No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Why are the Cavs -2.5?

Someone a lot smarter than myself is going to have to explain this line and movement to me.

goldust
    goldust's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 763

I think Vegas knows the Magic are pretty good and the Cavs often suck as short road favs.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13170

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Someone a lot smarter than myself is going to have to explain this line and movement to me.

Irving is not returning and JR Smith is now out??? And they suck on the road, go figure that line????

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

shumpman trying to come back a little for this game.
    a couple points lower than i was expecting so I'm staying away, Cavs have no business losing this game tho.

Amadeo-Picks
    Amadeo-Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3492

I think Lebron needs to be aggressive from the start . If not it can turn into a game which they battle back. Pass for me. It looks too good to be true on paper tbh.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

What should it be? Orlando aint Philly.

Amadeo-Picks

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    What should it be? Orlando aint Philly.
    it shouldn't be -2.5 when ur the favorites to win the east by a landslide . And facing a team that is at best . AT BEST a middle of the pack team. Don't mention to me about the good run of games Orlando is having , those games have nothing to do with tonight. Like I said if I knew for a fact Lebron would come out and being aggressive I would pound . But I don't know that so its a pass.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeo-Picks View Post
    it shouldn't be -2.5 when ur the favorites to win the east by a landslide . And facing a team that is at best . AT BEST a middle of the pack team. Don't mention to me about the good run of games Orlando is having , those games have nothing to do with tonight. Like I said if I knew for a fact Lebron would come out and being aggressive I would pound . But I don't know that so its a pass.
    Then what are you waiting on pound it. Is that win the east by a landslide with a full healthy roster or win the east by a landslide with this current group, uh yeah. Cleveland right now isnt really much better than Orlando. True line should probably be a pK, but the number man knows he cant do that, there is a reason it was bet down.
    Last edited by jtoler; 12-11-15 at 03:54 PM.

GoBlue77

Then what are you waiting on pound it. Is that win the east by a landslide with a full healthy roster or win the east by a landslide with this current group, uh yeah. Cleveland right now isnt really much better than Orlando. True line should probably be a pK, but the number man knows he cant do that, there is a reason it was bet down.
    a pick. you lost your mind son.

a fair line would be cavs by 5. it only being cavs by 3 with public hammering cavs. I'm staying away

but cavs are trash on the road and always under perform.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    a pick. you lost your mind son.

a fair line would be cavs by 5. it only being cavs by 3 with public hammering cavs. I'm staying away

but cavs are trash on the road and always under perform.
    I said a true line, if a fair line was Cavs -5 why has it dropped 2 points then.

louielouie
    louielouie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

to be fair advanced stats show this line to be correct

louielouie
    louielouie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-nba-picks/

GoBlue77

good question.

until cavs iron out their shit, they aren't worth the investment. once kyrie and shump come back cavs will go on a huge winning streak. until then, they are still figuring out chemistry with the group of mental losers they have when they go on the road.

no other team has had such a good record at home and such a horrible road record then the cavs.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Line looks good to me.

jtoler

Magic last loss at home was Nov. 21 a game the Kings had a 31-8 free throw advantage and still only won by 6. Before that they dropped the very 1st and 2nd game of the season at home by a combined 4 pts, one a double OT affair with the Thunder. Cavs are always gonna get everyone's best on the road, they should get the Magic's best tonight, wish I had gotten +5 but Im not sure that was even available by the time it hit the books.

Amadeo-Picks

Magic last loss at home was Nov. 21 a game the Kings had a 31-8 free throw advantage and still only won by 6. Before that they dropped the very 1st and 2nd game of the season at home by a combined 4 pts, one a double OT affair with the Thunder. Cavs are always gonna get everyone's best on the road, they should get the Magic's best tonight, wish I had gotten +5 but Im not sure that was even available by the time it hit the books.

Magics fan much huh ?

and I was expecting this line to be 4-5 . When I saw 3 it just made me look away. In a live bet I'd bet the Cavs at + money . Other than that not worth it

jtoler

Magics fan much huh ?

and I was expecting this line to be 4-5 . When I saw 3 it just made me look away. In a live bet I'd bet the Cavs at + money . Other than that not worth it
    Not a Magic fan at all, fan of winning money. Line opened at -5 BetOnline is the only book I see that had it though for about 2 and a half hours.

Amadeo-Picks

Not a Magic fan at all, fan of winning money. Line opened at -5 BetOnline is the only book I see that had it though for about 2 and a half hours.
    Agree to that . What's ur pick on this game ? It's pass for me

jtoler

Agree to that . What's ur pick on this game ? It's pass for me
    I played the Magic at +3, small bet.

Amadeo-Picks

Bol , hope it hits

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

It is a bit short but not that far off. I would've expected -4/-4.5 maybe. Magic have been a decent team so far.

georgek118
    georgek118's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4513

cuz the cavs are horseshit? yea they will win the east, but u look at their games, and they often just play like garbage.

Amadeo-Picks

Like I said on the top comments above . If I knew for a fact Lebron would come out aggressive from the beginning I would of pounded Cavs . He did and they are up 16 . To bad I didn't play it

Killer2121
    Killer2121's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2099

Like I said on the top comments above . If I knew for a fact Lebron would come out aggressive from the beginning I would of pounded Cavs . He did and they are up 16 . To bad I didn't play it
    I played it, but played it very small

jtoler

Havent watched much really, but eek, Magic got pummeled here.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    It is a bit short but not that far off. I would've expected -4/-4.5 maybe. Magic have been a decent team so far.
    I was honestly anticipating at least -5, if not more.

Books just handed one over here. Magic were simply outclassed. Maybe oddsmakers felt like there was nothing they could do than offer it at a weird number and some faux RLM.

charcoalbbq
    charcoalbbq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

books have gotten smart with random line moves. over the last 2 or 3 years lots of wannabee sharps got burned following line move.