking Warriors completely off guard and winning like 119-102 or something. We'll see, but let's get an underdog W tonight.
    Yeah, I have a lot of respect for the Raptors, they are a really good team and have some nice bigs that can bang down low, luckily for the Cavs, you don't even have to guard Andrew Bogut. Who's their other big, Ezeli? Speights? If I was Lebron I would be looking to get the ball in the post a lot and go to work. Oh you think Draymond Green can check Lebron? Oh, ok, well see.

Aye J Mac
    Aye J Mac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11884

I love CAVS tonight

SteveKerrsJunk

They said the Titanic couldn't sink either boys.

gregmav1

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKerrsJunk View Post
    They said the Titanic couldn't sink either boys.
    And this ain't the titanic, this is a leaky ship that went down 3-1 to Thunder, and the iceberg in front of them is an enoooormous iceberg, daresay I it might even be another ship, a bigger ship than the titanic.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Lebron the difference maker tonight take the 6 points plus on the cavs

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

CLE +5.5

See all this talk in here about GS this GS that. There is no doubt they are deserving of the praise after overcoming a grueling 7 game series Thunder. For those that think the Cavs are going to be walked over because of GS' triumph out West you best believe the Cavs have been dissecting GS from the day they finished Toronto off and are ready to try their hand at revenge.

The thing is normally when you have a first-time Finals team or a team that is not very mature in knowing how perform under the bright lights of the NBA championship series it could be considered a weakness. But with the Cavaliers it is not the case you have Lebron who is the King of having had played in 6 recent Finals along with a slew of Cavaliers players that have been here. The last thing that GS will want to see is a team that plays very tough man-to-man physical playoff-type grind-you-down defense after an exhausting 7-game series.

Like it or not the letdown is natural in all sports and in this case even more so because GS are playing a team they know in their minds have dominated as of late and there is no real instinctive edge in that deparment. For the Cavs there is plenty they want to show in this game that they are not the same team that lost composure in the Finals and that they too have just as many weapons.

For game one I like the Cavs behind Lebron to attack GS from inside/out from having seen OKC do this well and this year I think the threat of their 3-pt game will make it possible unlike the previous year where GS was daring the short-handed Cavs to beat them from outside and pack the paint. They will not get away with that this year and as I always say things do not stay the same from year to year all the time in this game. Look for Cavs to come out and cash within the 5.5 points being given to them. GL.

SteveKerrsJunk

Quote Originally Posted by ringemup View Post
    CLE +5.5

See all this talk in here about GS this GS that. There is no doubt they are deserving of the praise after overcoming a grueling 7 game series Thunder. For those that think the Cavs are going to be walked over because of GS' triumph out West you best believe the Cavs have been dissecting GS from the day they finished Toronto off and are ready to try their hand at revenge.

The thing is normally when you have a first-time Finals team or a team that is not very mature in knowing how perform under the bright lights of the NBA championship series it could be considered a weakness. But with the Cavaliers it is not the case you have Lebron who is the King of having had played in 6 recent Finals along with a slew of Cavaliers players that have been here. The last thing that GS will want to see is a team that plays very tough man-to-man physical playoff-type grind-you-down defense after an exhausting 7-game series.

Like it or not the letdown is natural in all sports and in this case even more so because GS are playing a team they know in their minds have dominated as of late and there is no real instinctive edge in that deparment. For the Cavs there is plenty they want to show in this game that they are not the same team that lost composure in the Finals and that they too have just as many weapons.

For game one I like the Cavs behind Lebron to attack GS from inside/out from having seen OKC do this well and this year I think the threat of their 3-pt game will make it possible unlike the previous year where GS was daring the short-handed Cavs to beat them from outside and pack the paint. They will not get away with that this year and as I always say things do not stay the same from year to year all the time in this game. Look for Cavs to come out and cash within the 5.5 points being given to them. GL.
    I agree about the physical play, and if there ever was gonna be a letdown game for them, it's right here.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Delusional. Participation trophies don't make you the greatest player ever

gregmav1

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    but for 6 years in a row winning divisional series, conference semifinal series, and conference final series, that's worth nothing right? dumbass.

SteveKerrsJunk

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Participating in the most games over the last decade maybe.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

but for 6 years in a row winning divisional series, conference semifinal series, and conference final series, that's worth nothing right? dumbass.
    It doesn't make you the greatest ever. Do you know how to read??? Did I say it's worth nothing? Now I didn't moron

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This was the cavs chance to win and they still don't have enough

mackave
    mackave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8423

gs bench working the cavs

12 Last