The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Billy Donovan has OKC on Point

I don't know if Billy outcoached Pops, but he was certainly his equal.

Billy had his troops ready and made great adjustments

Whats more surprising to me is how he utilized Adams/Kanter, something Scottie B didn't do

I've known Brooks on a personal level for years and he's a great guy and coach, but he never had OKC on point like Billy has them right now. Westrbook playing his best ball yet.

To Brooks defense, this was always the team he wanted to coach, they just weren't healthy the last few years

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Friday night after Game 3 all I heard was Billy Donovan is in over his head. Funny how fast things can change.

He did a good job preparing his team. They ran the Spurs off their spot and made them pass up looks they normally take. Ultimately it's up to the players to get it done.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

The other day you called him one of the worst coaches in the league.

Of course, couple of years ago you suggested anyone not voting Republican were crazy. And now you're a full-blown Democrat.

I can't keep up with your mood changes, man.

Is this what makes you so great in bed, kraken? The uncertainty of what's coming next?

The Kraken

To a large degree, yes

But don't overlook the importance of Billy putting the right players on the court and utilizing them correctly, thats good coachhing

I can't say I've ever seen OKC play this good as a team

It will be bittwesweet if OkC wins it all without Brooks at the helm, Brooks was a big part of this team and took over when OKC was something like 2-19 in their first year in OKC.

Well done Billy D

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    The other day you called him one of the worst coaches in the league.

Of course, couple of years ago you suggested anyone not voting Republican were crazy. And now you're a full-blown Democrat.

I can't keep up with your mood changes, man.

Is this what makes you so great in bed, kraken? The uncertainty of what's coming next?
    I put him in the top 5, just didnt feel like arguing later in the thread....

What makes me really great in bed is my god given talent, some things you just can't learn

The unpreditability is both a strength and a curse

Some times Im so open minded my brain falls out, when this happens I usually wake up with anal beads laying next to me and a sore arse
    Points Awarded:

The Giant gave The Kraken 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

OKC won 2 games in San Antonio with the refs help. Adam Silver wanted Warriors-Thunders to please the networks. Lets not give credit to a coach the refs decided the games.

The Kraken

Common Pavy

OKC was up in both of those games with seconds left

It would've taken a miracle 3 for SA to tie the last game

And lets not forget the first foul in the game in which Dumbfukk Waiters pushed Ginobli, was actually Ginobli stepping over the line, the refs blew that call first, and thats a tech

Quit minimizing OKc's wins, they were up in those games and SA wasn't winning either

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It came down to Oklahoma City playing very very good defense and that's a reflection on coaching

The Kraken

The media now talking about how old SA is

The same SA that just had one of the greatest reg seasons ever, and went 40-1 at home

Good god

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

Kraken,

The fix starts with 2 min left..not with 10 seconds left. You could see the fix last game from a mile away.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

You didn't put him in the top five, but I'm going to give you points since you made me laugh and I'm crushing people at poker right now.

The Kraken

Maybe, I didn't see it, but you're a smart guy and an architect, so I don't doubt you see things I can't

Fukking Waiters gonna cost OKC the next series, would rather have Charles Barkley on the court

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    You didn't put him in the top five, but I'm going to give you points since you made me laugh and I'm crushing people at poker right now.
    Re-read, I put in him top 5 on page 1

Kill em tonight Giant, i remember the night we played sbr poker and you outted me as a donk five hands in with my check-call-fold style of play

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Brad Stevens

Every middle aged white guy has a hard on for Brad Stevens, it's SICKENING

OKC didn't even make the playoffs last year, Billy D arrives in town and bang, they're the #3 seed

Put Billy D on the goddamn list and /thread

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Donovan has been coaching terribly all year but credit is due he did well this series. No way he's top 5 in the NBA. That's not up for debate.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

OKC has always been a bad match up for the Spurs. Their athleticism puts the Spurs in many bad situations. The Warriors can match up better athletically, but they have always had trouble stopping Durant. They are in for a dog fight, and even if they win the Cavs are playing their best ball right now. This championship will not be a cheapy for the Dubs.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Billy D is one of the best coaches period. Any sport. The guy knows how to motivate his troops. It took him a while to adjust to the NBA game but he has these guys on point. Don't underestimate how strong his assistants are as well. Mo Cheeks and Anthony Grant can really reach these players. They are head coaches in their own right.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    OKC has always been a bad match up for the Spurs. Their athleticism puts the Spurs in many bad situations. The Warriors can match up better athletically, but they have always had trouble stopping Durant. They are in for a dog fight, and even if they win the Cavs are playing their best ball right now. This championship will not be a cheapy for the Dubs.
    Historically okc has had trouble with good 3-pt shooting teams, they've struggled on rotations and pik n' rolls, lets see how they do this series

15805's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16152

I'd rather have Russell Westbrook & Durant than any two players on any team in the league
    including Kerry & Thompson or Lebron & Irving. Those two could ,make anyone look like a good
    coach.

I love the way Westbrook plays, a modern day larger sized Oscar Iverson!

The Kraken

Agree AM

Russ averaged 10.5 assists/game, and after game 3 he really changed the way he played.

Plus numerous off rebounds, steals and of course, the scoring

One of the announcers nailed it after the game when they were talking about whether this is Durants team or Westbrooks team and the guy said "it's both of theirs team"

According to Pops, "Thats a true statement"

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

anyone who would take durant over westbrook never watched a game in their life

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Billy D is one of the best coaches period. Any sport. The guy knows how to motivate his troops. It took him a while to adjust to the NBA game but he has these guys on point. Don't underestimate how strong his assistants are as well. Mo Cheeks and Anthony Grant can really reach these players. They are head coaches in their own right.
    Whoah there.

Billy D was a bumbling mess in a lot of ways, all the way up until this series. Great great job, somebody came up with a sick game plan and rode it. If Dion Waiters is playing more than 0 minutes, or Kanter is in there in a major defensive spot, he's not doing as good of a job as he should. But this was really impressive.

15805's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16152

I'm not a great basketball fan but I tune in once in a while & Westbrook is the player
    I love to watch. I've seen Curry in the sports highlights & know he's the MVP & he is
    fantastic but if I had to pick one player to start a team I'd pick Westbrook. I'm interested
    to see who outplays who in the coming series.

rm18
    Update your status

it will be close but green owns durant and roberson and waiters are not even nba players

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    it will be close but green owns durant and roberson and waiters are not even nba players
    You think it will be close? I dunno, GSW a completely different style of team. You would have to come up with the ultimate game plan twice in a row to even keep it close. Still saying GSW in 5.

rpesi9955
    rpesi9955's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1441

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    You think it will be close? I dunno, GSW a completely different style of team. You would have to come up with the ultimate game plan twice in a row to even keep it close. Still saying GSW in 5.
    Maybe 6

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Coaching don't win games, players win games

rm18
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    oh I meant westbrook/curry. the series though will be tough for them

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    The media now talking about how old SA is

The same SA that just had one of the greatest reg seasons ever, and went 40-1 at home

Good god
    It's the same story every time. When the spurs lose they are old. When they win it's cause of pops.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

still work to be done, Krakker.

Cavs will see them in the finals!

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Coaching don't win games, players win games
    Mark Jackson says hello.