Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Smokey, I gave you four extra points.

Can I have them back?

I'm buried here.
    Yes

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10359

Yes Giant. I long for the days of ankles being broken & blood on the court. Now playing hard means throwing your legs out dramatically into your opponents groin. I feel dirty and ashamed to be watching.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

quiet

steph and klay can't play together like this on a team like this forever

OKC had 3 tries to end it and failed in epic fashion... choking at home in the 4th and scoring 12 in the 3rd quarter in game 7? getting it to 86-90... GS has to inbounds and only has 4 seconds to find a way to get off a clean shot and you literally grind against Steph and don't back away even as he goes to shoot to beat the buzzer...???

Ibaka will never recover

GS up 7 after swish swish swish, game, series, over.

a team can step up and beat them or else they will win again. Cavs got their shot again with a better overall team, healthy team (at the moment), better coach suited for the Cavs roster... etc

no excuses

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Yes Giant. I long for the days of ankles being broken & blood on the court. Now playing hard means throwing your legs out dramatically into your opponents groin. I feel dirty and ashamed to be watching.
    Kind of ironic that the guy announcing tonight was most famous for throwing his legs out dramatically.

No, not Marv. He was famous for wearing women's panties.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think too many teams shoot too many of them and only a team like Golden State it really actually favors

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Kind of ironic that the guy announcing tonight was most famous for throwing his legs out dramatically.

What a sick bastard.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    If you want to globalize the game, gotta tone it down or it won't catch on. If it's too rough, it may catch on in Austrailia but not many other places.

The Giant

I just got a warning from Shari.

She's tough, but fair.

Guys, learn from my mistakes.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Shari just poked me on fb

She is not a happy lady tonight

Told her to take warriors

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

I just got a warning from Shari.

She's tough, but fair.

Guys, learn from my mistakes.
    G... WTF

Shari and I have only exchanged good vibes in PM, never anything close to a WARNING... shame on you.

You need to learn how to talk to a real lady; I would've thought your dealings with Antibet would've already taught you that.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

LOL WTF.

Shari is a sweety.

What did u guys do to piss her off???

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    LOL WTF.

Shari is a sweety.

What did u guys do to piss her off???
    Shari *is* def a sweetie; she loves me as much as donker loves vaseline and his mexican V. Blame her mood on The Giant; from what I can glean, G tried to mimic Steven Adams with his Splash Bro description, proving once again why you should never try to copy a 7 ft freak of nature in anything. You don't see me going round quoting Patrick Ewing, do you? Ok, maybe I use some of Patrick's lines @ the strip club... but other than that, no fukkin way.

gopolks
    gopolks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

Thunder supporter, have to say though, I love the three pointer. One of my favorite part of the game.

Hu$tle
    Hu$tle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1247

thompson and curry same team is a huge advantage, def some crazy stats about it...i wonder what each will do when split up. They make the 3s seem cheap pulled off everywhere...cavs shoot them wide open only

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by Hu$tle View Post
    thompson and curry same team is a huge advantage, def some crazy stats about it...i wonder what each will do when split up. They make the 3s seem cheap pulled off everywhere...cavs shoot them wide open only
    may never happen, not in their primes anyway. Curry will be signing a new $175M/5yr deal after next season and Klay is signed for 3 more years.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by BiTeMe UsAdOj View Post
    Shari *is* def a sweetie; she loves me as much as donker loves vaseline and his mexican V. Blame her mood on The Giant; from what I can glean, G tried to mimic Steven Adams with his Splash Bro description, proving once again why you should never try to copy a 7 ft freak of nature in anything. You don't see me going round quoting Patrick Ewing, do you? Ok, maybe I use some of Patrick's lines @ the strip club... but other than that, no fukkin way.
    Yes.

Shari apparently didn't like me copying her countryman Steven Adams with some lighthearted humor. I attempted to send her a PM explaining to her the ordeal, but it went unanswered.

The tension is thick.

Is it sexual? Probably not.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

To answer the original question, yes. I don't know what all these coaches do in practice; how much time does it take to practice setting up four guys around the three-point line and throw the ball back and forth?

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

You should be rewarded for getting the ball closer to the hoop. All that is needed is, make behind the arc shots 2 points rest 3 points. Reverse the system.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10359

I always wondered if Marv dropped one of his unique catch phrass after he bit her on the back, like YESSS, IT counts

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

I don't mind the 3 point shot. I hate the moving screens and offensive holding to free up Klay and Curry. It's like watching a football game. Then all the leg kicks like Rockettes and flopping. Clean that crap up.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Yes.

Shari apparently didn't like me copying her countryman Steven Adams with some lighthearted humor. I attempted to send her a PM explaining to her the ordeal, but it went unanswered.

The tension is thick.

Is it sexual? Probably not.
    Did Shari move?... cuz last I looked, Australia and New Zealand (where Adams is from) are 2 different countries. Hell, Australia is a continent, too; while New Zealand is part of the submerged continent of Zealandia.

Now you run the risk of pissing Shari off again w/your poor geographical knowledge combined with your thinly-veiled "all Southern Hemisphere countries look alike" judgments.

But hey, don't worry... I got your back. I'll drop a PM to Shari smoothing over things so you don't get another WARNING. Feel free to repay your gratitude with pts at any time.

And YES, the tension is clearly highly sexual... BUT... it's also clearly one-sided and from you. So, do what you normally do when this situation occurs and contact either Weeder or jj so y'all can "rub one out" "work it out" to relieve the pressure.

Lastly, the answer to your initial question posited is... NO. What we've seen with Golden State/3-balls is an evolution of the game; an evolution that doesn't necessarily demand the extinction of all other types of ways to play the game successfully (low box, in-out-in movement, backcuts to basket for easy hoops, etc.). It's incumbent on the NBA coaching minds to figure it out. Shooting 3's is most definitely a skill. You don't stop evolution just because you're afraid of change and are now forced to use brainpower to keep up to 'survive'.

This sorta reminds me of those whining about the defensive alignments now employed in baseball: some wanna outlaw the shifts. Er... NO, muthafukkers..... ADJUST! Start laying down some bunts on the open side of the infield and force the defense to play you honestly. You think Brady or Rodgers are not gonna exploit something the defense is giving them?

fuhgeddaboudit, pal

titanium777
    titanium777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3910

All sports change, and there is often periods/eras of something.

NFL has changed into a passing and offensive oriented league.

The Warriors have proved that jumpshooting teams can win, while accumulating high viewership ratings in the process.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

haha if you think the 3pt line ruined the game, they're thinking about adding a 4pt line

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    haha if you think the 3pt line ruined the game, they're thinking about adding a 4pt line
    might as well be playing fukkin nba jam out there with hot spots worth 8 points. joke if they do that.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

Barkley hates the Warriors because they proved his theory wrong that you cant win a title based on the three ball.

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by Time is Money View Post
    might as well be playing fukkin nba jam out there with hot spots worth 8 points. joke if they do that.
    lmao hot spots. NBA jam was the shit.but if they added a 4pt line that would change the game, wagering, the lines.. everything.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

If there was no 3 point shot teams would not be able to finish the game. You would see starters fouling out in the middle of 3rd quarter because everyone will be driving to the hoop.

Just think before you say something.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I don't mind the 3 point shot. I hate the moving screens and offensive holding to free up Klay and Curry. It's like watching a football game. Then all the leg kicks like Rockettes and flopping. Clean that crap up.
    Mac give me a break. It's okay for james to flop and dive all over the court?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Love the 3 point shot, what would ruin it and be stupid is a 4 pt shot.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by BiTeMe UsAdOj View Post
    Did Shari move?... cuz last I looked, Australia and New Zealand (where Adams is from) are 2 different countries. Hell, Australia is a continent, too; while New Zealand is part of the submerged continent of Zealandia.

Now you run the risk of pissing Shari off again w/your poor geographical knowledge combined with your thinly-veiled "all Southern Hemisphere countries look alike" judgments.

Yea they arnt that far away but two different countries and places.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    NBA. Where amazing happens!

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    theres an art to flopping laker.. if you dont sale it, no ones going to buy it.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Just think before you say something.
    Forgive The Giant, here, pavy.

He "pulled a pavy" and was distracted by some internet MILFS while posting yesterday.

The Bad News: He screwed up thread title premise and got a WARNING to boot

The Good News: Just wait to see his fantasy internet MILF thread and the pearl necklace he dishes out!... gonna put yours to shame.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    LB are you nuts? Lebron is getting killed physically since he came back to Cleveland. He's basically like Shaq where you can hit him as hard and often as you like and they won't call it. Biyombo smashed him in the neck and head several times in the series and they never even looked at the plays for a flagrant foul. You couldn't blow on Lebron in Miami but now that he's in Cleveland he gets mugged over and over again. Iguodala basically impregnated him last years finals as much nut hugging, and mugging he was allowed to do. Go look at his free throw stats this year. It's the lowest in his career. NBA loves to shit on Cleveland and will go out of it's way to fukk the city. Watch in these playoffs. GSW will get away with murder. Lebron in Cleveland... Crab dribble. In Miami, never called. The NBA can eat a dick.
    Points Awarded:

JayDr3am gave Mac4Lyfe 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

The 2 run shot ruined baseball

First 123 Last