Whatever you do, don't forget that you're applauding a rapist. Let's all tone it down on the Kobe Lovefest/Retirement Tour.

That being said, I do think Lakers ML is the play. Sure, it's Philly's best chance this season to actually get a win, but when a team loses this many in a row, what difference is it if they lose one more? Due theory gets you murdered.

This team is actually trying to lose. They aren't even pretending to be competitive. Philly is going exclusively with the tanking approach to accumulate high draft picks and develop talent that way. But they're not going to be able to keep the young guys that they plan to build around. Jahlil Okafor is already looking for a way out. Joel Embiid hasn't played a game. Michael Carter Williams is on the goddamn Bucks. Dario Saric is in no rush to come to the country.

Ask yourself this: How many franchise changing players have been top 5 draft picks in the last decade?

Chris Paul. Kevin Durant. Anthony Davis.

And only one of those guys was number 1 overall.

In the modern NBA, you win championships by utilizing all 3 phases of the team building process. Draft. Sign. Trade. Philly is committed to firebombing 2 of those phases entirely.

I guess they'll be the ones laughing in 2034 when they finally win a championship.

But, I digress. Lakers ML worth a small shot just on principle.