Betpoints: 3374

They were last night, but the season says otherwise

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    they were playing a system that did not fit the team... slow.. bog it down
    works better with huge teams that are older

Cavs are young and fast team.. Tyronn has the right thing going now, it appears.
    Uptempo, over 100 possessions works better, more penetration, opposing D
    has difficulty adjusting

uptempo Cavs are a superior team to these Spurs. Period.

Duncan's 25 min. can't shut down this bunch.

rpesi9955
    rpesi9955's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1441

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    An equally big lock is for the Warriors to bitch slap the panzy ass Cavs and LeBron in the Finals again,,just like a few days back when the Cavs were embarrassed in their own building.

Doesn't really matter if the Cavs are better than the Spurs because they still aren't going to win a championship
    Now this is a man with A lot of sense.

louielouie
    louielouie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

cavs are best team in the nba - period - cake walk to finals victory - deal

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    they were last night.. and even pro-Spur local media agree that the Cavs are just plain better

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/s...03-6796198.php

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by jizay View Post
    That was Cavs without Love and Irving also missing some serious playing time. It still didn't feel like there was much doubt who was advancing. Maybe the new coach will make a difference for Chicago, but they never seem to have it come playoff time and Lebron has absolutely tortured them.
    There wasn't much doubt who was advancing when the Bulls were up 2-1 and up 11 with 13 minutes left in game 4? Whatever you say guy.

Irving didn't miss any time in that series, although he was very hampered in games 3 and 4. He went off in game 5 though.

Well documented on this site I don't think much of Kevin Love. Thompson had a breakout series (and went on to keep it up for the rest of the playoffs) against the Bulls and that likely doesn't happen if Love plays.

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    There wasn't much doubt who was advancing when the Bulls were up 2-1 and up 11 with 13 minutes left in game 4? Whatever you say guy.

Irving didn't miss any time in that series, although he was very hampered in games 3 and 4. He went off in game 5 though.

Well documented on this site I don't think much of Kevin Love. Thompson had a breakout series (and went on to keep it up for the rest of the playoffs) against the Bulls and that likely doesn't happen if Love plays.
    Well, Chicago never lead in the last 9 minutes of game 4, and got outclassed in games 5 and 6. They made a good showing early, but when Cleveland turned it up they had absolutely no answer. I didn't see any doubt about who was a better team. You're right that Irving didn't miss time - I remember him hampered and he only played 12 minutes in game 6, but the Cavs won by 20 so he didn't need to come back in.

Maybe they wouldn't have figured out Thompson's role, but they did. We're talking about whether the Bulls can challenge this year. Mozgov has been relegated now and Thompson is getting his run even with Love in the game. Love doesn't seem to be interfering with Thompson's development. Bulls have almost no shot to beat a healthy Cavs team.

Seto

Well, Chicago never lead in the last 9 minutes of game 4, and got outclassed in games 5 and 6. They made a good showing early, but when Cleveland turned it up they had absolutely no answer. I didn't see any doubt about who was a better team. You're right that Irving didn't miss time - I remember him hampered and he only played 12 minutes in game 6, but the Cavs won by 20 so he didn't need to come back in.

Maybe they wouldn't have figured out Thompson's role, but they did. We're talking about whether the Bulls can challenge this year. Mozgov has been relegated now and Thompson is getting his run even with Love in the game. Love doesn't seem to be interfering with Thompson's development. Bulls have almost no shot to beat a healthy Cavs team.
    You're the one who questioned last year so I had to point out I disagreed. You could argue that from the moment game 4 was over the series had shifted for good and there was only going to be one winner (although I'd disagree there too, Butler missed a wide open 3 that would've given the Bulls the lead with 30 seconds left in game 5). But the Bulls flat out choked in game 4. No other way to put it. They had the series in their hands. Maybe we'll just have to agree to disagree there. Let's not forget since we're talking injuries they didn't have Pau in games 4 and 5.

Anyway, coming back to this year, is this exclusive to Chicago or do you think nobody can challenge the Cavs in the East? Most people think that and it's cool. They are certainly favourites for a reason. But there are a couple of teams (maybe 3 with Toronto) that I think can give them a series. And if they do make the finals again - I'd be shocked if they beat whoever comes out of the West.
    Last edited by Seto; 01-31-16 at 05:17 PM.

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Anyway, coming back to this year, is this exclusive to Chicago or do you think nobody can challenge the Cavs in the East? Most people think that and it's cool. They are certainly favourites for a reason. But there are a couple of teams (maybe 3 with Toronto) that I think can give them a series. And if they do make the finals again - I'd be shocked if they beat whoever comes out of the West.
    If they're healthy, they'll be as big a favorite to come out of a conference as can be. I don't think Chicago has improved. Miami right now is nowhere near where they need to be, but maybe they'll come together. Doubt it. Toronto is interesting as they've been on fire, but they had a great run early last year, too, and then disappointed in the playoffs. I don't think anyone can challenge the Cavs, though we're pretty far out to know that for sure.

louielouie

-270 for one of the surest bets of my entire life and still this forum wants to fade it -- THIS IS HOW VEGAS MAKES MONEY -- losers who can't see the writing on the wall -- here is the graffitti

CAVS 2016 NBA CHAMPIONS
    CAVS 2017 NBA CHAMPIONS
    CAVS 2018 NBA CHAMPIONS

the LeBron retires and the cavs lose a year then win again -- sorry but this is what will happen losers

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32811

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie View Post
    cavs are best team in the nba - period - cake walk to finals victory - deal
    You're an idiot.

Seto

If they're healthy, they'll be as big a favorite to come out of a conference as can be. I don't think Chicago has improved. Miami right now is nowhere near where they need to be, but maybe they'll come together. Doubt it. Toronto is interesting as they've been on fire, but they had a great run early last year, too, and then disappointed in the playoffs. I don't think anyone can challenge the Cavs, though we're pretty far out to know that for sure.
    Even bigger than Miami in 2013 and 2014? Those were the real locks. If you want to talk about a team never losing control of the series despite it being "close" in appearance - look at Pacers/Heat in 2013. Every time the Pacers tied the series the Heat came back and obliterated them in the next game. Those Miami teams were much better than this Cavs team and playing in a much weaker Eastern Conference.

stevenash

Even bigger than Miami in 2013 and 2014? Those were the real locks. If you want to talk about a team never losing control of the series despite it being "close" in appearance - look at Pacers/Heat in 2013. Every time the Pacers tied the series the Heat came back and obliterated them in the next game. Those Miami teams were much better than this Cavs team and playing in a much weaker Eastern Conference.
    Heat dismantled Hawks last night, Whiteside coming back this week, Deng scored double digits yet again, Bosh is Bosh and Wade is Wade, and Dragic's numbers are up, he just has to cut down on the turnovers.
    Stoudamire thinks he's 24 years old again, another very nice nigh for him.

Miami has the best defensive team in the East and one more time I'll say it, don't sleep on the Heat.
    And I really am not a fan.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Heat dismantled Hawks last night, Whiteside coming back this week, Deng scored double digits yet again, Bosh is Bosh and Wade is Wade, and Dragic's numbers are up, he just has to cut down on the turnovers.

Miami has the best defensive team in the East and one more time I'll say it, don't sleep on the Heat.
    lol.. you DO understand that if LeBron was on the Heat, that he would be the best player.

that player in on the Cavs now. are you suggesting that the Heat are on the same level
    as the Cavs, they are not equivalent. 5 Game series if they meet.

they are 5-5 last 10, No 4 seed

louielouie

only team that could even make a 6game series in the east is raptors but they suck in the playoffs - dont be surprised if cavs fully sweep the playoffs

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post

Amare was pretty productive when he was on the floor last year for Dallas. The question is will he have it in April? He's still capable of an acceptable production in 15 minutes or so.

The Heat do have some things going for them for sure. I'm not completely writing them off. But I'd be surprised. I have them as the 4th best team in the East (possibly 5th, I can't rank the Raptors yet). Let's revisit this in April. A lot will depend on the matchups too.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie View Post
    only team that could even make a 6game series in the east is raptors but they suck in the playoffs - dont be surprised if cavs fully sweep the playoffs
    Why so unambitious? How about sweeping the playoffs winning every game by 20 or more. Nah, let's make that 25.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    lol.. you DO understand that if LeBron was on the Heat, that he would be the best player.

that player in on the Cavs now. are you suggesting that the Heat are on the same level
    as the Cavs, they are not equivalent. 5 Game series if they meet.

they are 5-5 last 10, No 4 seed
    5 and 5 without a top 5 center.
    Yes, James would be the best player on any team in the league that wasn't named the Warriors or Thunder.
    But James will never win another ring again, ever.

Put down your glass of Cav kool-ade and think level headed.
    I know you can do that, I've read some your work, you are not dumb or stupid.
    You actually got game when it pertains to matters that does not involve teams you are passionate about.
    You are loyal to the Cavs, I get that, I respect loyalty, I am loyal person myself, I place a premium on loyalty, however loyalty sometimes clouds one's judgement.

Like I said, I get loyalty, like you I am not dumb or stupid either, actually I am quite smart, just ask me, I'll tell you.
    I also can be abrasive, and somewhat arrogant, but knowing it is half the battle, we're working in that however.

I have favorite baseball teams, and Giants in NFL, but no favorite NBA team, I watch with no rooting interest, I'm pulling for the Knicks to get it together, but still not a favorite, I watch the NBA with a very level head.

In any sport, I just be more specific, any team sport defense wins.
    Just that simple. Look at the all time great NFL teams, 1985 Bears, 1986 Giants, defense wins.
    Oh sure there are exceptions, but even Montana's 49'ers had a solid defense, the great Cowboy teams had solid defenses, 1984 Detroit Tigers, the Big Red Machine teams......

Heat play outstanding defense, they should not be discounted as a team that has a realistic chance of knocking them off
    Dragic > Chalmers (who they got rid of) Wade and Bosh are going to the Hall of Fame, and Whiteside is a top 5 or 6 center in the game.
    Heat have a good bench.

Raptors play good defense, they should croak Denver out there tonight, Denver plays crap defense, not sure I want to give them six though, tricky playing in the mountain air.
    Toronto has two outstanding guards in DeRozen and Lowry and a center that's a force.
    Don't discount them either.

Spurs who you just beat at home, have a very legit chance of beating them in playoffs.
    OKC would be a favorite to knock off the Cavs in playoffs.
    Clips with a healthy Griffin can easily knock off the Cavs, Paul is an elite PG, and you see Jordan in the middle, guy is also playing elite center.

Warriors would be a -170 favorite to knock off the Cavs again.
    Did you learn your lesson last season?
    Draymond Green a year more mature now makes the GSW that much better, guy is setting triple/double records for the love of God.
    Bogut is better than anything you got it the middle, Curry might be the best their ever was, and Klay can't miss.
    Come on man, Cavs are out classed at the point, Cavs have no real shooting guard, going to war with JR Smith is risky business, Cavs are deplorable at center. Bench is OK with Sumpert and sparky the backup point guard, but nothing great.
    Cavs are a flawed team.
    They have a superstar shooting forward, and good power forward and a good point guard.
    That's it. That's 60 percent of a team, center is non existent, and the SG is hit or miss.

Look at it level headed, when Irving/Love/James are doing what they are supposed to do, and the bench is contributing, than the Cavs are a very tough out, but if Love is off, and Irving is having an ordinary game, Cavs can be exposed.

I would say 7 times out of 10, maybe 8, if James is off his game in a playoff tilt, Cavs will lose.

Curry was off his game last night, looked bad, GSW still won going away, Cavs can not win going away like the Warriors did last night if James is off. Love and Irving and the role players can't carry the load like Thompson and Green and the rest can.
    Green can dish, score and rebound, he can pick up any slack.
    Did you hear that stat last night, there have been 14 games this season that Curry has not even played the 4th quarter.
    Is anybody with a straight face that knows sports think any team out of the east can beat that team???

COME ON MAN !

I have no hate on the Cavs, I like Kevin Love, and Larry Bird and LeBron James are the two smartest basketball players that ever lived.
    Only team I ever hated on was the Bad Boy Rodman/Isaah/Lambier Pistons.

Cavs have an interesting game tonight, in Indy.
    Booby trap game, Cavs left it all on the floor the other night, could be a let down game.
    Indy should be up for that, George and James is a good match up, Hill and Irving is a good match up.
    I can see Love going off tonight, George plays good defense, I can see James in the assist man role tonight and feed Love or any other shooter on the court, I can James assuming that kind of role, I've been paying attention to that teenager Myles Turner, he's going to be a rock solid NBA start, but Love you exploit him tonight, James knows this, JR Smith doesn't match up well with Monta Ellis, George Hill is a mediocre point guard but won't embarrass himself or his team.

Game should be a good one, the mismatches are Ellis on JR Smth, and Kevin Love on Turner.
    Don't lay the six.

First 12