TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Is Reggie Jackson's Injury For The Detroit Pistons More Serious Than First Diagnosed?

I really thought Detroit was just sitting out Reggie Jackson for rest during his last game of the season. From the reports I'm getting.... Pistons have already signed another guard on the roster.

If Reggie can't go.... Pistons offense would be non existent. Dead. Laughable. I don't think Pope can fill in for him.

5Dimes opened up at Cleveland -8.5 earlier....

Now... books are fluctuating -10.5 to -11

But like I said... Reggie Jackson is Detroit's spark plug.... especially at HOME. Just go ahead and check Reggie's scoring at The Palace compared to the Road.

It's kind of sad... (again) if he isn't starting.... I don't know how the Pistons can make the game competitive? Practically impossible.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Money, it's totally irrelevant.

Detroit will be lucky to win a game either way.

louielouie
    louielouie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

I'm planning on a Cavs sweep prop for sure -- don't think they will lose many games this playoff

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

He is going back to the Yankees next year anyway

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

They will be swept by Lebron with or without Reggie.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Money, it's totally irrelevant.

Detroit will be lucky to win a game either way.
    Well... I wouldn't say totally irrelevant. Detroit is 3-1 against Cleveland season Series. If you don't want to include the final game of the regular season... fine... then Detroit is 2-1 in the season series.

There's much more offensive production when Reggie Jackson is on the court. Detroit has always played shi#$y defense all year... that's a given. But, from an offensive standpoint... Reggie knows how to feed Drummond. Every other guard Detroit has... is out of sync with Drummond.

I'm just saying... better chance of Detroit with a BACKDOOR COVER with Reggie in the lineup.... than without him. Detroit absolutely sucks without him. It's literally Night and Day.

So.... I would assume Cleveland covers easily.... that's if Cleveland doesn't play passive.

louielouie

-1500 for the series should be -3000 or better

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Pistons should win series 4-2

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This guys not a superstar so how can he be relevant in the series?

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13317

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Well... I wouldn't say totally irrelevant. Detroit is 3-1 against Cleveland season Series. If you don't want to include the final game of the regular season... fine... then Detroit is 2-1 in the season series.

There's much more offensive production when Reggie Jackson is on the court. Detroit has always played shi#$y defense all year... that's a given. But, from an offensive standpoint... Reggie knows how to feed Drummond. Every other guard Detroit has... is out of sync with Drummond.

I'm just saying... better chance of Detroit with a BACKDOOR COVER with Reggie in the lineup.... than without him. Detroit absolutely sucks without him. It's literally Night and Day.

So.... I would assume Cleveland covers easily.... that's if Cleveland doesn't play passive.
    Ive never seen them play without Reggie... Who is the back up PG? and the newly signed guard?

sk0002
    sk0002's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7156

Taking Celtics/Hawks to upset cavs, then taking heat/raptors to upset cavs. Juicy Juicy lines for Cavs not making the finals, it's coming people, Lebron himself said he wouldnt want to lose another finals, so he might as well quit cause Cavs has 0 shot of winning the chip this year. Expect Cavs to crash out before finals.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

The only team that has a slight chance of beating cleveland 4 times is the Heat. No one else in the East will be beating the Cavs 4 times. If Miami had Bosh I take them right now to win the east if not the ship.

louielouie

no one is beating the cavs except maybe and very maybe at that the spurs

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    They will be swept by Lebron with or without Reggie.
    you've obviously never bothered to watch the Pistons play with Jackson

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    That's what they said about everybody on the 2004 Pistons team.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I don't know how else to explain it... Reggie just knows how to get Drummond involved. He knows when to penetrate and kick... he knows when to drive and look to get fouled. All I can say is... the kid tires. And HE UNDERSTANDS how the offense is ran. When Reggie Jackson sits for rest... Pistons try to pound Drummond for a little... when Drummond is off on his 4-6 footers... Detroit is just an outside, jump happy team. They have HORRIBLE defense. Only way Detroit can stay in the game.... is if they answer each shot scored on them. And they aren't going to do that in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post

Ive never seen them play without Reggie... Who is the back up PG? and the newly signed guard?
    Pistons just signed Lorenzo Brown to a multi year deal.

The backup is typically Steve Blake.... but Pistons weren't playing him that often. Blake is 36 now... and honestly... isn't that effective. So, when Reggie sits.... it's a puzzle that Van Gundy uses. He just mixes and matches... hoping to push the right buttons.

Reggie averages about 31 minutes a game... he typically gives you around 20 points a game. Like... a guaranteed 20 points. You take him out of the lineup... I don't know how you replace someone who gives you 20? Pistons really don't have a 2nd "top notch" scorer.

Albert Poo Holes
    Albert Poo Holes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 841

Reggie jackson is phenomenal if you think him being out doesn't make a difference you are a fool... the dude leads the league in points scored in clutch time.
    And everyone is so quick to discount the 3-1 Detroit went against cleveland in the reg season (forget last game so it was really 2-1) but they played them very competitive and a great matchup for detroit.
    If Reggie plays, detroit can steal a game or two, obviously they are not beating cleveland in a series but if you're someone who still doesnt realize what a player he is then you haven't seen him play this year.

I think he is fine but if he is out or hobbled detroit is screwed sideways and a half. Most important player on team.

TheMoneyShot

What cracks me up.... I saw 5Dimes open up with Cleveland -8.5 with my own eyes. I can't find one website that shows this.... everything says they opened up with -11. I'm not crazy. They had all the lines up for every game and series price. To me... it wasn't an error at the time. Don't understand this?

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

Just tuned in and Pistons shooting 60%+ by 2nd quarter when have they ever done that all season lol

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Kyrie Irving defense

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

Cavs gym too easy too shoot at everyone is getting buckets

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

+11 was too easy