000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1356

NBA Los Angeles Clippers - Charlotte Hornets

NBA Los Angeles Clippers - Charlotte Hornets

Recommendation: Clippers - 6.5

Odds: 1.877

Bookmaker: Pinnaclesports / Sportmarket

You’ll hardly find a better example for two teams going in opposing directions.

Clippers are red-hot, riding 7-game winning streak, and most impressive of all, without their leading scorer Blake Griffin. It’s true they haven’t played any of the NBA power-houses, yet most of these wins came quite easy and comfortably, with a few starters on the bench in the waning trash minutes. They’ve won in Charlotte during this streak, 122-117.

Hornets lost 5 in a row and are quite pathetic honestly. They just broke on the defensive end. Well, their excuse is the continuing injury crisis. They lack a player or two almost in every game. Big Al Jefferson is oit until mid Feb somewhere, and Nic Batum is questionable for tonight. Zeller will try to fill up the slack in the center tonight but I can only wish him luck against the monster that is DeAndre.

Redick has helped significantly in carrying the offensive load for the Clipps, Chris Paul is as smooth as ever distributing the ball, and Charlotte should do a small wonder to escape defeat tonight, most probably a double digit one

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16160

Nice write up. Batum is OUT. Clippers are 9pt favs. Looks like a total mis-match.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

The Clips can be prone to sleepwalking against bad teams. Like OKC did last night @Lakers.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Bobcats cover with ease.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13170

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    Bobcats cover with ease.
    Yes Lee, they might cover with the line, but I think Clippers win this one. And, you know how much I like the Clippers. LOL. BOL today my friend.

mikeak
    mikeak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1339

Got them at -7.5 so we shall see

IBetYou

Looks like they'll cover a 20pt spread here

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Looks like they'll cover a 20pt spread here
    Funny statement after the 1Q. With the sourpus Austin Rivers getting big minutes, it should stay a close game.

IBetYou

Well that's the way it looked at the time I posted. Now it doesn't look that way and you post to say otherwise. Irony anyone?

IBetYou

Clippers are capable of blowing them away in the 4th regardless of the HT score.

mikeak

I was happy to see Hornets take the lead in the half. That is why clippers came out hot.

Clippers with a big lead scares me more from a spread standpoint. This is good right here

mikeak

Boom. Start the day with a W

Hope everyone followed. I was going to go with regardless but the OP didn't hurt my thinking