smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Its freaking November guys, its still like the preseason.

Fischnasty
    come on Papanick!
    Fischnasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 311

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    Its freaking November guys, its still like the preseason.
    smitch, don't even bother trying. these are the same guys posting the "duke would beat the sixers" type threads

smitch124

Haha I hear ya Fischay. The Warriors form has actually been awful lately. They were boat racing everyone early in the season. Lately they are starting horribly, turning the ball over like crazy (especially Curry) and depending on mad comebacks to win. Definitely not playing like any kind of historically great team. Besides, the games that matter are way in the future. San Antonio doesn't even start trying until February.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

How did San Antonio do last year? Oh ya, thats right. Maybe there's more ways than one to win a ring, more obvious to some us than others.

If a team is going to be the greatest ever, they play like it for the entire year, not just from Feb on. They've got their ring, now its time to get the record. Cant do that if you think the first 15 games are preseason, you clown

smitch124

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    How did San Antonio do last year? Oh ya, thats right. Maybe there's more ways than one to win a ring, more obvious to some us than others.

If a team is going to be the greatest ever, they play like it for the entire year, not just from Feb on. They've got their ring, now its time to get the record. Cant do that if you think the first 15 games are preseason, you clown
    The record for wins is meaningless. The idea is to win a championship. Winning 73 games and losing in the Conference finals is a failure. I wear makeup a lot but I am not a clown.

Killer2121
    Killer2121's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2099

I really hate when people bring up these kind of debates... He's still only 27 and only has one ring. The warriors have been an elite team for a couple seasons max. You never know what can happen.

The Kraken

Curry is going to be the best player ever on the best team ever, when it's all said and done

Have fun talking about WW2 and how good MJ was

The Kraken

The record for wins is meaningless. The idea is to win a championship. Winning 73 games and losing in the Conference finals is a failure. I wear makeup a lot but I am not a clown.
    The record for wins is meaningless?

These are the most competitive men on the planet that have devoted their lives to breaking records, and now records are meaningless

And who ever said they're going to win 73 and lose the championship? They're going to win 73 and win the championship and go down as the best team ever, or at least as having had the best season ever

rpesi9955
    rpesi9955's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1441

There definitely great but the best?thats yet to be seen......still a lot of ball left in the season.

The Kraken

But its not too early to talk about it

understand what you're witnessing is greatness

Not just regular greatness like the Kobe Lakers or LBJ's Heat, but this is all-time greatness

If you want to wait 20 years, and then look back on it, go ahead and be my guest. I choose to recognize them now and enjoy it all the more

Fischnasty
    come on Papanick!
    Fischnasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 311

well, kraken, if they are the best team ever, you should probably liquidate all your assets and go all in on them to win the finals. after all, they have the best player of all time right?

you dont want to be some dumb prick sitting around talking about WW2. you're a real go-getter who thinks about the future. am i wrong?

The Kraken

Don't get me wrong fishy, I enjoy WW2, most American history as well. I was simply being dramatic to make a point. I love me some history.

but buying a future on GS isn't as simple as thinking they'll win it all, it's about value, and thats another story. Right now isn't the right time IMO, because no matter how sure I am that I am right, there's a good chance im wrong

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

I hate them so much.

Especially that Fuk curry.

The Kraken

Going for the record

16-0

may go 82-0

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I agree. They need 89 wins to begin that conversation. Also, that Bulls team only had 3 losses in the playoffs.

The Kraken

clowns

DUBnation
    DUBnation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6413

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    But its not too early to talk about it

understand what you're witnessing is greatness

Not just regular greatness like the Kobe Lakers or LBJ's Heat, but this is all-time greatness

If you want to wait 20 years, and then look back on it, go ahead and be my guest. I choose to recognize them now and enjoy it all the more
    Agreed. Obviously I'm a little biased as a Warriors fan but I've been surprised with all the hate they've been getting recently. At the end of the day, we're all fans of the game and should enjoy watching it being played at its highest level.

And if you hate them now you're in for a rough couple years cause they're only going to get better.

rpesi9955
    rpesi9955's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1441

Quote Originally Posted by DUBnation View Post
    Agreed. Obviously I'm a little biased as a Warriors fan but I've been surprised with all the hate they've been getting recently. At the end of the day, we're all fans of the game and should enjoy watching it being played at its highest level.

And if you hate them now you're in for a rough couple years cause they're only going to get better.
    Agreed.

ki dice
    ki dice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8644

96 bulls team is the best ever 72 and 10,that team would win the series against these warriors.with the new rules no hand checking Jordan would average 50 in the series and Jordan would stop curry,that's why Jordan was 1st team all defense all those years,also the level of competition was much tougher back then.lot of bad teams now in the nba my opinion golden st can go 73 and 9 which they won't.still win the title but that bulls team is still better.

ki dice

Tough to go through a season and go 72 and 10 there's back to backs 3 games in 4 nights,injuries adversity.jordan willed them to victory on tired nights that's who he was.i don't think golden st has a player that can do that.

DUBnation

Quote Originally Posted by ki dice View Post
    96 bulls team is the best ever 72 and 10,that team would win the series against these warriors.with the new rules no hand checking Jordan would average 50 in the series and Jordan would stop curry,that's why Jordan was 1st team all defense all those years,also the level of competition was much tougher back then.lot of bad teams now in the nba my opinion golden st can go 73 and 9 which they won't.still win the title but that bulls team is still better.
    Yeah and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. Easy to speculate on what "would have" happened but in reality we will never know and this "Jordan would avg 50, hand check, tougher competition, blah blah blah" argument is getting old.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Quote Originally Posted by ki dice View Post
    Tough to go through a season and go 72 and 10 there's back to backs 3 games in 4 nights,injuries adversity.jordan willed them to victory on tired nights that's who he was.i don't think golden st has a player that can do that.
    They have a player who's doing it right now... Curry is lights out every game, which Is rare for a pure jumpshooter.

Jeffie

Yeah and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. Easy to speculate on what "would have" happened but in reality we will never know and this "Jordan would avg 50, hand check, tougher competition, blah blah blah" argument is getting old.
    People just don't wanna face reality. You can make a case for competition being harder nowadays.
    Athletes are way more athletic, compared to 80-90's period.

Ballin24
    Ballin24's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 864

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Lebron>Curry
    You lebrick fans have to let it go. Curry is much better than your boy. You guys don't even have the ring argument like you could point to before Curry slapped the Cavs in the 2015 finals.

Jeffie

Quote Originally Posted by Ballin24 View Post
    You lebrick fans have to let it go. Curry is much better than your boy. You guys don't even have the ring argument like you could point to before Curry slapped the Cavs in the 2015 finals.
    No but they get to use the "we weren't healthy" excuse. Curry and Thompson couldn't shoot worth shit that series and still won.

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

72-10 in 2016 would be more of accomplishment than 72-10 in 1996. Stop overrating old school basketball. It's like saying GTA SA is better than GTA V.
    Points Awarded:

imadegen gave hotelis 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

best team ever is like asking whos the best player ever, its highly subjective ....

But I bet this team beats the Bulls 72-10 mark, think so because it seems they are driven to beat this record

Jeffie

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    best team ever is like asking whos the best player ever, its highly subjective ....

But I bet this team beats the Bulls 72-10 mark, think so because it seems they are driven to beat this record
    Should be super close if no injuries I'll predict 74-8

DUBnation

Think they'll ever release any futures for them to beat the record? They had Kentucky to go undefeated pretty early in the season last year

Ballin24
    Ballin24's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 864

Think they'll ever release any futures for them to beat the record? They had Kentucky to go undefeated pretty early in the season last year
    They already did man. Well at least at my book I saw it a couple days ago.

Ebe
    28-1
    Ebe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

This Warriors team is a different specimen.

ki dice

You guys are really making me laugh right now,not sure if you guys were young in the 90s and didn't watch sports,but if Jordan did not retire and play baseball you can argue that Jordan would of won 8 in a row steph curry will maybe get 2 if he's lucky.when Jordan came back I think and late march of his retirement the took Orlando with Shaquille and penny to 6 games he got a little tired at the end.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

The main reason the Bulls lost was no Horace Grant they could not of won 8 in a row without Grant or Rodman on the roster.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
    People just don't wanna face reality. You can make a case for competition being harder nowadays.
    Athletes are way more athletic, compared to 80-90's period.
    More athletic today yes. But also much more babied and protected. The toughness of the old school NBA is gone. Guys like Charles Oakley or Willis Reed would be kicked out of the league today.

In the Knicks’ home opener during the 1966-67 season, Reed got sick of being hit with elbows from Lakers centre Rudy LaRusso. According to Brian Cronin of KnickerBlogger.net, after LaRusso threw a punch at Reed, the Knicks’ tough guy tried to retaliate, but was grabbed by Darrall Imhoff of the Lakers. An enraged Reed dropped Imhoff with one punch, before chasing LaRusso and slugging him a couple times in the face. He then broke Lakers’ rookie John Block’s nose when Block foolishly attempted to restrain him. A full-blown brawl subsequently broke out and Reed continued to drop any Lakers that came within arms length.

The aftermath: a $50 fine for Reed, no suspension, and his status as an undisputed badass enshrined in NBA folklore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballin24 View Post
    Who won the Finals MVP again?? Has to be the guy that slapped the Cavs right???

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Did somebody in this thread really say that GST biggest threats were NO & HOU??

First 12345 Last