Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13197

You can't say Draymond is overrated when hes constantly improving. He got skinnier (faster) and his assist avg went from 2.x last year to 4.7+ this year.. he also guards 1-5 (even tho theres no real bigs). If you thought he was good last year hes WAY better this year and hes only like 24... Klay is also 24 Curry is 27 almost 28. You cant say they are overrated when they are young and still improving but at the same time BALLING! I'm just saying we haven't seen peak Klay or Draymond to call it how it is.

DUBnation
    DUBnation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6413

Also as you said, with the way teams guard Steph, open looks are pretty easy to come by when he's on the floor. What impresses me the most about Draymond is that he can have a huge impact without taking a lot of shots, and has a very high basketball IQ. He'll probably be a coach when he retires. Probably sets the best screens in the NBA too.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    You can't say Draymond is overrated when hes constantly improving. He got skinnier (faster) and his assist avg went from 2.x last year to 4.7+ this year.. he also guards 1-5 (even tho theres no real bigs). If you thought he was good last year hes WAY better this year and hes only like 24... Klay is also 24 Curry is 27 almost 28. You cant say they are overrated when they are young and still improving but at the same time BALLING! I'm just saying we haven't seen peak Klay or Draymond to call it how it is.
    What's the relation between being overrated/underrated and improving or not?

You're misusing the word. For example if someone is pictured as being total trash but is actually an average player, he can be considered underrated. If someone is a very good player but is considered an MVP-caliber player, they can be considered overrated.

Underrated/overrated doesn't mean you're good or bad.

DUBnation

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Glad to see someone capable of having a discussion about one of their teams' players without getting offended or taking it personal

I'm here to discuss, not argue and it's clear you are too.
    Points Awarded:

Seto gave DUBnation 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DUBnation

Quote Originally Posted by seto View Post
    if someone is a very good player but is considered an mvp-caliber player, they can be considered overrated.
    cough cough james harden

DUBnation

But I think another factor in the under/overrated thing is how your team is doing. For example, a glance at Aldridge's numbers indicate that he's having the worst statistical year since he was a rookie, but when you factor that he's playing an important role on a dominant team those numbers become more meaningful.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13197

Ill throw out a name how about Brook Lopez? Thunder wanted him but settled for Canter instead. He puts up monster fantasy stats but his team rarely wins.

DUBnation

Draymond bout to drop his 3rd triple double in a row if this doesn't turn into a blowout

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Exactly. One of the most mis-used word by sports fans.

Currently most overrated to me: Draymond Green. He's really good, but people have been acting like he's the best PF in the league lately which is crazy to me.
    Im starting to think you hate the Warriors as much as Louie. Green just had his third triple double in a row. He is certainly not over-rated & you must have rocks in your head mate, if you truly believe the Warriors would throw max $$$ at Durant when Green is a far more complete player on only 2.7M this season. They don't need Durants 26 ppg when they have Klay & Curry in the back court.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

But now I don't think he's relevant anymore to most people.
    GM LeBron sure thinks he is.. to the tune of $110M

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Larry Johnson and John Starks

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Green is good, he's the ultimate role player. He's like Dennis Rodman with a jumper and better passing. But he can't really single handedly take over a game in the playoffs. He can contribute everywhere, but Draymond can't drop 40 and put an offense on his back if his team is banged up or struggling to score. So comparing him to Durant or any other star that does those things is not right.

Goat Milk

Overrated:

James Harden
    Bradley Beal
    Klay Thompson
    Deandre Jordan
    Eric Bledsoe
    Oladipo
    Dion Waiters. Wasn't he a top 5 pick? He blows

Underrated

Vucevic. Best offensive center in the NBA after Cousins.
    Dwayne Wade (ESPN ranked him as 40th best player in NBA? I can't name 15 players better than Wade right now. Best player on the 2nd best team in the East).
    Derrick Favors. Beast.
    Carmello Anthony. Seems like a different player this year. His IQ has improved. These next 3 years may be some of his best years of his career imo.
    Paul Millsap. Just as good as draymond green. Better offensively for sure.
    Kent Bazemore
    David Lee. Why doesn't this guy play? I don't get it. He's not great defensively but he has some great low post moves. Great passer and rebounder too.
    Jimmy Butler....top 11 player in the NBA
    Kawai Leonard.....top 7 player in the NBA
    Gallinari.....6'10 with a handle and a nice pullup
    John Wall. Best pure pg in the NBA imo after Chris Paul. Stuck with a horrible team.
    Manu Ginobli. This guy can play 20 minutes and get 13 points 5 rebounds and 8 assists. Even at his age, he is a great player that dominates all these young kids on the court.
    Kelly Olynik. Very good offensively. Versatile.
    Pau Gasol. Still the best offensive pf in the NBA probably after Aldridge.
    Brandon Jennings. Just now entering his prime imo and he's been in the league for awhile. Best days are ahead of him. Someone should trade for him. He's probably a better player than Reggie Jackson right now at this point in their careers.
    Will Barton. High flyer. One of the most athletic players in the NBA, no doubt.

Worst starting big man in NBA: Roy Hibbert. Guy is 7 foot 4, tallest player in NBA, and averages 6.8 rebounds per game for his career. Joke.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16005

W.Barton -good call. MIP 2016. Gonna get paid big time when he's due.

Goat Milk

A couple other underrated guys

Ish Smith. Really good penetrating pg. A strong handle and good first step.
    TJ Warren.
    DJ Augustine.... Not playing on the right team at all.
    Bobby Portis. Look out for this guy in the next few years.
    Thad Young
    Dennis Shroeder. Needs to put on a few pounds and be a starting pg.

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

- James Harden
    - Kristaps Porzingis (ESPN wankfest only dies down when he has a few quiet games, and only focusses on the garbage blocks or shots)
    - DeAndre Jordan
    - CJ McCollum (unpopular decision but IMO he's a Jason Terry 2.0) Won't fix Portland's defensive issues
    - Jr Smith

If I had to pick an underrated I'd say Jared Sullinger, big fan of his game and his no nonsense play. Does a great job defensively and off the boards and runs the bench well.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Otto Von Bismarck Biyombo

NBA Maniac
    NBA Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 116

Quote Originally Posted by DUBnation View Post
    Easy. James Harden. Empty stats on a losing team.

This !!

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

This turned into a good thread.
    Nice work fellas.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7333

James. Like usual.

DUBnation

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Green is good, he's the ultimate role player. He's like Dennis Rodman with a jumper and better passing. But he can't really single handedly take over a game in the playoffs. He can contribute everywhere, but Draymond can't drop 40 and put an offense on his back if his team is banged up or struggling to score. So comparing him to Durant or any other star that does those things is not right.
    True but he is getting much better at scoring, while his passing and the fact that he is surrounded by shooters (especially when they go small with Draymond at the 5) make him dangerous on offense. When's the last time a forward not named Lebron averaged 7+ assists/game?

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6111

Dirk the Dallas player he was decent player a few years ago not. now

DUBnation

I think that's a little different, he's on his way out and while his shot and size have allowed him to stay somewhat relevant for longer than expected I don't think anyone rates him too highly these days

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

cough cough james harden
    You mad bro?

DUBnation

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    You mad bro?
    lol yeah super jealous of Harden and his accolades

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

(My opinion)

Overrated

Jrue Holiday!
    MCW!

Iman Shumpert
    Kelly Olynyk
    Chandler Parsons
    Spencer Hawes

Kevin Love??
    Harrison Barnes??

& pretty much every single forward & centre on the Wizards list...

Underrated

Isaiah Thomas!!
    Jimmy Butler!!

John Wall!
    Jared Sullinger!

Paul Milsap
    Kenneth Farried
    Evan Fournier
    Jordan Hill

Greg Monroe?
    Gordon Hayward?

DUBnation

Milsap and Isaiah definitely underrated

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Hayward is pretty underrated, he should be traded to a better team.

DUBnation

I thought he was gonna take a big step forward this year, but he hasn't really gotten better

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

lol yeah super jealous of Harden and his accolades
    You definitely seem like it..you mention him almost every post.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Sledge you're a Houston homer, quit being delusional and come to a realization that Harden is trash.

DUBnation

LOL is that so? This thread is about the most overrated player, and that is him. You should expect to see his name here.
    Last edited by DUBnation; 01-06-16 at 01:32 PM.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    Im starting to think you hate the Warriors as much as Louie. Green just had his third triple double in a row. He is certainly not over-rated & you must have rocks in your head mate, if you truly believe the Warriors would throw max $$$ at Durant when Green is a far more complete player on only 2.7M this season. They don't need Durants 26 ppg when they have Klay & Curry in the back court.
    I think you're the one who has rocks in his head and is unable to read posts properly.

First of all, I don't know what NBA you are watching, but I'm watching the one where Kevin Durant is a small forward 90% of the time, except in smallball lineups. The name of the guy playing small forward on the Warriors is Harrison Barnes not Draymond Green. And in the Warriors smallball lineup Harrison Barnes is the 4, so you're making the wrong comparison entirely here. Would you rather throw 20 mill at Durant or 15 mill on Harrison Barnes? I think I know the answer to that question. The reports out there that the Warriors are going hard after Durant are there for a reason.

And then you go for the classic dumbass SBR thing of "oh you're making comments against such player or such team so must be a homer or a hater". I think I've been called a Bulls fan, a Lakers fan, a Spurs hater, a Cavs hater, probably a Spurs fan too, a Warriors fan last year maybe during the playoffs, and now a Warriors hater. Interesting. Why can't you fukkheads accept people don't all share your opinion and it doesn't have to come from bias.

I wish there were more posters like DUBNation here, he's a Warriors fan and at least is capable of having a discussion instead of making random accusations when someone doesn't agree with him.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    Dirk the Dallas player he was decent player a few years ago not. now
    You realize you're talking about a 37-year old player, right?

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    (My opinion)

Overrated

Jrue Holiday!
    MCW!

Iman Shumpert
    Kelly Olynyk
    Chandler Parsons
    Spencer Hawes

Kevin Love??
    Harrison Barnes??

& pretty much every single forward & centre on the Wizards list...

Underrated

Isaiah Thomas!!
    Jimmy Butler!!

John Wall!
    Jared Sullinger!

Paul Milsap
    Kenneth Farried
    Evan Fournier
    Jordan Hill

Greg Monroe?
    Gordon Hayward?
    How can Spencer Hawes possibly be overrated today? Everyone thinks he's garbage. Maybe a year ago when he got that contract.

Faried is an interesting one, I'm not too sure how he's currently viewed but I think most people think he's better than he actually is. He was supposed to be more than just an energy player which is essentially all he is. No jumper, no post moves, can't make free throws, undersized... He brings great energy which is always a good thing to have and he's a good athlete but what else does he bring to the table? There's a reason he only plays 27 minutes per game for his career and has never averaged over 30 in any season.

First 123 Last