Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lamarcus Aldridge shoulda stayed in Portland.. better chance to win Ring

man, what a goof... just like Harden insisting on MAX CONTRACT

when you are a good YOUNG team.. just be patient. work on it.. it will come..

he bolted for SA.. thinking. i will win a Ring here..

and the Spurs were great all season long, but spent it all on that stupid home record
    this season.. what is the point of going undefeated at home (or trying to)
    for an ENTIRE season..

now they don't have a Center.. and no bench without Ginobili...

it's over in SA.. Pop knows it... will retire

with Aldridge in Portland... Blazers beat the Warriors

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16166

I think him leaving was to do with the personality clash with Lillard. Lillard is a media darling and the lead man in Portland, and that was a point of frustration for Aldridge. Now in SA he has teammates that deflect credit and take a back seat. I think he's happy there.

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5441

Rings are for the fans. 90% of the players in the NBA could give two shits about winning over getting paid.

It's pathetic.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

He is not a guy who will perform in the spotlight and when the chips are down. In Portland he had none of that and with the Spurs he was fine until it was time to perform and he did not. A good player but not a champion it's that simple. Most guys are not and it has nothing to do with him, it's the way it is.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

You fell for the trap. No need to get personal ~

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

There will be offseason moves I can assure you the Spurs aren't going anywhere

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

hell no

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16166

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Rings are for the fans. 90% of the players in the NBA could give two shits about winning over getting paid.

It's pathetic.
    What is pathetic? Sacrificing money for a slap on the back? Sucj a thing is quite expensive in the modern NBA.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

It's pathetic.
    When u win a ring (assuming u r key guy) you do get paid. The financial opportunities that come with being a Finals MVP & NBA Champion are plentiful & far outweigh what u left on the table to pursue said ring/opportunities.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    I think him leaving was to do with the personality clash with Lillard. Lillard is a media darling and the lead man in Portland, and that was a point of frustration for Aldridge. Now in SA he has teammates that deflect credit and take a back seat. I think he's happy there.
    i was not aware of this.. if he hates divas.. then Spurs is perfect place. NO divas allowed to play.. and if you are, Pop will yell it out of you

It's pathetic.
    sad. and i think probably true.

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    He is not a guy who will perform in the spotlight and when the chips are down. In Portland he had none of that and with the Spurs he was fine until it was time to perform and he did not. A good player but not a champion it's that simple. Most guys are not and it has nothing to do with him, it's the way it is.
    he played great until the Spurs were down in the series, then turned to poo.. did not demonstrate will to climb uphill

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    There will be offseason moves I can assure you the Spurs aren't going anywhere
    disagree. Spurs are done. Duncan, Parker, Gino.. all bad now. Too much to replace, and with Aldridge not being a guy who climbs hills, then this hill won't be climbed. Spurs over. Pop will retire.. a mediocre coach can't help them for the spot they will be in

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    What is pathetic? Sacrificing money for a slap on the back? Sucj a thing is quite expensive in the modern NBA.
    disagree with this. why not really try to win it all? Do something exceptionally rare in life.

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    When u win a ring (assuming u r key guy) you do get paid. The financial opportunities that come with being a Finals MVP & NBA Champion are plentiful & far outweigh what u left on the table to pursue said ring/opportunities.
    i agree. just dying with that grin on your face is enough, knowing that you tried everything to win.

italianbandit
    italianbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2767

Ratzz, nice call on Spurs collapsing.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    with Aldridge in Portland... Blazers beat the Warriors
    the underlining makes it pretty convincing though.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by italianbandit View Post
    Ratzz, nice call on Spurs collapsing.
    thank you bandit, i thought it would happen sooner..

i think they wasted so much gas on that home record..
    which was incredible, but adds up to nothing

i was kinda hoping that ATL would at least win a game vs. Cavs.

i don't like sweeps either way