R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Disagree a bit Pool. I think Bron is that special guy and definitely has shown killer instincts. Let's not forget MJ was Bron before Phil and Scottie arrived. An alpha dog elite player with NOTHING around him much like Bron in Cleveland 1.0. Got the right built by early 90's along with a coach , system and vision it all came together. Bron has never had that cohesiveness not for long anyhow. Remember last season in Miami the always hurt old man Wade was a no show as was Bosh spice and why they lost the finals and why he left.

Bit of a weird nba nowadays Magic, Bird , MJ , Pistons, Spurs, and even Warriors now stuck it out and let happen more cohesive between on court mixed with good management. Starting with big 3 in Boston several years back and moving to Heatles this is where new modern league is heading. Guys don't want to build their brand cohesive and have a "team" it's the buddy up program. Let's meet somewhere and get rings era now yippee!

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

I guess technically you could say it started with Kobe/Lakers era. If Phil and Shaq do not come to him he might get a couple but certainly not 5!

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Times are just different. It used to be that you had a few TV channels and if you wanted to watch basketball it was going to be with your dad on the local team channel. I used to watch Bob Cousy and Tommy Heinsohn call Celts games. That was some beautiful no-frills productions. Later on there was MSG for all Ewing and Knicks and TBS had all of Nique and Hawks games. That was a big deal.

Then ESPN came around and started showing us other teams. I was a huge fan of Tim Hardaway. (I think its because I knew I could never dunk like MJ but didnt know yet that I couldnt dribble either.)

Anyways, kids now, have every game on their ipads and league pass on TV. Plus families are less and less from the same place. They are identifying with players instead of teams IMO.

Oh and dont get me stawted on all da got dam trades. Back in my day... every Laker was a Laker, Celt a Celt, and Bull a Bull and we thought they fought each other in their spare time. Everyone moves around in their prime now.

First 12