KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

ESPN's All-Time NBA Rankings By Position

Still waiting on there center rankings, but they have released all of the other positions. Old fellas get in here. Just off quick glance, the PG list seems all kinds of messed up. What has Cp3 done in his career to be ahead of someone like JKidd or Walt Frazier? Curry too high, if he were to fall of a cliff and die tomorrow he wouldn't be considered a top 10 PG. Is Gasol really already a top 10 PF? Anyone care to guess Center before they come out tomorrow? Probably the most loaded position...obviously will have Chamberlin, Kareem, and Russell (which order, i don't know, but they will be top 3). After that I'd guess Shaq, Hakeem, Willis Reed, David Robinson and Walton....not sure who else.

What do you guys think? Who is too low, who is too high? Who should have made it, who shouldn't have made it? Being born in the 80's I can't really speak for the older guys.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...nt-guards-ever
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...ng-guards-ever
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...-forwards-ever
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...ds-nba-history

PG's:
    1. Magic
    2. Big O
    3. Stockton
    4. Steph Curry ????
    5. Isiah Thomas
    6. CP3 ????
    7. Steve Nash
    8. Jason Kidd
    9. Walt Fraizer
    10. Bob Cousy

SG's:
    1. MJ
    2. Kobe
    3. Jerry West
    4. DWade
    5. Clyde Drexler
    6. Iverson
    7. George Gervin
    8. Ray Allen
    9. Reggie Miller
    10. Earl Monroe

SF's:
    1. LeBron
    2. Bird
    3. Dr. J
    4. Durant
    5. Elgin Baylor
    6. Pippen
    7. Havlicek
    8. Rick Barry
    9. James Worthy
    10. Dominique Wilkins

PF's:
    1. Tim Duncan
    2. Karl Malone
    3. Dirk Nowitzki
    4. Barkley
    5. Garnett
    6. McHale
    7. Bob Pettit
    8. Elvin Hayes
    9. Pau Gasol
    10. Rodman

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

These lists are bad. Dirk, Rodman, MIller are way too high. How is Stephen Curry higher than Russell Westbrook when he has only played better than him for 35 games and Westbrook was better the other 500 games of their careers?

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

Agree with rm18

Curry at 4 is laughable at this point

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    These lists are bad. Dirk, Rodman, MIller are way too high. How is Stephen Curry higher than Russell Westbrook when he has only played better than him for 35 games and Westbrook was better the other 500 games of their careers?
    It's easy to look at a new-age player and say they shouldn't be that high, but I think Dirk deserves to be where he is. He's won an NBA championship, MVP, finals MVP, and he's #6 in all time scoring. Barkley was great, but never won a championship. KG was better than Dirk when comparing their prime years, but KG fell off much earlier in his career.

KRIT

PG's I would add Tony Parker and Gary Payton, subtract CP3 and Steph.

Ray Allen and Reggie Miller could probably be taken off. You could take your choice who to add.

SF I think Paul Pierce probably deserves to be on there. Already near top 10 in all time scoring and he has the hardware. I'd probably take James Worthy off it. He piggy backed on some great Laker teams.

I'll lose my shit if Dwight Howard makes the list tomorrow

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

I think Ray Allen deserves to be on there. In his prime he was a 25 ppg scorer. One of the top 3 shooters of all time probably.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

How is Chris Paul ahead of Jason Kidd? What a fukking joke.

rm18
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    It's easy to look at a new-age player and say they shouldn't be that high, but I think Dirk deserves to be where he is. He's won an NBA championship, MVP, finals MVP, and he's #6 in all time scoring. Barkley was great, but never won a championship. KG was better than Dirk when comparing their prime years, but KG fell off much earlier in his career.
    not really kg came into the league 3 yrs earlier so he did not fall off earlier

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

Chris Paul overrated as always
    Points Awarded:

Seto gave oldscho0led 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

Durant that high, lol

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    PG's I would add Tony Parker and Gary Payton, subtract CP3 and Steph.

Ray Allen and Reggie Miller could probably be taken off. You could take your choice who to add.

SF I think Paul Pierce probably deserves to be on there. Already near top 10 in all time scoring and he has the hardware. I'd probably take James Worthy off it. He piggy backed on some great Laker teams.

I'll lose my shit if Dwight Howard makes the list tomorrow

I agree with most of your opinions, especially if DH sniffs the list.

I started this type of thread a day before you, and Dirk being ahead of Barkley, KG, or McHale is ludicrous to me.
    He deserves to be top 10 though.

Centers off the top of my head:
    Wilt, Russ, Dream, Shaq, Kareem, Walton, Lanier, Thurmond, Ewing,Moses, Chief, Willis Reed, Mourning, Cowens,Robinson, Gilmore....
    Ok, some of these dudes are stretching it, but Dewey has no right to be on any all-time list with the exception of underachiever
    next to Ralph Sampson.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8418

Kidd easily over CP3, Curry too high for only 1.5 seasons of top tier ball. Maybe if he continues this roll for another 2-3 yrs we can put him top 5, but at this point no way. Dirk deserves to be ahead if Chuck imo.
    Centers would be tough, my top 5 would probably be Wilt, Dream, Shaq, Kareem, Robinson/Russell either way.

Killer2121
    Killer2121's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2099

Curry and Durant are way too high. Chris Paul is just laughable

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13329

Looks legit. Curry 4 is respectable.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Point Guards - List is a joke after the top 3!

Shooting Guards - Looks pretty good, but surely Reggie deserves to be higher? Also Clide "the Glide" surely better than D-Wade. That guy was a beast on offence & defence & the only player in the league who could challenge MJ consistently.

Small Forwards - Pippen way too low! At one point he led the Bulls in points, rebounds, assists, blocks & steals. One of only two players in the history of the league to ever do that. One of the greatest defensive players ever. He is a HUGE part of the reason MJ is considered the greatest player ever. Durant shouldn't even be on the list (yet).

Power Forwards - List looks decent, however I would have both Barkley & Garnett above Dirker. Not sure Pau should be on the list at all?

Centres

1. Abdul-Jabar
    2. Chamberlain
    3. Shaq
    4. Russell
    5. Olajuwon
    6. The Admiral
    7. Moses
    8. Ewing
    9. Mikan ??
    10. Walton ??

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

All just arbitrary banter to help give talking heads at the mothership something to help fill the 24/7 rotation it means squat.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

If they ever get bored with this they can move on like who's in top 10 all time for prettiest free throw shot on and on

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    Point Guards - List is a joke after the top 3!

Shooting Guards - Looks pretty good, but surely Reggie deserves to be higher? Also Clide "the Glide" surely better than D-Wade. That guy was a beast on offence & defence & the only player in the league who could challenge MJ consistently.

Small Forwards - Pippen way too low! At one point he led the Bulls in points, rebounds, assists, blocks & steals. One of only two players in the history of the league to ever do that. One of the greatest defensive players ever. He is a HUGE part of the reason MJ is considered the greatest player ever. Durant shouldn't even be on the list (yet).

Power Forwards - List looks decent, however I would have both Barkley & Garnett above Dirker. Not sure Pau should be on the list at all?

Centres

1. Abdul-Jabar
    2. Chamberlain
    3. Shaq
    4. Russell
    5. Olajuwon
    6. The Admiral
    7. Moses
    8. Ewing
    9. Mikan ??
    10. Walton ??
    I think you have the correct 10 centers, but order will be mixed up. I think it will either be Ewing or Reed. Reed had more success but Ewing was the better player. Most everyone agrees Russell, Kareem and Wilt are the top 3, but there is no consensus on which order. I've heard some say Shaq deserves top 3. Maybe with more time people will be more willing to put him there.

A lot of disagreement here on Dirk. I think he belongs where he is. He won a ring, Barkley never did. KG chased rings in Boston. Pretty amazing he is already #6 in all time scoring, he will have a chance to pass Wilt on that list if he can be effective for 3 more years. Pau surprised me too. He's got hardware and has been productive his entire career, might be the case where we doubt a current player but he belongs.

Current players who will eventually make the list (that aren't already on it): Anthony Davis, Russell Westbrook, Paul Pierce, Blake Griffin?, Paul George?, Klay Thompson? Klay is basically Reggie Miller, but he could have a ton of rings by the time he retires. Paul George could sneak in at the back end of that list depending on how he finishes his career. I hate to say Blake, but he will probably get on there, especially if Clipps can win it all. I'm hesitant to say Harden, I just doubt he ever wins much.
    Last edited by KRIT; 01-18-16 at 03:10 PM.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13329

how does the curry taste now?

rm18
    Update your status

Westbrook has had like 3 triple doubles since this thread started like I said it makes no sense to put Curry over him

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Lol Payton has to make the list man

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Just saw centers 10-6

Walton, Mikan, Ewing, Robinson, Moses.

That puts an end to Howard sniffing the list.

KRIT

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...rs-nba-history

1. Kareem
    2. Wilt
    3. Russell
    4. Shaq
    5. Hakeem
    6. Moses
    7. David Robinson
    8. Ewing
    9. Mikan
    10. Walton

No argument here. Most loaded position? Position is dying, don't see any current NBA centers breaking this list except possibly Anthony Davis (if you consider him a C).