KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Can someone explain Celtics lines?

Boston was favored by 2 in Dallas the other night.

Raptors were only favored by 3 at home against them today.

Do books know that they are a really average team, because according to tonight's line they are about equal to Toronto on a neutral court.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

They are +2.9 in point differential which is good, it is mostly coaching though they have college players. Toronto does not have Carroll healthy.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    They are +2.9 in point differential which is good, it is mostly coaching though they have college players. Toronto does not have Carroll healthy.
    But they've been without Carroll almost all year and are the second best team in the east and your trying to tell me they're equal? And are they really about 5 points better than Dallas on a neutral court?

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16154

They were favs in Dallas because the mavs were on a b2b.

In tonight's matchup both teams are good on the road so the home court advantage is reduced a bit.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    They were favs in Dallas because the mavs were on a b2b.

In tonight's matchup both teams are good on the road so the home court advantage is reduced a bit.
    Ok I get the b2b but still, b2b is usually 1 point. And to be honest, mavs starters barely played the night before because it was a blowout. No one played more than 30 minutes.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

They've had inflated lines all season as we know. Books have them as a good team that might win about 45. Some Celtics fans thought they'd win 50 before the season.

I would be pretty surprised if they made the playoffs. Guess we'll see who's right.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    They've had inflated lines all season as we know. Books have them as a good team that might win about 45. Some Celtics fans thought they'd win 50 before the season.

I would be pretty surprised if they made the playoffs. Guess we'll see who's right.
    Yeah I know, they are overinflated. But i expect that from hot teams that get backed a lot like cavs, warrriors and thunder. I've never seen such a mediocre team get such lines overinflated lines. The line probably should have been around how much they lost to Dallas and Toronto (+5 and +6). Just go down the list of all their games, all overinflated.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16154

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Yeah I know, they are overinflated. But i expect that from hot teams that get backed a lot like cavs, warrriors and thunder. I've never seen such a mediocre team get such lines overinflated lines. The line probably should have been around how much they lost to Dallas and Toronto (+5 and +6). Just go down the list of all their games, all overinflated.
    How can you say the lines were wrong? They took the mavs to OT as 2pt favs -so a mere 2pts off the regulation score. In Toronto (3pt dogs) it was a 1pt game before Ross hit that three in crunch time.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post
    Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post

How can you say the lines were wrong? They took the mavs to OT as 2pt favs -so a mere 2pts off the regulation score. In Toronto (3pt dogs) it was a 1pt game before Ross hit that three in crunch time.
    Obviously books aren't that off on them because they are pretty split as far as ATS goes. Sure they could have covered either, but they didn't.