lilpete
    lilpete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you think the NBA is rigged?

thoughts?

l7ustin
    l7ustin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2724

The ref scandals are notorious and while I am sure that the league prefers bigger market teams win, the games do not appear outright rigged.

The refs seem like a few bad guys acting individually not a NBA systemic problem.

I do question some of the results of that lottery pick system though. It has had some sketchy results

rockmvp1209
    rockmvp1209's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3931

NFL is a lot easier to rig with the pass interference holding bullshit calls

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by lilpete View Post
    thoughts?
    does a bear shit in the woods and wipes his ass with a white bunny?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: trevor123698

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Quote Originally Posted by rockmvp1209 View Post
    NFL is a lot easier to rig with the pass interference holding bullshit calls
    Bullshit. You can call a foul on EVERY possesion in the NBA.

and OP, lilsweety,
    think for yourself.
    what are YOUR thoughts???

lilpete

hate to say it but 100% rigged imo. the nba is a business and in business you try to maximize profits.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13122

thoughts?
    I think they, the league , prefer certain matchups. Take this year, you think they don't want GSW playing the SAS ???? Of course they do. I also think they would like to see Cleveland play Miami.
    I mean who would bother watching the finals if it was Toronto vs. Portland??? LOL. Rigged ???? That is something everyone has an opinion on, just not me. The best teams win anyway.

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

hate to say it but 100% rigged imo. the nba is a business and in business you try to maximize profits.
    there Ya go!

maybe not every game, but sometimes, yes. or maybe always, but at least sometimes.

lilpete

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghPlayer View Post
    there Ya go!

maybe not every game, but sometimes, yes. or maybe always, but at least sometimes.
    these guys are that good that they can fix games and the fans wouldnt even notice but the gamblers notice because they are the ones getting screwed.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

out of the pool of refs in professional and college.. this goes for basketball too.. id go and say atleast 60% are involved in fixing the game one way or another. money talks my friend, money talks.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

no

some players get more calls than others though

lilpete

the heat-cavs matchup will be pure gold for the NBA...watch the heat take 'em to 7

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

less then when stern was commish and it was blatantly obvious but i think theres still a helping hand in certain situations

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

the heat-cavs matchup will be pure gold for the NBA...watch the heat take 'em to 7
    Of Course, that's what I am talking about.....see #7.

lilpete

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Of Course, that's what I am talking about.....see #7.
    so who wins the title i think they want cleveland to try and get LBJ to 5 or 6 rings up there with Kobe and MJ

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

so who wins the title i think they want cleveland to try and get LBJ to 5 or 6 rings up there with Kobe and MJ
    I still think best team wins, doubt it's Cav's. Spurs or GSW. I lean Spurs. Just me, means nothing.

lilpete

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    I still think best team wins, doubt it's Cav's. Spurs or GSW. I lean Spurs. Just me, means nothing.
    true i mean its still fun to watch and in fairness it might not be rigged...spurs are very good cant argue against that pick

louielouie
    louielouie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Cavs will win it all this year and yes the league is somewhat rigged

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Of course it's big business and big business is always dirty , corrupt. self serving. Then you throw in Vegas factor, and tv networks (the latter essentially being league's bosses) and you have a recipe for disaster. We see it time and time again and the funny how the script always ends with networks or Vegas getting what benefits them most. This is not by accident ,or pure lucky coincidence.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

No way itll go anywhere near 7 games, if it did then youd know it was rigged lol. Heat arnt that good.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Heat are a good squad and have done well vs Cavs since Bron returned. Series should go 6 at the least with Cavs winning of course. I would not bet a cent taking Raps series price vs Miami that much I know! Got shoe horned past a meaningless Indy team nobody cares about to keep our viewers from north tuned in for 5 more minutes. League/networks will get their Bron v Wade series though.

KuLaPhU
    KuLaPhU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 482

It's rigged when your bet lose

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Heat are a good squad and have done well vs Cavs since Bron returned. Series should go 6 at the least with Cavs winning of course. I would not bet a cent taking Raps series price vs Miami that much I know! Got shoe horned past a meaningless Indy team nobody cares about to keep our viewers from north tuned in for 5 more minutes. League/networks will get their Bron v Wade series though.
    Canadian teams shouldn't be allowed. In any league.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Yeah Mag might be right aboot that lol. Just don't see what all hype is about these overrated chokers honestly. Should have lost to Indy let's be honest folks they were on life support late in several of those games. Never seen a #2 seed struggle so much with a #7 and quite honestly should have lost the series in 6 probably. That said I get Heat with Wade +140 vs these clowns? Yes please!!! Throw in a free roll while I'm at it and make the bet a 2t par. Cavs and Heat win these series and meet up $200/376 for me Basically getting closer 2/1 odds with Heatles now. Cavs ousting chickenhawks is a foregone conclusion.
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 05-02-16 at 01:56 PM.

jmunzz1116
    jmunzz1116's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 680

It's rigged, read the book "The Fix is in". They have certain markets they want in matchups to make the most money so they use the referees to influence the games. The players and coaches I don't think know anything about it. It clearly say's on your ticket stubs when you go to the game that it's "entertainment" and there has been court cases where the leagues have argued that it is just entertainment so they can do whatever they want to influence matchups. The biggest storyline with the biggest chance to make $ is the one they go with...Look at Peyton Manning somehow magically winning the playoffs and Super Bowl, granted their D was sick but c'mon tons of questionable calls throughout the entire playoffs. Peyton Manning winning his final game and it's a Super Bowl for one of the best QBs of all time? Lol. It's a fairy tale league. They also promote all kinds of NWO shit like gun control, homosexual agenda, open borders, etc. They even laugh in your face when they do their satanic rituals at half time.

Avenger_deux
    Avenger_deux's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

It's not rigged?

Kobe makes the game-winning shot during his last game of his career.

The Lakers beat the Warriors.

The Rockets beat the Warriors.

But the Spurs lose to the Warriors.

The Warriors lose to the Timberwolves, Pistons and Bucks but still finish out a 73 wins for the season.

Tell me again how the NBA is not rigged?

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GoodSun

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13317

nah

lilpete

kobe dropping 60 in his last game is ridiculous the guy did nothing all year....jeter getting the walk-off game winning hit in his last game was funny too

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Nah, not from what I have seen so far.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Fail bettors usually cry Foul with NBA and rigging

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

was it rigged when the workers were literally carting out the trophy for the spurs and putting the yellow tape up to prevent miami fans from going on the court when the spurs were up 5 or 6 or whatever with 20 seconds left??? and then ray allen hit that 3 for the tie in the corner?

I think the ball allen shot was somehow connected to some invisible string, and it was being guided in by "the business"

then parker missing the floater to win the nba championship....that was rigged too....no matter how hard parker tried...he had no chance to make that shot....because "the business" was controlling his body.

Looks like the trophy was supposed to go to the heat the entire time. "The Business" made ginobli miss that free throw, allowed lebron to hit that 3, and guided the ball in on ray allen's 3 with 3 spurs defenders draped around him....the clutchest shot in nba history....but there is no "clutch." it's simply "the business of the nba."

Goat Milk

kobe dropping 60 in his last game is ridiculous the guy did nothing all year....jeter getting the walk-off game winning hit in his last game was funny too
    kobe had dropped 35 points in 27 minutes a couple games prior....Kobe averaged 17 ppg....how many guys in the entire league even averaged that? Less than 15% of the nba. Silence bro. You're clueless.

Goat Milk

So why is Lebron 2 for 6 in the finals if this was "the business plan" the entire time?

What about Pistons beating the Lakers in 2004? You're saying that was better for business?

If not for Bryant's craziness in 1 game, Pistons would have swept that finals. Clean sweeps are good for business? Blowouts? Every game a straight blowout.....

Clueless

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Yeah there is certainly plenty of that Gold. But that's a horse shit answer end of day and you know it. Just way too much evidence over years to support its dirty. Nobody seems to be saying EVERY gm is fixed I certainly don't believe that but it happens in spots.

Someone mentioned the book "Fix is in" above very good book. The author who's name I cannot recall has written several on subject that includes a lot of evidence too hard too ignore which includes fbi files he obtained thru freedom of information act. Check on you tube a interview he did on comedian Artie Langes show with former Nfl and Raider great Jon Ritchie. He completely assaults their senses with knowledge and dresses down JR so hard it's embarrassing watching him try and gather his thoughts and studder along trying to be a good servant and protect the shield.

Goat Milk

How many more examples you want? You want some older examples from the 90s? I have plenty. I'm willing to bet you never followed the nba during that time. So I'm trying to bring up recent things you'll remember.

Miami up 15 in game 2 of nba finals 2011 against dallas about to take a 2-0 lead. It's a wrap. It's in the bag with 6 minutes left in the game....up 15....wade dominating....dirk, in probably the most incredible 6 minutes in nba finals history....leads Dallas back, and hits a left handed layup over bosh for the win.....Dallas goes on to win that series, instead of Miami up 2-0, with a comfy lead.....clearly rigged. Refs helped Dirk make all those ridiuclous fadeaways. They controlled his body, his shot, the rim, everything.

1234 Last