SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

3 Reasons why the Cavs will win the Finals

Seems like a lot of people on here aren't giving the Cavs their due. I think the Warriors will be in for a rude awakening. Here's 3 reasons the Cavs will win the finals.

1. Rest, this reason is fairly obvious, but can the Warriors dig deep and pull out another series after the grueling regular season and playoffs, while the Cavs are probably fresher than they have been in months.

2. Lebron factor, you gotta understand how badly LBJ wants this series. Probably more so than any other finals. A few reasons for this, one is that nobody wants to drop to 2-7 in finals. Another is that nobody wants to get beaten back to back by the same team in the finals, especially a competitor like Lebron. The last is LBJ would want nothing more than to shut "the best player" in the league and his team up and take back his rightful crown. Also playing into this, is being the underdog and having no pressure. The pressure is squarely on GS, Lebron is playing with the houses money.

3. 3 point shooting/defense, if OKC wouldn't have been absolutely dreadful from 3's, the series would've been over fairly easily. Cavs just set a record I believe this playoffs, so you know they won't shoot 10% from deep. And the Cavs overall team defense is a lot better than OKC, OKC may be longer, but they aren't better individual defenders.

Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving are gonna smash. Lebron can just pass it off, play D, and be floor general, that's all they'll need out of him. Cavs in 6.

Cavs are going to come out and get game 1, Cavs first quarter, first half, cavs ML, Cavs +6. Cavs series.
    Last edited by SteveKerrsJunk; 06-02-16 at 06:24 PM.

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2474

Took Cavs to win 4-2 prop earlier this week. If they win, it will be in 6. I think they split in Golden State so taking Game 1 Cavs ML as well. If they lose double the stake on Game 2 ML. Best of luck!!

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

seems logical, even plausible, GS for the win though

l7ustin
    l7ustin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2724

GS sweep

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by l7ustin View Post
    GS sweep
    yeh or 4-1

Rest is only edge Cavs have

James PLAYED HORRIFIC LAST YEAR IN FINALS despite stats

TOOK EVERY SHOT..terrible efficiency its why GSW won

James cannot handle defense of GSW

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12906

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    yeh or 4-1

Rest is only edge Cavs have

James PLAYED HORRIFIC LAST YEAR IN FINALS despite stats

TOOK EVERY SHOT..terrible efficiency its why GSW won

James cannot handle defense of GSW
    Everybody else was injured, he was the last man standing?????

jjgold

yes but sloppy play

bad shots

LEBRON HAS NO HANDS do you guys get that??

Watch him in paint..cannot finish..loses ball, ect

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

I have no faith in Kevin Love and Kyrie is a turn style ... when Lebron is not in the game or sits...they have been atrocious...but of course..that was mid season...something has changed...you make a strong case....Lebron is not the focus anymore....its the pieces around him that will make the difference..

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKerrsJunk View Post
    Seems like a lot of people on here aren't giving the Cavs their due. I think the Warriors will be in for a rude awakening. Here's 3 reasons the Cavs will win the finals.

1. Rest, this reason is fairly obvious, but can the Warriors dig deep and pull out another series after the grueling regular season and playoffs, while the Cavs are probably fresher than they have been in months.

2. Lebron factor, you gotta understand how badly LBJ wants this series. Probably more so than any other finals. A few reasons for this, one is that nobody wants to drop to 2-7 in finals. Another is that nobody wants to get beaten back to back by the same team in the finals, especially a competitor like Lebron. The last is LBJ would want nothing more than to shut "the best player" in the league and his team up and take back his rightful crown.

3. 3 point shooting/defense, if OKC wouldn't have been absolutely dreadful from 3's, the series would've been over fairly easily. Cavs just set a record I believe this playoffs, so you know they won't shoot 10% from deep. And the Cavs overall team defense is a lot better than OKC, OKC may be longer, but they aren't better individual defenders.

Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving are gonna smash. Lebron can just pass it off, play D, and be floor general, that's all they'll need out of him. Cavs in 6.

Cavs are going to come out and get game 1, Cavs first quarter, first half, cavs ML, Cavs +6. Cavs series.
    100% right on

SteveKerrsJunk

I remember another team that set a regular season record, had the MVP and lost in the championship. It's just extra motivation and fuel. If the Cavs don't come out swinging tonight I'd be surprised. This was a 4-2 series win for the Warriors last season, even if you aren't a big fan of Kevin or Kyrie, I'd say they are at least good for 1/2 game to at least push the series to 7. No way this series doesn't go at least 7. I'm picking all that other stuff as well, but everything adds up for the Cavs this finals. They have had more time to game-plan as well, but that's a minor issue.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10272

I don't think so , cant see it

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2433

Seems like the gm 1 line has been stuck on -6 all week. If GS is the lock as many are saying, shouldn't the number be going higher?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

here's one good reason why gs will repeat... they're the better team.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by Statman View Post
    Seems like the gm 1 line has been stuck on -6 all week. If GS is the lock as many are saying, shouldn't the number be going higher?
    why? because if the spread is 6 gs will try to win by 7? players don't care.

DeathAdder
    DeathAdder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8209

Warriors sweep 4-0. Cav's might win 1 at home

SteveKerrsJunk

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    here's one good reason why gs will repeat... they're the better team.
    We shall see.

Menses

I dun see any reason they will move off that 6...they getting about 54 percent of the action on GSW...not quite even..but more than enough to be satisfied...and plenty pushed it off the half point as well...Warriors not winning 3 in a row at home...the Fuckery stops here...

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKerrsJunk View Post
    I remember another team that set a regular season record, had the MVP and lost in the championship. It's just extra motivation and fuel. If the Cavs don't come out swinging tonight I'd be surprised. This was a 4-2 series win for the Warriors last season, even if you aren't a big fan of Kevin or Kyrie, I'd say they are at least good for 1/2 game to at least push the series to 7. No way this series doesn't go at least 7. I'm picking all that other stuff as well, but everything adds up for the Cavs this finals. They have had more time to game-plan as well, but that's a minor issue.
    You can sense it...game was rigged as well...Cam chose not to dive on that football.....

jjgold

for the 20th time GSW is too deep for Cleve

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2433

If the players are putting their $$ where their mouth is, the books always adjust to have balanced action. Maybe the real story is that they are getting good 2 way action on this game whereas forums like this say GS will roll. To me, if GS is such a lock and I got in at -6 and the line is the same come game time, I'd be nervous about cashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    why? because if the spread is 6 gs will try to win by 7? players don't care.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

To quote Mike Tyson

"Everyone has a plan til' they get punched in the mouth"

So take everything you said and throw it out, OKC defended the 3 extremely well and it didn't mean a thing, Curry and Thompson just kept shooting from deeper and making them

The Warriors will win the next 3 championships

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

Okc can't be compared cause of 3 point shooting.

The 3pt shot is a low % shot and the cavs miss a lot. The thunder were dominating because they kept getting 2nd and 3rd chance points and when you miss the 3 most likely the defending team will get the rebound cause cavs all sit on perimeter.

Biggest factor in this series will be Bogut and iggy.

SteveKerrsJunk

I know one thing for sure, the stats say that Cleveland is shooting 43% from deep this playoffs with the most makes as well. GS is shooting 40%, they shot 41% in the regular season (1st) to the Cavs 36% (T-7th). If Cleveland shoots at an even % with GS, I don't see how it's possible that GS wins. If JR, Frye, Lebron, Love and Kyrie are hitting good night splash brothers. Of course, easier said than done, well see if they can keep that 3 point % up.

jjgold

Cavaliers do not have any inside presents

It's a very soft team and you can't win with a soft team

Golden State is one of the best defenses in the NBA it's why they will roll

new era
    new era's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

If 2 was true, Lebron wouldnt be 2-5 in the finals.

SteveKerrsJunk

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    You can sense it...game was rigged as well...Cam chose not to dive on that football.....
    That was a reference to MVP Tom Brady and the 18-0 Patriots.

SteveKerrsJunk

Quote Originally Posted by new era View Post
    If 2 was true, Lebron wouldnt be 2-5 in the finals.
    What I'm saying is there is extra fuel after losing to someone. I'm more confident betting on them after them losing last year, than I would be otherwise. This league is filled with parity, and unless you do have the Ace of Spades Michael Jordan, who would will his team to victory and somehow hit every clutch shot then I think parity wins out.

Menses

If the players are putting their $$ where their mouth is, the books always adjust to have balanced action. Maybe the real story is that they are getting good 2 way action on this game whereas forums like this say GS will roll. To me, if GS is such a lock and I got in at -6 and the line is the same come game time, I'd be nervous about cashing.
    There it is...books just fine where the line is...they are happy with that number..

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 983

Stevekerrscockhead got more brains then you lbj factor lol

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Okc can't be compared cause of 3 point shooting.

The 3pt shot is a low % shot and the cavs miss a lot. The thunder were dominating because they kept getting 2nd and 3rd chance points and when you miss the 3 most likely the defending team will get the rebound cause cavs all sit on perimeter.

Biggest factor in this series will be Bogut and iggy.
    Lb bein sharp af :hat:

readytowinem
    readytowinem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1233

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    I dun see any reason they will move off that 6...they getting about 54 percent of the action on GSW...not quite even..but more than enough to be satisfied...and plenty pushed it off the half point as well...Warriors not winning 3 in a row at home...the Fuckery stops here...
    Lol. Ya no way gsw wins 3 in a row at home. What was their record at home this year?

SteveKerrsJunk

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    Stevekerrscockhead got more brains then you lbj factor lol
    The LBJ factor was for you Biggie.

SteveKerrsJunk

Cavs 12-2 playoffs. Warriors 12-5. Looks like the Warriors are quite beatable after all. Cavs gonna make the city proud!

SteveKerrsJunk

tntcle/gs - 1st game score and series final result
    [31029] cavaliers wins gm1 and wins series
    +630 $49.48 $311.72

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18961

OKC also got cut to ribbons on drives to the basket? How will Cav's matchup?

Who guards Curry?
    Who guards Thompson?

Can you play the game to make the other Warriors have to be the one's to beat you?

I am convinced Curry and Thompson can beat you shooting three's so whoever guards Thompson needs help on screens - no switches.

Curry - not even sure if you can get the ball out of his hands with a double team but you have to try something - cannot just let him shoot 20 3pt shots.

So, anytime Curry & Thompson get the ball - you need 2 guys to guard them? But, wow, that is not how Cleveland is built - Dellavadova, Kyrie and JR Smith would have to be in the game at the same time and I don't see that happening???

12 Last