Lint Pockets
    Lint Pockets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

What Do You Think?

I am an online poker player and just recently started sports betting. I am totally new to sports betting so i am still trying to get it down right. I had some picks lined up for tonight and was just wondering what everyone thinks of them, i was going to do a 5 team parlay and my picks were going to be ORLANDO +1½, MIAMI -7, PORTLAND +2, CLEVELAND -7½,CHICAGO +6... do you think this is a good choice because i just got into sports betting like i said and have no clue.

2PLAYSMAX
    2PLAYSMAX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 631

Parlays will kill you more than often. If you play parlays I recommend doing them as side bets for fun the majority of the time. Every now and then you can do well with 2 team parlays, but when you start talking 3-4-5-6 it's usually giving away money.

bol

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

When I do parlays, they are normally MoneyLine, or Teasers, where I get 5-10 points. Unless the numbers are +-4 or lower I'll do a parlay.

Good Luck though.

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I parlay M.L as well...Grab a for sure win for NBA, NHL, NCAABB and form a nice little multiple sport M.L parlay...I do not do these daily though but from time to time splurge

shawnjohn5
    Always looking for a local!
    shawnjohn5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Parlay's are not usually a good way to go, however, I have done 3 team round robins before where I was very confident 2 out of the 3 teams would win. If I happen to hit all 3 teams I made a killing. Your best bet, would be to pick whichever total or spread you like best go at least 2-3 units and then possibly throw in a .5 unit 2 team parlay. Other than that away from parlay's. it really sucks going 4 out of 5 on your games and LOSING MONEY!!!

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

bet on singles . sides or totals .

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Agreed

Lint Pockets
    Lint Pockets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

well thanks for everyones input i appreciate it. i do parlays only because it pays out big and obviously thats gonna attract anyone that gambles lol. i will take the advice here though and if i do them only stick with a 2 team parlay to start and see where it goes from there.