pennstater12
    pennstater12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 469

Quote Originally Posted by arie1985 View Post
    Thanks for your opinion. Much appreciated. Think I would stay away then.

Because I'm not looking for the profits, I'm looking just to swipe my card with any merchant that is using Skrill - but the problem is for money laundering purposes you can't deposit funds into a bookmaker and then withdraw, you HAVE to place at least 1 bet - so I'm just looking to find that bet that would be the "safest" thing that you could ever find .... bet it, withdraw .... and then use my Skrill to keep on generating tons of miles!
    Why do you have to bet it all? Can't you just deposit the $10,000, make a few $100 bets over the course of a few days and then withdraw it? If you don't want to seem too suspicious then you could withdraw the money slowly over time.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is important question for me.
    My Skrill VIP status is Silver so it allows me to deposit/withdraw with my card without fees - so I simply deposit £4,000 (my credit limit), withdraw back to the bank, pay the card as soon as the transaction appears (within 1-2 days) - this way I make around 16,000 British Airways miles (Avios) without any risk every week. (around 60,000 Avios per month).

But in order for me to keep on getting miles like this I must keep my Skrill status as Silver - thus I have to transact around £12,000 approx. every quarter.

I was thinking of depositing £10,000 with one big bookmaker, bet on the Cavs to win the Series against Toronto at odds of 1.02 - in order to win £200 (the £200 is just extra bonus, the main goal is to keep on having Skrill fee free so I could get more miles at least until the end of September this year).

So the big question is - would you risk £10,000 on the Cavs against Toronto?
    Forget about the odds, it's not for betting - it's just to keep on getting free miles - but for that I must deposit and bet on something, anything - so I'm looking for risk free bet as much as possible - would you say the Cavs are guaranteed to win against Toronto?!?!
    no. of course not. for so many reasons..

1) why risk so much for so little

2) why are you not asking yourself why you really want to do this?

3) it is a LOSE/LOSE proposition for you.. meaning.. that if it loses (ANYTHING can happen)
    you are screwed. and if it wins you are screwed (not now but later).
    If this wins.. you will begin thinking/feeling differently about taking HUGE risks for minimal payout.
    You will do it again,.. and collect another meaningless £200, then another and then likely another..
    and your mind will begin thinking of it as FREE MONEY.. so you will do it a third or fourth time,
    and then it will happen..

so you will lose £10,000 for £400 or £600 paid out by your service.
    do not get into he habit of taking HUGE risks for small payouts.. you WILL lose. i guarantee that.

the Annals of history are filled with men who took great risks with HUGE payoffs...
    you are not going to get anywhere with £200 believe me, the more you do it, the more the likelihood
    grows exponentially.

be careful. watch your brain
    if you have £10 large laying around.. ask yourself..

"what am i really good at?.. how can i spend this money to enhance or advance my abilities/natural talents?"

that's where the real gold is.. in your abilities. in being truly great at something. which is exceedingly rare.

good luck

i understand

arie1985
    arie1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3140

Quote Originally Posted by pennstater12 View Post
    Why do you have to bet it all? Can't you just deposit the $10,000, make a few $100 bets over the course of a few days and then withdraw it? If you don't want to seem too suspicious then you could withdraw the money slowly over time.
    I'm not looking to constantly bet, just want to have 16,000 Avios per week until the end of September 2016. That's what I care about. If I go deep into this I know I would lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    no. of course not. for so many reasons..

1) why risk so much for so little

2) why are you not asking yourself why you really want to do this?

3) it is a LOSE/LOSE proposition for you.. meaning.. that if it loses (ANYTHING can happen)
    you are screwed. and if it wins you are screwed (not now but later).
    If this wins.. you will begin thinking/feeling differently about taking HUGE risks for minimal payout.
    You will do it again,.. and collect another meaningless £200, then another and then likely another..
    and your mind will begin thinking of it as FREE MONEY.. so you will do it a third or fourth time,
    and then it will happen..

so you will lose £10,000 for £400 or £600 paid out by your service.
    do not get into he habit of taking HUGE risks for small payouts.. you WILL lose. i guarantee that.

the Annals of history are filled with men who took great risks with HUGE payoffs...
    you are not going to get anywhere with £200 believe me, the more you do it, the more the likelihood
    grows exponentially.

be careful. watch your brain
    if you have £10 large laying around.. ask yourself..

"what am i really good at?.. how can i spend this money to enhance or advance my abilities/natural talents?"

that's where the real gold is.. in your abilities. in being truly great at something. which is exceedingly rare.

good luck

i understand
    I just typed my answer to the guy above and saw your post.
    You nailed it, exactly ... I'm not looking to bet big to win small, I just want to get the miles.
    Trust me, if I would have to bet, it would be over/under or spread, I won't risk large amount to win small ... but just for clarification I'm looking for something just to keep the Skrill as VIP "Silver", then "Card Uploads" are FREE of charge and then I just upload funds with my British Airways AMEX, withdraw to the bank for free, pay the card, and then do it again - I got FREE TICKET for my wife this way and going to get another one (just need to do it 5 times) so it's tons of FREE miles plus FREE airline ticket as well - that's the bargain I'm looking for! The bet itself is something I want to avoid so looking for the most "risk free" bet that there is out there.

arie1985

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    This is about the "surest" bet you'll find. She will be the Democratic nominee barring death. i'D go for it in your case but, how long will your money be tied up? If they nominate her this week do you get paid or do you have to wait until July 25th?
    I tend to agree.
    Okay, let me run some thoughts and see how I proceed with all this - thanks for your help Mac.

Regarding how long it will be tied up - it will be in that case, hypothetically speaking, until the nominee is officially declared as the nominee i.e. it's final - it could be on June 7 if Sanders fails to win California and chooses to drop out - we'll see ... I think both candidates from Dems and Reps need tons of time to send messages once the nomination process is behind us.

PS If it's Trump vs. Hillary - gosh, regardless of betting, I can't wait for the 1st debate, I believe it will attract SO MANY views from all over the world, just can't miss something like that (it would be more interesting than the NBA Playoffs that's for sure!)

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1204

I guess u didnt understand my first post

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

this thread is so funny

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Not worth the aggravation even though it's going to win

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22786

NO

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

What do you guys think about £1,000 on Hillary Clinton to become the Democratic Nominee (against Sanders or Biden), risking £1,000 to win £50 - is that a "safe" bet?
    The only way Hillary is not the nominee is if she's indicted or dies. That is a lead pipe lock.

arie1985

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    I guess u didnt understand my first post
    I did, sorry for not replying it ... I'm not into arbitrage, I want to keep my accounts active in case I would need to get more miles later on or for any other reason etc. - my Bet365 got limited so badly because I did arbitrage, not repeating it again, thanks though.

arie1985

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Not worth the aggravation even though it's going to win
    It seems like it's better than putting money in the bank ... in the bank you get 0.5% after a year ... here you get 2% after a week.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1204

I did, sorry for not replying it ... I'm not into arbitrage, I want to keep my accounts active in case I would need to get more miles later on or for any other reason etc. - my Bet365 got limited so badly because I did arbitrage, not repeating it again, thanks though.
    You use a betting exchnge and pinny.

Not a recreational book. Do as you wish.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I'd lay 20g's to win 100 on this series.

-20000 please

KuLaPhU
    KuLaPhU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 482

Don't do it period

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2370

look into betting both sides for a small porfit, or even an occasional small loss.
    that way you will never lose the full bank - even at 1.02 you will lose between bet 20-150, depending how lucky you are.

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2370

didnt see biggies post...
    but yeh thats the most rational thing to do, even if sometimes you lose a little.

jmp
    jmp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1377

In response to the person saying anyone can win a game,
    I would say yes in a game of football, but not in NBA

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

After tomorrow you could be shaking like a leaf

First 12