JV1
    JV1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1700

yes, I just bet 1 unit per game ATS and give a half point or sometimes 1 or 1.5 to get at least even odds. If you go back and look at the wins, they almost always cover by 2 or more points beyond the spread, even the heavy favorites.
    Last edited by JV1; 02-12-19 at 10:27 AM.

JV1

I started doing this about halfway thru last year as the ABCD method was too risky for me but the premise of this system is solid and I had come up with similar systems of my own years ago and they worked too but I like to just log in and see what's next as I don't have a lot of time to investigate these things.

GGPLAYER
    GGPLAYER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7549

Quote Originally Posted by skyscrapers View Post

These large M/Ls are tricky. I tracked chasing on a 3-pt buy but after a while it didn't really work out. Most people will probably just skip it. You can also chase for maybe half a unit or smaller. Another strategy is to parlay it with another heavy favorite M/L.
    It is truly up to the individual on the large ML bets. It's all about what your risk tolerance is. I used to skip till last year when I got more comfortable with "live betting". It requires more time because you have to pay attention to game while being played and hope the underdog keeps it close or is winning at some point. Last night worked out great as Mia had a small lead in the 2nd quarter and I got Denver at -5.5 with -119 odds. Even if I lost the impact would have been low on my bankroll and I could move on either way.

But to respond to someone's question on if -550 is considered large......it is to me! I don't see betting 550 dollars to make 100 as being a sound way to bet. Just one loss would cripple most bankrolls.

msetai
    msetai's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1366

These large M/Ls are tricky. I tracked chasing on a 3-pt buy but after a while it didn't really work out. Most people will probably just skip it. You can also chase for maybe half a unit or smaller. Another strategy is to parlay it with another heavy favorite M/L.
    yeah was thinking yesterday to parlay toronto and denver, ended up just doing den ml. but if i did the parlay...toronto was stressfullll
    Quote Originally Posted by oilcountry99 View Post
    I'm not positive we'll have to wait for JV1 to chime in but it sounds to me like if A is a loss, you move to B but still only risk 1 unit.

The record doing that would be 67-42. All wins at plus money
    JV1 was saying hes up 17 units but yours seems like 25 (which makes sense given current record)?

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11350

Funny how just what we were discussing happened tn. The Spurs were not HUGE favorites but it was a decent chunk on the ML. If you bought 3 you would’ve lost.

thekoreanmang
    thekoreanmang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2317

Quote Originally Posted by JV1 View Post
    yes, I just bet 1 unit per game ATS and give a half point or sometimes 1 or 1.5 to get at least even odds. If you go back and look at the wins, they almost always cover by 2 or more points beyond the spread, even the heavy favorites.
    So, with tonight's ATS loss you're currently only down 2u on this series and for the "Bet C" you are only playing the SA spread (or ML if they're underdogs) for 1u, right?

kaanyeezy
    kaanyeezy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

Quote Originally Posted by thekoreanmang View Post
    So, with tonight's ATS loss you're currently only down 2u on this series and for the "Bet C" you are only playing the SA spread (or ML if they're underdogs) for 1u, right?
    Correct except he’d be down 3 units at this point not 2.

Wallco99
    Wallco99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39236

This bet strategy seems like something that should be opened in it's own thread, as to not clog up this one and confuse people with how my system actually works. The same system and bet strategy that has worked well for many, many seasons, and is again.
    Points Awarded:

MisterDog30 gave Wallco99 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Kloppi gave Wallco99 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home
    skyscrapers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 33888

Wallco NBA Chase 110
    2018-19 System to Date: 69-1 (fin. series)
    System Profit/Loss: +50.56 units (fin. series)
    Current Open Series: 0

(2/12/19):
    San Antonio (M/L) (B) - Win

#70 Atlanta (+6) (A) -Win

v1 Plays
    (A) 40-30
    (B) 22-8

(C) 5-3
    (D) 2-1
    Losses: PHX (-18.44u)

There are no system plays for (2/13/19)

We will ALWAYS play the M/L on favorites and the point spread (-110) on dogs. The team underlined and highlighted blue is the play. There is no point buying in this system, with one exception, if your team is the favorite, and buying down to a (-½) point spread is cheaper than playing the M/L, then by all means, buy the points, otherwise, M/L on all favorites and point spread on dogs. All results will be based on this principle. All lines and standings are based on FINAL lines from ScoresandOdds.com/. If one of the teams we are playing switches from a favorite to a dog, after my initial post, make sure you get the appropriate line if it differs from what I have posted. The wins and losses will be based on who is the dog team, and who is the favorite on ScoresandOdds.com/ final lines. I will try to update my post as often as I can throughout the day if the lines do change. However, it is the individual bettor’s responsibility to get the appropriate line if it differs from the line in my post. System rules and backtest can be found in posts #96 & #1343.
    Points Awarded:

GGPLAYER gave skyscrapers 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

betwithdaniel gave skyscrapers 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mcmister gave skyscrapers 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

positivebankroll
    positivebankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4536

Quote Originally Posted by wallco99 View Post
    this bet strategy seems like something that should be opened in it's own thread, as to not clog up this one and confuse people with how my system actually works. The same system and bet strategy that has worked well for many, many seasons, and is again.
    #facts

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home

Wallco NBA Chase 110

v1 Plays
    (A) 40-30
    (B) 22-8

(C) 5-3
    (D) 2-1

There are no system plays for (2/14/19)

We will ALWAYS play the M/L on favorites and the point spread (-110) on dogs. The team underlined and highlighted blue is the play. There is no point buying in this system, with one exception, if your team is the favorite, and buying down to a (-½) point spread is cheaper than playing the M/L, then by all means, buy the points, otherwise, M/L on all favorites and point spread on dogs. All results will be based on this principle. All lines and standings are based on FINAL lines from ScoresandOdds.com/. If one of the teams we are playing switches from a favorite to a dog, after my initial post, make sure you get the appropriate line if it differs from what I have posted. The wins and losses will be based on who is the dog team, and who is the favorite on ScoresandOdds.com/ final lines. I will try to update my post as often as I can throughout the day if the lines do change. However, it is the individual bettor’s responsibility to get the appropriate line if it differs from the line in my post. System rules and backtest can be found in posts #96 & #1343.
    Points Awarded:

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home

Wallco NBA Chase 110

v1 Plays
    (A) 40-30
    (B) 22-8

(C) 5-3
    (D) 2-1

There are no system plays from (2/15/19 - 2/20/19) for the All-Star Break.

Points Awarded:

muscleville7 gave skyscrapers 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Andy3568 gave skyscrapers 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home

Wallco NBA Chase 110

v1 Plays
    (A) 40-30
    (B) 22-8

(C) 5-3
    (D) 2-1

There are no system plays for (2/21/19)

Points Awarded:

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home

Wallco NBA Chase 110

v1 Plays
    (A) 40-30
    (B) 22-8

(C) 5-3
    (D) 2-1

There are no system plays for (2/22/19)

Points Awarded:

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home

Wallco NBA Chase 110

v1 Plays
    (A) 40-30
    (B) 22-8

(C) 5-3
    (D) 2-1

Games for (2/23/19):
    Phoenix (+3) @ Atlanta (A) (7:05pm EST)
    #72 Dallas (+10.5) @ Utah (A) (10:05pm EST)

Note: The lines I have listed were the current lines at the time of my post and may not reflect the final lines used to determine wins & losses, or line changes later in the day. Get proper line if different than the one I have posted, based on the criteria that I have listed below.

Points Awarded:

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home

Wallco NBA Chase 110
    Current Open Series: 2 (-2.20 units)

(2/23/19):
    Phoenix (+3) (A) -
    Loss
    #72 Dallas (+11.5) (A) - Loss

v1 Plays
    (A) 40-32
    (B) 22-8

(C) 5-3
    (D) 2-1

There are no system plays for (2/24/19)

#71 Resumes (B) on 2/25/19
    #72 Resumes (B) on 2/25/19

Points Awarded:

oilcountry99
    oilcountry99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1094

JV1............i messaged you.

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home

Wallco NBA Chase 110
    Current Open Series: 2 (-2.20 units)

v1 Plays
    (A) 40-32
    (B) 22-8

(C) 5-3
    (D) 2-1

Games for (2/25/19):
    Phoenix (+8.5) @ Miami (B) (7:35pm EST)
    #72 Dallas (+3.5) @ Los Angeles Clippers (B) (10:35pm EST)

Note: The lines I have listed were the current lines at the time of my post and may not reflect the final lines used to determine wins & losses, or line changes later in the day. Get proper line if different than the one I have posted, based on the criteria that I have listed below.

Last edited by skyscrapers; 02-25-19 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Updated line
    Points Awarded:

JV1

Quote Originally Posted by oilcountry99 View Post
    JV1............i messaged you.
    Yes, you are doing it right. I wasn't able to respond to your private message as apparently, you need at least 40 posts to be able to respond that way and I only have about, 12 now? Good luck!

diablozz
    diablozz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 415

Isn't Memphis a play? Thank you Skyscraper for doing this!!!

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home

Quote Originally Posted by diablozz View Post
    Isn't Memphis a play? Thank you Skyscraper for doing this!!!
    Not Memphis because of the head-to-head filter

GGPLAYER
    GGPLAYER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7549

Not Memphis because of the head-to-head filter
    Head to Head Filter: If a team loses three straight games (ATS and S/U), check that team’s schedule to see who their next four opponents are. If one of these teams is a team that is already being played in Chase 110, skip wagering on the new team until the first team has concluded their series. This is to avoid possibly betting on both sides of a game deep in a series (C-D bets). If at that point, the new team has continued their losing streak, you may then pick up your (A) bet on that team, and begin your four game chase. If two teams qualify at the same time, and are scheduled to play each other at some point in their next four games, the team whose potential four game chase would end sooner will be the play. However, if these two teams are scheduled to face each other in their respective (A) bets, or at least one of them being a (B) bet, this game will be played, taking the (M/L) on the favorite and (-110) on underdog. There is a chance you can win both ends of the bet, and no chance you can lose both, since one team will win. The risk/reward only seems favorable when teams are facing each other in their (A) bets or at least one team being a (B) bet, all other scenarios are just too risky. You may play all teams that qualify, regardless of who their next four opponents are and just take your chances. However, this isn’t recommended. This filter was created to eliminate a possible (D) bet disaster. The wins and losses for the season will be calculated using this filter.

In this situation I am playing Memphis because they will not meet up with both being D bets.

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home

Wallco NBA Chase 110
    2018-19 System to Date: 70-1 (fin. series)
    System Profit/Loss: +51.56 units (fin. series)
    Current Open Series: 1 (-3.41 units)

(2/25/19):
    Phoenix (+7.5) (B) - Win

#72 Dallas (+3.5) (B) - Loss

v1 Plays
    (A) 40-32
    (B) 23-9

(C) 5-3
    (D) 2-1

There are no system plays for (2/26/19)

#72 Resumes (C) on 2/27/19

Points Awarded:

littlecat
    littlecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4277

Thanks Sky. Really appreciate your consistent hard work and record keeping. And thanks to Wallco for giving us all the opportunity to make some money.

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home

Quote Originally Posted by littlecat View Post
    Thanks Sky. Really appreciate your consistent hard work and record keeping. And thanks to Wallco for giving us all the opportunity to make some money.
    It's been a great season so far!!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: msetai

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home

Wallco NBA Chase 110
    2018-19 System to Date: 70-1 (fin. series)
    System Profit/Loss: +51.56 units (fin. series)
    Current Open Series: 1 (-3.41 units)

v1 Plays
    (A) 40-32
    (B) 23-9

(C) 5-3
    (D) 2-1

Games for (2/27/19):
    #72 Indiana @ Dallas (+1) (C) (8:35pm EST)

Points Awarded:

MisterDog30 gave skyscrapers 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

losen2165 gave skyscrapers 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home

Wallco NBA Chase 110
    2018-19 System to Date: 71-1 (fin. series)
    System Profit/Loss: +52.56 units (fin. series)

(2/27/19):
    Dallas (+1) (C) - Win

v1 Plays
    (A) 40-32
    (B) 23-9

(C) 6-3
    (D) 2-1

There are no system plays for (2/28/19)

Points Awarded:

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home

Wallco NBA Chase 110
    2018-19 System to Date: 71-1 (fin. series)
    System Profit/Loss: +52.56 units (fin. series)

v1 Plays
    (A) 40-32
    (B) 23-9

(C) 6-3
    (D) 2-1

Games for (3/1/19):
    #73 Washington @ Boston (M/L) (A) (8:05pm EST)

Points Awarded:

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home

Wallco NBA Chase 110
    2018-19 System to Date: 72-1 (fin. series)
    System Profit/Loss: +53.56 units (fin. series)

(3/1/19):
    Boston (M/L) (A) - Win

v1 Plays
    (A) 41-32
    (B) 23-9

(C) 6-3
    (D) 2-1

Games for (3/2/19):
    Oklahoma City (+4 5) @ San Antonio (A) (8:35pm EST)

Last edited by skyscrapers; 03-02-19 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Updated line
    Points Awarded:

keel44
    Update your status
    keel44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12276

Everyone should keep in mind that each unit should be about 1/4 of a percent of a total bankroll.

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

So I guess there isn't a best player/MVP candidate is injured filter?

MisterDog30
    MisterDog30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 780

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Rest View Post
    So I guess there isn't a best player/MVP candidate is injured filter?
    System doesn't care. Books do the filtering for us.

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home

Wallco NBA Chase 110
    2018-19 System to Date: 72-1 (fin. series)
    System Profit/Loss: +53.56 units (fin. series)
    Current Open Series: (-1.10 units)

(3/2/19):
    Oklahoma City (+5) (A) - Loss

v1 Plays
    (A) 41-33
    (B) 23-9

(C) 6-3
    (D) 2-1

Games for (3/3/19):
    #74 Memphis @ Oklahoma City (M/L)
    (B) (7:05pm EST)

Points Awarded:

oilcountry99
    oilcountry99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1094

Quote Originally Posted by JV1 View Post
    Yes, you are doing it right. I wasn't able to respond to your private message as apparently, you need at least 40 posts to be able to respond that way and I only have about, 12 now? Good luck!
    Thanks, appreciate the reponse! All the best to you!

sunshine11
    sunshine11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3097

Seems like a lock today.

First ... 46474849505152 ... Last