onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Artest, Rashard Lewis, Bibby and Mike James to the Heat?

Miami Herald NBA sources say the Heat will pursue free agents Ron Artest and Rashard Lewis this offseason. Miami could also be interested in former Heat guard Mike James and Sacramento guard Mike Bibby.
    Heat

Would the addition of anyone of these players, help the Heat get to that next level once again?

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Lewis to Miami

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

lewis would be the best addition

LargeMouthBass
    LargeMouthBass's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lewis will stay in Seattle. Why would they let him go? Only way the Sonics would keep the team in Seattle is to have Allen, Lewis, and Durant.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

good point

I could see Artest as well, but it wouldn't help them get any younger

gridironguy
    gridironguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

They can pursue them all they want, but I don't think they'll get every one of those guys..

maybe two of them, but not three or all four of them.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

What the hell do they have to give for all of them..? If they give the farm away then they'll be back where they started... Mike Bibby is a perimeter shooter who can help them... They have a lot of everything else but not enough pure shooters... They don't need them all just Bibby and Artest...

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree with ShamsWoof here. What are the bargaining chips that Miami possesses exactly? Am I missing something? Do they have a ton of cap space that I'm unaware of? Maybe Antoine Walker's contract is expiring??? I'm clueless, but then again, I didn't read the article.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seattle would match any offer for Lewis. He's going nowhere unless they get $1.10 on the dollar for him. Artest and Bibby could be good acquisitions, but they each made in excess of 7.5 million last year and i doubt either are taking pay cuts. And Mike James??? The fact thaat his name was even thrown in there with the others makes me giggle.