Goo goos picks
    Goo goos picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Point proven?

Perfect example okc +7.5 before game. I wait till halftime and get okc +2.5 I waited for it it go up from +2. Which would have been key that extra .5 since it was almost a 10 game. Besides that the +2.5 at halftime made it of course 10.5 and I covered unlike it I took the spread pre game. Point proven or I'm I just poking a stick at a wall? Have made profit many times this way. Thoughts?

BankrollMafia
    Update your status
    BankrollMafia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3346

wtf are you talking about. that made zero sense

Goo goos picks
    Goo goos picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

How not? Ok tonight game warriors started the game as a 7 ot 7.5 favorite. Whatever it was okc was 7 or 7.5. I waited till halftime to get my pick in and got okc +2.5 which really comes out okc 10.5 in the full game so I really got a few extra points for waiting till halftime.. it's a different way to look at it but I believe it makes sense to a betting perspective. I knew okc was going to keep it close and try but I didn't bet the okc +7 or whatever because I wanted a few more points and I didn't wanna buy anymore for extra juice so as stated I waited till halftime I got my extra poimts. I also got to watch the game and get a better feel that they would keep it close rather then betting the spread before the game started.

Martinr
    Martinr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21

Quote Originally Posted by BankrollMafia View Post
    wtf are you talking about. that made zero sense
    I think he means he took +2.5 for the second half only, which covered (61-62), not the full game line, which was what I thought he meant at first. I don't know where he got the 10.5 from, I guess the full game live line would have been that at halftime with GSW up by 8, so it would make no difference which line he took, unless books have different OT rules when settling the second half line.
    As far as it being a smart way to bet, there is a case for betting on games to finish closer to the original line if one side gets out to a good lead. It's been studied and tested objectively and a paper was published by some university a few years ago which proved this, which I had but can't find now. I don't think the books have perfected their algorithms for live lines based on game flow, scoring rate, motivation, injuries, and other factors and I believe there is an edge to be had.