t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Sixers win the draft lottery!

WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Draft Simmons. Embiid starts playing next year. Saric comes over from Europe.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

And will still be useless

Sixers are not an NBA organization yet

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Colangelo won't fukk this up or will he?

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

They still need some veterans, but they're on their way.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Going to be interesting to see if Simmons and Ingram reps pull power moves to keep either kid from ending up with 76ers. Both would prefer to be in LA.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Going to be interesting to see if Simmons and Ingram reps pull power moves to keep either kid from ending up with 76ers. Both would prefer to be in LA.
    Too fukkin bad.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    They still need some veterans, but they're on their way.
    Been hearing that the last 5 years.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Too fukkin bad.
    la bound

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16732

Mutombo knew

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

Worked well with Okafor last year.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Okafor is a slob and the Sixers would love to move him. he might get in shape and change his work ethic for the right organization though.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20328

You guys will still probably suck. Good thing you got a top two pick because after that the draft is real weak.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Sixes still garbage. 20 years away from a championship

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Should contract this garbage organization. American sports need relegation rules.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Should contract this garbage organization. American sports need relegation rules.
    Gonna need some mitts to handle this flaming hot take.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    Worked well with Okafor last year.
    How so? He got stuck on a shitty team in a city who's greatest champs are Frazier, B Hop and a fictional character, Rocky Balboa. Philly is a great city to visit but they have no decent sports franchises.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

They also have cap room to add up to 3 max contact players if they wanted to. They are paying noone. This team could turn around quick. Going to be fun to watch

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Simmons is a pussy

Phila zero threat for at least 3-5 years

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

lmao, so fixed garbage. 20 years after last 1st overall. in 96

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

mikewlgm
    mikewlgm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/05/17/...ts-first-pick/

When a celebrity gossip website believes the draft is rigged the NBA has a real problem

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3423

How so? He got stuck on a shitty team in a city who's greatest champs are Frazier, B Hop and a fictional character, Rocky Balboa. Philly is a great city to visit but they have no decent sports franchises.
    Broadstreet Bullies are folk heroes in Philadelphia.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

6ers to take Ingram seems like a good bet.

Made a ton on KAT to go first overall last year but not sure if the sixers realize that Ingram is better pick given the organization's current status.

Will need to dig for this one, men.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Wizzler, why do you think Simmons is the better pick?

I just feel like Ingram fills a hole in their roster that Simmons does not.

I know he will need some work, I just feel like Simmons isn't the right fit given the team's current state.

No point having a play maker when you don't have guys that can't work well with him. Neither Jahlil or Joel fit the style that a focus on Simmons will dictate and it seems like the surrounding cast won't either. I feel as if Ingram fits the scheme more especially with the amount that they played Noel and Okafor simultaneously (I don't watch 6ers games but my brother lives in Philly and seems to assert that they used this lineup quite a bit.)

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Broadstreet Bullies are folk heroes in Philadelphia.
    i couldn't even name 1 player from that team. never watch hockey.

do a lot of people outside of philly remember them?

i hope 76ers get good soon. will be fun to see them competing for division title with celts. both teams are in great shape with cap space. both also have draft picks and tradeable assets. gm's are going to earn their pay the next 4-5 years.
    Last edited by Grits n' Gravy; 05-17-16 at 11:19 PM.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post

I know he will need some work, I just feel like Simmons isn't the right fit given the team's current state.

No point having a play maker when you don't have guys that can't work well with him. Neither Jahlil or Joel fit the style that a focus on Simmons will dictate and it seems like the surrounding cast won't either. I feel as if Ingram fits the scheme more especially with the amount that they played Noel and Okafor simultaneously (I don't watch 6ers games but my brother lives in Philly and seems to assert that they used this lineup quite a bit.)
    Not saying you're wrong and Ingram may be the better talent anyway, but if you're rebuilding you just take the best talent and let the chips fall where they may after that....trades and free agents will dramatically change your team anyway once you're ready to actually compete for a title

You can't try to fill a hole by passing over a better player unless you're one piece away IMO

JArrieta49
    JArrieta49's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 209

Why would any 76ers fan be excited? They're already scheming on how they can win the 2017 lottery, 2018 lottery, 2019 lottery, and 2020 lottery.

Most putrid organization in sports history. They're so bad that all remaining 76ers fans have proven themselves too dumb to think and should be sterilized for the good of humanity.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3423

i couldn't even name 1 player from that team. never watch hockey.

do a lot of people outside of philly remember them?

i hope 76ers get good soon. will be fun to see them competing for division title with celts. both teams are in great shape with cap space. both also have draft picks and tradeable assets. gm's are going to earn their pay the next 4-5 years.
    Only if your a Hockey fan probably.

Im with you on the Sixers,just need that one stud player and they can turn their fortunes around in a heartbeat. Weve seen it so many times in the past. When the Sixers drafted Iverson it didn't take long until he had them in contention,without a ton of help.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Disagree personally on all of the Sixers hate the last few years.....nothing worse in the NBA than doing the "kinda rebuild" and floating between the end of the lottery or the last 7 or 8 seed for years. Mediocrity is the worst in the NBA

They just basically said fukk it and went all the way with it....yeah it sucks being this terrible for a few years but now you have a great future and foundation in place for possible years of success going forward.....Definitley still some work to be done but they're on the right track. There was no bullshit either trying to compete like some other teams with no real chance at all, they pretty much told you this is what we're doing, love it or hate it

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16119

I agree, nothing wrong with the tank strategy ...but you have to make good picks, obviously ...and it helps when you pick first unlike last year!

So a great night for the Sixers. They will pick Simmons and he will turn the franchise around. Sure thing!

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16119

The Celtics have 8 picks but little roster space. Sounds like a nightmare for Danny Ainge.

They're the opposite of the Sixers in that they've tried to rebuild/ retool on the fly. Now they pay the price for their lack of vision.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

Embiid is the real wildcard here. The guy is built like Shaq but has tremendous shooting touch. Having Simmons feed this big guy down low all day changes the makeup of this team. Brown may make into a point forward where he handles the ball most of the time. It's a lock they take Simmons since Brown coached his father in Australia and has known this kid since he was a toddler. They need one free agent SG and PG to make this team legit.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by JArrieta49 View Post
    Why would any 76ers fan be excited? They're already scheming on how they can win the 2017 lottery, 2018 lottery, 2019 lottery, and 2020 lottery.

Most putrid organization in sports history. They're so bad that all remaining 76ers fans have proven themselves too dumb to think and should be sterilized for the good of humanity.
    hey rookie go fuk yourself.......great screen name btw.......how long it take you to think of that one ya jerk off

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Congrats for finally being rewarded for being so crappy

I can't wait until next year!

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post

You take the best player. No reason to try and get cute with it. I like Ingram a lot too. Wouldn't even be upset if they took him. But Simmons is such a unique talent. There's not many 6'9" or 6'10" guys out there who can handle the ball and pass like him while also hitting the boards the way he does.

If Simmons figures out his shot - and I believe he can - he'll be unstoppable. His shot isn't ugly, the form is actually fine. It's just a matter of building confidence and honing it a bit.

12 Last