lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7683

Pops said he is resting duncan till next year's playoffs

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Who's that guy curry kissed at the end of the game?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

POPS is way too nice to Kerr every time they play.

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

san antonio deserve 1st round exit. and pop get fired.

CJ
    CJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5812

LB you're a real f**king idiot

CJ

And an obvious f\*g

CJ

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Who's that guy curry kissed at the end of the game?
    I'm sur lakerfag wishes it was him

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

The hugged/kissed was real

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Pops said he is resting duncan till next year's playoffs
    His team is old as dirt though.

lakerboy

Congrats pops. You improved on last year's finish and made round 2.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Give pops a break. While he is a great coach, he can't cover up for washed up scrubs. You still can't deny his track record of like 14 consecutive seasons of 50 wins and multiple NBA titles.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Perfect time to retire

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    he can't cover up for washed up scrubs.
    They went 67-15. Get out of here.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    They went 67-15. Get out of here.
    In the end OKC was the better team. We can talk about coaches all we want, but in the end, the players decide games. The difference in the series was OKC figured out how to close out games. If anything, OKC under-achieved in the regular season, they had 2 of the top 10 players in the NBA (maybe top 5?) and finished third in their conference.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Parker
    Ginolbi
    Duncan

All should quit

lakerboy

KRIT are you a media guy?

KRIT

KRIT are you a media guy?
    You got me. I'm a Spurs beat writer.

NBA Maniac
    NBA Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 116

ahahahaah

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Donovan ran circles around Pop this series.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
    Donovan ran circles around Pop this series.
    Exactly. Yet no one will say anything. If spurs won all we would hear is how pop made all the adjustments while donovan doesn't belong in the nba.

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

Give pops a break. While he is a great coach, he can't cover up for washed up scrubs. You still can't deny his track record of like 14 consecutive seasons of 50 wins and multiple NBA titles.
    I can't forgive him for not having his best player on the court to close out a game! Regardless of the situation Jordan, Lebron, Kobe, Durant would have been on the court. Duncan was your best player he should have been on the court!

Patty Mills is not a point guard hes a spot up shooter. He tried to make him a back up point guard and his shot went to shit!

Danny Green is not a starter.The guy can't finish around the basket and gets nervous as hell when he has to dribble. How many games has he started and had zero points!

Same for Matt Bonner. How many games in the past did he start and have zero points!

The Spurs could easily have 7 or 8 rings if they had someone to hit an open shot.

KRIT

Exactly. Yet no one will say anything. If spurs won all we would hear is how pop made all the adjustments while donovan doesn't belong in the nba.
    That's not a pops problem, that is a media problem. I think you hate Pops because of the media, not because of who Pops is. Ever think of that?

But it's true. If SA won, Pops would be getting a ton of praise. But Pop can't control what the media says/writes.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by dmncnlou View Post
    I can't forgive him for not having his best player on the court to close out a game! Regardless of the situation Jordan, Lebron, Kobe, Durant would have been on the court. Duncan was your best player he should have been on the court!

Patty Mills is not a point guard hes a spot up shooter. He tried to make him a back up point guard and his shot went to shit!

Danny Green is not a starter.The guy can't finish around the basket and gets nervous as hell when he has to dribble. How many games has he started and had zero points!

Same for Matt Bonner. How many games in the past did he start and have zero points!

The Spurs could easily have 7 or 8 rings if they had someone to hit an open shot.
    What the fukk are you talking about? Matt Bonner has 3 playoff starts in the last 7 years and 2 of them were in 2014 which was the year the Spurs demolished everybody. He's always been a fringe role player at best.

Duncan wasn't their best player in 2013. And that was a defensive possession where they were defending the 3, many coaches would've done the same thing, so even if he was their best player it's irrelevant. You act like Pop benched him with 5 minutes to go in a tie game.

Easy to start slating guys like Mills and Green now. They were key factors in the 2014 title and have generally been pretty productive players in the last few years even though Green had a down year this year. We can all agree the Spurs' supporting cast came up small in this series. But it doesn't make them bad players. You also seem to be contradicting yourself by criticising 2 spot up shooters, then going on to say the Spurs would have 7 or 8 rings if they had someone to hit an open shot. Pretty sure Green and Bonner both can.

Seto

That's not a pops problem, that is a media problem. I think you hate Pops because of the media, not because of who Pops is. Ever think of that?

But it's true. If SA won, Pops would be getting a ton of praise. But Pop can't control what the media says/writes.
    Agreed. The media can do that to people sometimes. I've started hating the Warriors the last few weeks cause I'm just so sick of all the slurping over them. But it's not their fault.

dmncnlou

Dude cut the fukkin jokes! The only reason Matt Bonner is in the Nba is because he's white and he appeases the fan base . i.e. a white American male. Matt Bonner shoudnt be starting any nba game let alone a playoff game.

And get the he'll out of here with that bullshit. Yes Miami needed a 3 and they were trying to defend the 3 point line but that's over phuckin coaching and that dumb ass strategy blew up in his face. Hes your best defender and rebounder dickhead. He should have been on the court. He phuckin lost the series for them.

Seto

Dude cut the fukkin jokes! The only reason Matt Bonner is in the Nba is because he's white and he appeases the fan base . i.e. a white American male. Matt Bonner shoudnt be starting any nba game let alone a playoff game.

And get the he'll out of here with that bullshit. Yes Miami needed a 3 and they were trying to defend the 3 point line but that's over phuckin coaching and that dumb ass strategy blew up in his face. Hes your best defender and rebounder dickhead. He should have been on the court. He phuckin lost the series for them.
    Erm, I don't know what games you've been watching but Matt Bonner hasn't played a single second in the playoffs this season. Which actually is pretty telling since none of the games with Memphis were close and even then he didn't play. He started 3 playoff games for the Spurs in the last 7 years, 1 in 2013 and 2 in 2014. Not one single point you made was even remotely valid, but at least try not to make them factually incorrect as well. What next, you're going to ask us why David Robinson played 30 minutes last night?

As one guy recently said, if Miami makes a 3 on the first attempt and Duncan is out there, everyone is saying "why did they have Duncan out there, he can't guard on the perimeter". Endless over-analysis of one play. Allen made a near-impossible shot, otherwise this discussion doesn't exist. Also seems pretty weird to single out that play as the play that "lost the series" when Leonard and Ginobili missed free throws that could've iced the games just a few seconds before. Typical SBR idiot.

dmncnlou

The bottom line is they lost the series because pop phucked up. They lost!

Matt Bonner took up a roster spot. He shouldnt have been in the league. He was in the league because he's white and he's a good teammate.

Seto

The bottom line is they lost the series because pop phucked up. They lost!

Matt Bonner took up a roster spot. He shouldnt have been in the league. He was in the league because he's white and he's a good teammate.
    So Leonard and Ginobili get a pass for missing free throws than could've clinched the game, but Pop doesn't for making a change that could've or could've not impacted that play?

So first he was a starter, and now he's just a guy taking up a roster spot. Gotcha. Because of course, on every other title team, the 15th guy was a crucial member of the team who contributed a major part in winning it all. Remember all those key Juwan Howard minutes in 2012? James Michael McAdoo was also such a huge part of the Warriors run last year man. What would they have done without him?

lakerboy

Bottom line is pops rested his starters almost every other game and they still lost. His strategy didn't work. He robbed fans of their money. Karma is a bitch.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

However, Popovich explained that while winning is nice, it's better to keep a bigger perspective.

"It’s easier to have a stable existence winning than losing, right? I talk to my good buddy [Philadelphia 76ers head coach] Brett Brown from time to time during the year. He’s the only human being I know on the face of the earth that can do what he’s done for these several years and still be, like, the most positive, teaching, upbeat guy I‘ve ever seen. He’s like an anomaly. I couldn’t do that. I would’ve already been a basket case and doing something else. But I think in general, winning makes everything — the grass looks greener, the sky’s blue more often when you win a game than lose a game.

"It’s important in this business to know that it’s just your job. If you can get that into your head, win or lose, I think your players kinda learn that they can move on, too. Whether it’s a turnover in a game or two losses in a row, whatever it might be, you just move on. Because it’s your job but really not the most important, meaningful —important’s important, you gotta buy the groceries — but it’s not the most meaningful thing in your life. Whatever you believe in, your friends, your family, your kids, all that stuff, is way more important. I don’t think you can be on your deathbed and say, 'Gosh, I wish we had not gotten knocked out in the second round in '74 or '89.' I don’t think that’s gonna happen. So, if that’s not gonna happen, screw it, find something else to do to be excited about."

http://www.businessinsider.com/gregg...ampaign=buffer

First 12