StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

I'm not old, but I grew up when the Bulls won all the championships. I remember when they got smoked by the bad boys. I'm from Chicago.

I've always said Kobe was just as good as Jordan, because he was. He just was on different teams, the game changed, they all changed. Jordan added a 3 pointer later in his career because he was a great player. Period. Both are crazy competitive pieces of crap, but Jordan moreso.

By the way, LeBron is also just as good. It's like picking your favorite movie.

By definition, the greatest ever in basketball (and why it can't be the greatest game) is the center, and that is because it is always dependent on height. They tried to make this less relevant by adding the 3, but changed and some would argue ruined, the game.

---

The other issue I have is that basketball is supposedly "non-contact." Not it's not, but it should be. Especially in the 80s, you have all this bravado about taking punishment and "being strong with the ball" (I got that all my years in AAU with some NBA guys too) that they have since taken out of the game, but not totally.

It shouldn't matter if I'm Shaq or Kristaps Porzingis. If I can play, I can play. Backing somebody down because you are bigger and they don't call it is not basketball. It's a mild form of pro-wrestling.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8999

Fun and fitting ending for the best gunner we've ever seen.

Still take Duncan any day of the week though.

Meanwhile in Oakland, Curry put a stamp on one of the craziest offensive seasons in NBA history. 46 points on 24 shots in 30 minutes. He shot 50% overall for the season while attempting 10+ 3's a night. Insane.

afgballer56
    afgballer56's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 417

lebron not cut from the same cloth as jordan or kobe
    diffirent intensity n killer instinct

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8999

Quote Originally Posted by afgballer56 View Post
    nd if kobe had pippen he woulda won 7 rings
    Just read this...Pippen was a guy who once sat out the final play of a playoff game because his number wasnt called. No way those 2 egos would've been able to co-exist for long.

While Kobe was great, Jordan was on another level. The only aspect of Kobe's game that was better was 3 point shooting...and I dont even think there was that big of a gap.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

all around player of course James better but like others said he is not a killer..more of a pussy

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by TxAaron View Post
    Lol he went 6-21 from the 3-point line for an amazing 28% and he also raped a white girl.
    he didn't rape that slut. she had 10 different sperm samples. she was just a mobile sperm bank looking to hit the jackpot.

love him or hate him but he wasn't a rapist...

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Fun and fitting ending for the best gunner we've ever seen.

Still take Duncan any day of the week though.
    Smart man, also supports what I said in my previous post.

afgballer56

no one is really taking duncan over kobe
    people wanna sound smart n analytical nd try n think outside the box
    duncan didnt have half the impact n dominance on the game

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    He took 50 shots and didn't even make half of them. Jazz let him win.
    Exactly. They should have put their best defender on him and doubled him up.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by TxAaron View Post
    Lol he went 6-21 from the 3-point line for an amazing 28% and he also raped a white girl.
    yeah, an international superstar that can get any girl he wanted raped a no name girl. yup, that adds up. clueless.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    They tried guarding him with everyone. They were smothering him every play. Congrats, you played yourself. As usual.

Goat Milk

Most people in here don't realize that 95% of NBA players are not capable of taking 50 shots. They can't get 50 shots off in an nba game. They can't create that separation...... You think it's easy to shoot 50 times in an nba game? LOL Duncan right now couldn't get off 25 shots in a game if he tried. Half his shots would get blocked. Guy can't create his own shots anymore either. Kobe can rise over anyone at any time and still blow by them in short spurts.

Goat Milk

As much as I love Jordan, he went out like a bitch compared to bryant. Can't even remember how many he scored in his final game but it was no where near this. Also, he loses credibility for retiring and then coming back, and also playing baseball and golf and finally....going to the fukking wizards.....jordan's career became hard to watch at that point even though he was still a good player.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Kobe is not in the top ten all time, maybe not even in top 20.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Most people in here don't realize that 95% of NBA players are not capable of taking 50 shots. They can't get 50 shots off in an nba game. They can't create that separation...... You think it's easy to shoot 50 times in an nba game? LOL Duncan right now couldn't get off 25 shots in a game if he tried. Half his shots would get blocked. Guy can't create his own shots anymore either. Kobe can rise over anyone at any time and still blow by them in short spurts.
    Don't expect most people to understand this but you nailed it.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

there's no denying the fact that kobe played extremely hard last night. probably to a point where he thought he was playing in the game 7 of an nba finals. but to say 95% of the people can't put up 50 shots is a straight up lie. kobe is respected for his competitive spirit and his work ethics, not his extreme athleticism. if you truly believe utah gave their 100% effort, i got a bridge to sell you.

he should've retired couple years back, he set the lakers back 3 years.

and for anyone saying they'd take duncan over kobe? c'mon man!!! kareem in his prime on the other hand...

WagwanBruv
    WagwanBruv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 382

Lol totally agree, I love how people put an emphasis on his 50 shots, Not knowing its hard as f**k to even attempt that many.Well said Goat!

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

oh and fukk father time. that fukker is still undefeated!!!

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

yeah, an international superstar that can get any girl he wanted raped a no name girl. yup, that adds up. clueless.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    there's no denying the fact that kobe played extremely hard last night. probably to a point where he thought he was playing in the game 7 of an nba finals. but to say 95% of the people can't put up 50 shots is a straight up lie. kobe is respected for his competitive spirit and his work ethics, not his extreme athleticism. if you truly believe utah gave their 100% effort, i got a bridge to sell you.

he should've retired couple years back, he set the lakers back 3 years.

and for anyone saying they'd take duncan over kobe? c'mon man!!! kareem in his prime on the other hand...
    utah did give 100% effort. Albeit they were missing their two best defenders in Gobert and Favors which would have made the pic and rolls a lot more difficult. Kobe was shitting on the likes of Hayward, Ingles, Neto, Lyles, etc. A bunch of bums save for Hayward. They were smothering him every play.

Parenthetically, Bryant is one of the most athletic players I've ever seen in his prime....not sure what Kobe Bryant you watched over his career.

Before tearing his achilles, Bryant was a dominant force even at 34 35 years old. Dropping 27 5 and 6 every night......Dantoni ruined his career. If not for Dantoni Bryant would be averaging 24 a night even at 37 38 years old....

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

facts

even though he did undeniably chuck some 3s i was impressed with his desire to get to the rim so much. he was breaking down guys and going hard to the basket much more than i expected.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Ummmmm, they did!!

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    Kobe is not in the top ten all time, maybe not even in top 20.
    How fccking stupid can you be? No wonder you lose money betting on sports lololol.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Kobe is the best of his generation but his generation is the worst in the history of NBA in terms of talent.

afgballer56

goat milk knows what hes talkin abt
    not anyone can take 50 shots
    he made 22 of dem
    44percent is a good percentage
    ppl jus hate because its kobe

afgballer56

his generation has great players in their own right
    duncan
    iverson
    garnett
    for the guy who said kobe isnt top 20
    get urself introduced to doctor because u are not normal

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

His finish was kind of a joke though. Definitely a legend regardless of how this game played out.

100% True.

I thought I was watching WWE for a moment.

I thought Hogan (I mean Bryant) was going to wave and point his finger.... then do a leg drop.

Clearly NBA is entertainment.

What did Utah say during their last 2 timeouts?? Let Kobe Win? Because clearly that's what happened.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    100% True.

I thought I was watching WWE for a moment.

I thought Hogan (I mean Bryant) was going to wave and point his finger.... then do a leg drop.

Clearly NBA is entertainment.

What did Utah say during their last 2 timeouts?? Let Kobe Win? Because clearly that's what happened.
    No man. Utah was guarding Kobe like they were guarding Michael Jordan in Game 6 of the 1996 NBA Finals. But MJ being MJ he passed it to Steve Kerr and he made the winning shot. Kobe would have shot it himself and miss it.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Problem with the young buck generation is that they hate us because we had Jordan an Gretzky and they keep trying to up our guys. Kobe was good but no Jordan. Closest thing tho. This might be the gayest post I ever wrote.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I'm not knocking Kobe's career. I enjoyed watching him. In fact... every time the Lakers were underdogs... (which was very rare)... Kobe made me cash. I can't think of anyone who made me more cash than him.... it's one thing I'll always remember.

Can you think of an athlete off the top of your head that made you the most cash?

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

No they didn't. You obviously didn't watch the game. You check the box score & think you know what happened. The Jazz were playing him hard on D all game...

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

So agree with this statement! Kobe and Michael were killers. I feel Kobe had that throw back attitude from the NBA of the 80s and 90s. LeBron is part of that new AAU , let's all be friends generation.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Couldn't have said it better myself. You guys love to hammer Goat but there is no doubt the man understands the game at a fundamental level...

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    So agree with this statement! Kobe and Michael were killers. I feel Kobe had that throw back attitude from the NBA of the 80s and 90s. LeBron is part of that new AAU , let's all be friends generation.
    There may something to this. A sign of the times

First 12