sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Thunder @ Warriors game 7 preview

Facts

Home teams are 100-24 (80.6%) in game 7's

Home teams are 3-0 in game 7's in this season's NBA playoffs.

Warriors are 9-2 ATS in last 11 home games.

Warriors are 8-1 at home this playoffs.

Home team is 15-5 ATS in the last 20 games between these 2 teams.

Thunder are +52 in the paint at home, but surprisingly -30 in the paint in the 3 games played at Oracle.

Warriors are averaging 4.3 more 3's made per game than the Thunder in this series. (Huge differential).

Westbrook & KD are not having a good series, shooting combined 40% fg% and 29% from deep, making only 3.3 per game (combined).

OKC are 5-3 on the road this playoffs (excellent record).

OKC are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games following a loss, however are only 1-6 ATS in their last 7 at Oracle.

Opinions

The Thunder fell into alarming old habits at the end of game 6, with KD & Westbrook playing 1 on 5 stagnant iso ball. This netted them 2 points in the final 3 minutes. OKC led the whole game & GS didn't hit the front until the final 90 seconds, when they blew the game wide open and OKC collapsed. Where was the ball movement that had been so successful up to this point in the series?

Thunder were ice cold from beyond (3 from 23 - 13%) and the Warriors were red hot (21 from 45 - 46.7%) with a ridiculous +54 differential.

How are Durant's & Westbrooks heads? Their mental states? They had the Warriors by the cajones, in a dominant position up 3-1, history tells us it is all over (223-9 96.2% chance of winning the series!). Now history is strongly against them with a 19.4% chance to win this game & hence the series. How do you deal with that?
    How do you come into Oracle facing elimination against the defending champs who have their mojo back?
    You would need a Jordan/Bryant type killer mentality to stay calm and focused & I strongly doubt these two spoon fed superstars have anything close to that type of mentality (especially KD who has never really risen to the occasion when presented with opportunities in the past).

Two close out games blown & now moving back to Oracle for game 7 with both the splash brothers hot from beyond the arc & the enigmatic Green coming off 2 decent games in a row, to the point where you could say Green has a little big of his swagger back (and as Green goes so do the Warriors).

They are at home with arguably the leagues best home crowd going mental (can you say hostile environment) and most importantly of all they have ALL the momentum, and the Warriors have proven to be at their most dangerous when they are rolling (momentum). How do you come back from this hole for OKC? I don't think they can. I think things fall apart in the 2nd half and they lose by a double digit margin. This could get ugly...

Play

2.5* Warriors -7

(disclaimer - I have had a horrible run this playoffs, but have had long term success betting NBA)

sando

One more thing I really like is that Iguodala is getting more involved as this series progresses, and good things tend to happen when he is on the court. There is a reason that the starters with Iggy swapped for Bogut, are called the "death" line-up. Despite winning finals MVP last year, he is still arguably the most underrated player on their list. The sort of guy who does the things that don't show up in the box score...

Iguodala minutes per game this series...

1 (32)
    2 (25)
    3 (24)
    4 (33)
    5 (34)
    6 (38)

Must win games 5 & 6, Iggy playing serious minutes & Warriors win.

italianbandit
    italianbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2767

Good luck Sando, nice write up, it will be fun to watch.

sando

Quote Originally Posted by italianbandit View Post
    Good luck Sando, nice write up, it will be fun to watch.
    Thanks mate. Would love to know who/what you are on today (if anyone)?

italianbandit

I have 2 units on GS ML and one unit at -7. Besides historical trends, you clearly described several individual player momentum shifts that have occurred in the last two games making GS a clear choice tonight.

sando

Other plays I like today (leans)

Under 218.5
    1st Q under 55.5
    Warriors 1st Q -2.5
    Curry over 31.5 points
    Durant Under 31.5 points
    Iguodala total rebounds/assists/points over 15.5

Will most likely play both 1st Q and full game under for 1 unit each.

JTM
    JTM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 808

I'm on both under plays Sando. Game 7's are hsitorically low scoring and if GS wins this, I think it will stay under. Also 1st Q only went over 1 time all series. BOL

sando

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post

2.5* Warriors -7 - WIN
    Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post

Under 218.5 - WIN
    1st Q under 55.5 - WIN
    Warriors 1st Q -2.5 - LOSE
    Curry over 31.5 points - WIN
    Durant Under 31.5 points - WIN
    Iguodala total rebounds/assists/points over 15.5 - LOSE
    Great Day!

italianbandit

Points Awarded:

sando gave italianbandit 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.