lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Donovan vs Lue

Lmao. You taking lue?

Durant/westbrook way better than james/irving.
    Kanter /adams vs thompson/scrubs-lol

Retreads like Jr Smith. Ain't winning shit.

I can't wait to hammer okc at + money again.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16005

You've got to hand it to Donovan. The Thunder franchise might have fallen into peril with the way things were going/ FA. He has shown them the way. I don't think they'll win another game this season but good job anyway.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Donavan a made man period

pinchegringo
    Update your status
    pinchegringo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4605

Donovan isn't doing anything better than what Brooks did before injuries. Lue has kept LBJ in check which is a bigger deal than anything Xs and Os could have done for this team.

KD Westbrook better than James Irving? Westbrook will win his match up most of the time but LBJ is KDs father going 13-3 against KD regular season. KDs last win was in January 2014.

Looking at the front court Thompson and Love should do well against Ibaka and Adams.

Shump and Smith should have a field day against Waiters and Roberson.

I hate capping by saying this is 2012 all over again but it kind of is. 2nd year team gelling and clicking at all the right times vs a hot but younger inexperienced team. This time KD/Westbrook have a ton more experience but their support cast has turned over again. Even the Cavs look like MIA...LBJ leading a very good traditionally ball dominant SG (kyrie is NOT a PG) and a stretch 4/5 with a scrappy center who can clean up the glass and give a couple put backs when needed, Tristan is Birdman. The backup level PG who LBJ buts heads with but ultimately they respect each other and coexist well together Delly is Chalmers HOLY penetrate!!! IT IS THE EXACT SAME 2 TEAMS!!!!

I also believe that the NBA has a strong interest in keeping KD and Westbrook in OKC. Going to the finals will help the cause, but when they both leave OKC is going to be added to the middle earth waste land of never signing a major free agent. That is relevant because maybe they are getting some preferential treatment in this GSW series?

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Billy Donovan turning into Ray Donovan the "FIXER"

Seems he had a game plan all along and understood a bit more about the NBA than most gave him credit for.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Billy made City play much harder on defense

Brooks did not

Players respond better to Billy

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

If OKC plays every game like Game 3..... wow... you can't stop these guys.

lakerboy

Lol james should just save himself the headache.

bryant81
    Update your status
    bryant81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12228

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Lol james should just save himself the headache.
    You mentioned before that you think only way LeBron wins a ring this year is if Thunder make the finals. That was I think a couple weeks ago. Do you like Thunder to win it all now after what they've shown? They seem to be on a roll.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by pinchegringo View Post
    Donovan isn't doing anything better than what Brooks did before injuries. Lue has kept LBJ in check which is a bigger deal than anything Xs and Os could have done for this team.

KD Westbrook better than James Irving? Westbrook will win his match up most of the time but LBJ is KDs father going 13-3 against KD regular season. KDs last win was in January 2014.

Looking at the front court Thompson and Love should do well against Ibaka and Adams.

Shump and Smith should have a field day against Waiters and Roberson.

I hate capping by saying this is 2012 all over again but it kind of is. 2nd year team gelling and clicking at all the right times vs a hot but younger inexperienced team. This time KD/Westbrook have a ton more experience but their support cast has turned over again. Even the Cavs look like MIA...LBJ leading a very good traditionally ball dominant SG (kyrie is NOT a PG) and a stretch 4/5 with a scrappy center who can clean up the glass and give a couple put backs when needed, Tristan is Birdman. The backup level PG who LBJ buts heads with but ultimately they respect each other and coexist well together Delly is Chalmers HOLY penetrate!!! IT IS THE EXACT SAME 2 TEAMS!!!!

I also believe that the NBA has a strong interest in keeping KD and Westbrook in OKC. Going to the finals will help the cause, but when they both leave OKC is going to be added to the middle earth waste land of never signing a major free agent. That is relevant because maybe they are getting some preferential treatment in this GSW series?
    This series has nothing to do with 2012. Thunder were happy just being in the Finals. They still had Kendrick Perkins as a starter. On the other hand, they had James Harden but he went missing in the Finals. Really bad comparison.

Not to mention I'm not sure how you can possibly compare Tristan Thompson and Birdman, plus which Birdman wasn't even on that Heat team yet, he came the next year. Comparing Irving and Wade is just silly too.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Donovan had a fantastic career with the Gators. Not at all surprising to see his success carry over to the association.

Lue has been around the league and has a good relationship with the players and personnel but I think he lacks the strategic mindset that Donovan brings to the table.

If you watched the Brooks Thunder, they basically ran the same garbage every time down the floor. Pin down screens for Durant accounted for like 40% of their half court possessions. Can't believe the guy couldn't be a little bit more creative given the talented group he was working with.

mg63
    mg63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 882

Its Donovan vs James

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by bryant81 View Post
    You mentioned before that you think only way LeBron wins a ring this year is if Thunder make the finals. That was I think a couple weeks ago. Do you like Thunder to win it all now after what they've shown? They seem to be on a roll.
    Yes. 2 things.

1. The cavs are just an awful team outside of james and irving. Retreads everywhere and lue is a bum. You don't win titles thinking you can live off the 3 because gs did it. Team is so overrated and really slow on defense. Last year's team was much better on defense. Okc will run them out of the gym.

2. The thunder are a team of destiny. Donovan has them prepared and focused like never before. How often in the past would russell almost take the long jumper? Now he will stop himself and reset. That is coaching. Great coaches change people. The thunder could beat the cavs in 4 games maybe 5.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Yes. 2 things.

1. The cavs are just an awful team outside of james and irving. Retreads everywhere and lue is a bum. You don't win titles thinking you can live off the 3 because gs did it. Team is so overrated and really slow on defense. Last year's team was much better on defense. Okc will run them out of the gym.

2. The thunder are a team of destiny. Donovan has them prepared and focused like never before. How often in the past would russell almost take the long jumper? Now he will stop himself and reset. That is coaching. Great coaches change people. The thunder could beat the cavs in 4 games maybe 5.
    Exactly.

bryant81
    Update your status
    bryant81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12228

Yes. 2 things.

This is what I'm seeing as well. They seem destined to win. Sometimes that's just how it goes. Warriors last year, Spurs in 2014, Heat in 2012, Celtics in 2008, etc. There are countless examples of this happening in NBA history.

TheHaus
    TheHaus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Lmao. You taking lue?

But you said in thread you bet 100 to win 1000 on them winning west (OKC) then said Cavs would beat OKC thats why you didnt bet to win it all

check in

louielouie
    louielouie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Cavs will win

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20250

I think this just shows that NBA coaching is overrated. The great Pops and Kerr sitting on the sidelines while two rookie coaches go to the finals.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    I think this just shows that NBA coaching is overrated. The great Pops and Kerr sitting on the sidelines while two rookie coaches go to the finals.
    Not at all. Donovan has out coached the 2 supposedly better teams with the supposedly better coaches. It looks like he gets a break in the finals facing lue if okc and cle make it. If he loses they will say james was destined. If he wins they will say he had 2 of the top 5 players. That's what we are hearing now.

All I'm saying is that lue is a rank amateur. Donovan's team are like rabid animals. Okc will run roughshod on the cavs barring injury.

lakerboy

Also if cavs lose its on james. He made all the personnel and coaching calls.

TheHaus

check in lakerboy

Originally Posted by lakerboy
    Lmao. You taking lue?

But you said in thread you bet 100 to win 1000 on them winning west (OKC) then said Cavs would beat OKC thats why you didnt bet to win it all

check in

TheHaus

We shall call you LakerFLippy from now on

NBA Maniac
    NBA Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 116

Players like Roberson and Waiters are playing much better then in the past.
    2nd line players are playing very motivated and playing as a team....

I have seen Waiters doing a lot of penetrations, and near the rim he is choosing to dish the ball to a easy dunk, instead of trying to hit the rim, where there is a big chance to miss the target, because is a forced shot.

I see a lot of things differents here, Westbrook still missing a lot of FAR Away shots, but not trying to hit them the way he did in the past (a lot of them)

I could type here a lot of things