rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    You have offended me. Too slow. OK.
    NBA isn`t a track meet.

How is Dirk and this new guy from the Knicks doing in this new NBA? Both speed merchants I guess.
    Sure,LeBron giving a huge effort could cause Bird problems. He would then concentrate on the other facets of the game.

The top guys (10-15) from any era would compete with any other era. The father back you go, the tougher these guys were.
    Wasn`t even charter planes until mid to late 80s. I think the Pistons were the first with a relic prop plane.

McHale and Hakeem could average 30/20 against the bigs of today. Howard would foul out in like 10 minutes.Please.

Could go on all day with this stuff, but at the end of the day none of us has anything but an opinion.
    Porzingis is super athletic for a 7'2 kid

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

looks like golden state will beat the 90's bulls regular season record but no one's arguing they're the best team ever.

c'mon now, curry won't put up 20 against jordan's defense.

but golden state this year is much better than last year.

this team is fukking good...

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Funny how people think players from the 80's, such as Bird, couldn't hack it today. I'm currently watching a game in which Matthew Dellavedova is getting significant playing time.

new era
    new era's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

You can't compare those teams to this team.

I guess the Lakers in the 60s would stomp the NBA today

Give me a break. The coaching and staff are way better now than those days. Curry is making shots regardless of whose on him. IDC if Pippen is draped all over him (Jordan didn't even guard the opposing teams best players -- Pippen did; Don't be fooled by the DPOY awards, anyone who watched would know).

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

44 first quarter tonight.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by new era View Post
    You can't compare those teams to this team.

I guess the Lakers in the 60s would stomp the NBA today

Give me a break. The coaching and staff are way better now than those days. Curry is making shots regardless of whose on him. IDC if Pippen is draped all over him (Jordan didn't even guard the opposing teams best players -- Pippen did; Don't be fooled by the DPOY awards, anyone who watched would know).
    curry wouldn't put up 20 against jordan.

and players didn't have rest days back then.

lol rest days... tell that to your boss and see what happens.

just wait couple weeks and teams will purposely tank.

this shit didn't happen back in the days.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It would be unreal if they sweep the road trip

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    It would be unreal if they sweep the road trip
    A legit shot indeed.

darrell74

I think its time to compare to the best of all time, but not crown.

Comparison is good for conversation. Just don't crown them

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They might be one of most explosives teams ever put on a court

darrell74

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    They might be one of most explosives teams ever put on a court
    I agree.

They look like they got their shi+ together.
    Its fast, professional, and they compensate on both sides nicely.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    First off, great to see your Thread, best wishes during the holidays and New Year.

I love the article and find it funny when people do try to compare. There is no way to compare. I would love to see you post more threads my friend always love to hear what your thinking.

Cheers!
    Mike! my Man! Yea I always get a bit excited after the NBA season settles in. Lots of good posters come out. The NBA landscape starts taking shape and bowl games around the corner. Its my favorite time of the year.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    The level of play today is way higher than in the 80's and the level of media scrutiny is off the charts; if they win 73+ and the title, they're the best ever.
    There are more and better athletes now for sure but we know more about health today. I think Wilt Chamberlain smoked a cigarette after his 100 pt game. Meanwhile the Warriors are using biometrics with wifi on their knee caps n shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    I agree the league is watered down, there is playoff teams and not contending teams which makes for a useless regular season. With that being said you need a good imagination to see how they rank against top teams of all time. If you still think they dont fair they still have plenty of upside considering how young the overall team is Klay is only like 24 easily top 4 SG in the league...
    Yup, imagine is Dumars, Jordan, Mitch Richmond and even John Starks were D'ing up Klay every night with those coaching schemes. Outisde of maybe Tony Allen who doesnt make you work on the other end, there is no one D'ing up that way today. It's a one for you - one for me league now.

Hell, since this thread started the NBA took action against the 76ers because they are so bad.

olamide
    olamide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2571

I really love what the warriors are doing right now and i believe they can beat any team come playoff if healthy. I don't see any team touching them maybe the spurs.
    However i wouldn't compare them to the giants of the past at least not yet. Common the so called superstars of this era are so lazy and only want to have fun.
    Who actually think Draymond is in the same conversation with Pippen? Pippen will eat him alive!

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

As players become bigger, taller, stronger & faster, its increasingly unfair to compare them to past generations or eras.
    I lived & loved those great 80's players on those spectacular 80's teams but even an idiot like me can recognize the unfair advantage today's players have over those 80's players in their prime.

First 12