GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

San Antonio at Utah Game3 ???

San Antonio +2
    Utah -2
    Under/Over 190

Please share your picks, smart experienced guys!

To me, Utah has best record at home court. San Antonio will be defeated this time since Spur never won a game at this court in this season. I will go for Utah-2 and under 190

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Get Utah -2 while it lasts, this will close -3 or -3.5.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Utah and Over in a HACKFEST.

GatorFan

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Get Utah -2 while it lasts, this will close -3 or -3.5.
    Razz,

I know you lost the first 2 games in this series since you leaned on Utah. Do you still trust Utah after 2 losses???

Razz

I'm actually not individually betting the games, just hoping they come back for my future. I would love to bet them in game three, but it would be stupid really.
    Yes, I still trust Utah, and still think they are the better team. Before the series I was quite certain they would win the three games they play at home, it's just a matter of winning one of the road games. Looking back, they've only been outplayed for two quarters, and if the shooting percentages move back to what these teams have done all year, the Jazz will win easily. Also I don't think SA will get every questionable call on the road.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

While Utah plays a lot better at home, i'm gonna play SA until the Jazz show me they can execute in the halfcourt nearly as well as the Spurs do.
    Last edited by tevari; 05-23-07 at 10:57 AM.

GatorFan

Flashing back to the first 2 games, Utah never led San Antonio. Only Carlos Boozer and Deron Williams were stepping up which not enough in compared with Ginobilli, Parker and Mr. Duncan. Utah is really in trouble in defense as well as offense. Mr. Kirilenko and Mr. Fisher have got to do something to win against San Antonio in game3. Otherwise, Utah will have no way out.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Utah at home in game 3.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

[QUOTE=Razz;272840]I'm actually not individually betting the games, just hoping they come back for my future. I would love to bet them in game three, but it would be stupid really.
    Yes, I still trust Utah, and still think they are the better team. Before the series I was quite certain they would win the three games they play at home, it's just a matter of winning one of the road games. Looking back, they've only been outplayed for two quarters, and if the shooting percentages move back to what these teams have done all year, the Jazz will win easily. Also I don't think SA will get every questionable call on the road.[/QUOTE

Ah, ever the optimist, Razz. The Spurs held leads of 19 and 21 (maybe more) respectively in games 1 and 2. I'd say they outplayed them in most quarters. I think the Spurs take 1 out of 2 in SLC, then close it out in game 5. A sweep would not at all surprise me.

And Razz, the shooting percentage for Utah is so low because of SA's stepped up defense in the playoffs. Conversely, SA could get any shot they wanted last night, helping them shoot at a higher clip. Layups, wide open 18 footers, wide open 3's.
    Last edited by babaoriley; 05-23-07 at 11:24 AM.

Hugo Whacket
    Hugo Whacket's Avatar Become A Pro!

hoping Razz is correct on the line move, am gonna take Spurs on ML. no thoughts on total

babaoriley

Besides the first couple of minutes in game 1, there hasn;t been a single time that I thought "Hey, the Spurs might lose this game". They're not going to wow anyone with their style, but they are the best team left in the playoffs and will win this series, then the Finals.

GatorFan

Oh Man, Utah is really really big trouble

GatorFan

But Guys, Remember!!!! Utah came back from behind after losing to Houston the first 2, they came back and won the series in game 7 at Houston....Yeahhhhh, there is still hope

babaoriley

[QUOTE=Razz;272840]I'm actually not individually betting the games, just hoping they come back for my future. I would love to bet them in game three, but it would be stupid really.
    Yes, I still trust Utah, and still think they are the better team. Before the series I was quite certain they would win the three games they play at home, it's just a matter of winning one of the road games. Looking back, they've only been outplayed for two quarters, and if the shooting percentages move back to what these teams have done all year, the Jazz will win easily. Also I don't think SA will get every questionable call on the road.[/QUOTE

Ah, ever the optimist, Razz. The Spurs held leads of 19 and 22 (maybe more) respectively in games 1 and 2 and the Jazz haven't led since 7 minutes into game 1. I'd say the Spurs outplayed them in most quarters. I think the Spurs take 1 out of 2 in SLC, then close it out in game 5. A sweep would not at all surprise me.

babaoriley

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Whacket View Post
    hoping Razz is correct on the line move, am gonna take Spurs on ML. no thoughts on total
    Ditto.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

1. San Antonio +123
    2. Over 190

Razz

I don't understand why anyone would play the Spurs in Game 3. Game 4 perhaps, but the Game 3s have been blowout wins for the 0-2 home teams in the western conference, and until Utah loses a home game ... well, it's your funeral I guess.

babaoriley

Razz, you predicted Utah covers and/or outright wins in games 1 and 2. Keep on riding that dead pony, my friend. If I play the Spurs ML in game 3, it will be a smallish bet and will in no way cripple me. My biggest bet of the playoffs thus far was 7.5 units on a 4.5 point teaser: Detroit Game 1 and SA Game 2 (both teased to -2). A 1 unit bet won't hurt m at all, at this point.

P.S. I'm really just razzing you (hey I got to use your handle in a sentence!). I think Utah should probably take game 3, but I'm not willing to bet on it. If they lose game 3, it's a safe bet that they lose game 4 as well...

Razz

That's true, and while I did think Game 3 would see the series tied, even if someone inexplicably thinks the Spurs are the much better team, the Suns were much better than the Lakers and the Jazz were much better than the Warriors, but both were beaten convincingly in Game 3 of the series after winning the first two games at home. Also, the Game 3 that Utah played down 0-2 was the single most dominant performance of the playoffs to date.
    Obviously SA can win this game, but there is so much value with the Jazz in this game that I am tempted to play them even though it may be stupid. If I consider my futures play a loss, then I have to bet this game. The problem is I don't consider it a loss. I'm torn really, but I'm sure I'll end up playing Utah for at least a little.

GatorFan

I agree with Razz. Guys, don't overrated Spurs for winning the first 2 games because Jazz will be playing a lot of better at HOME. Besides, Spurs did not win any game at Utah in this season. Just be careful to bet your money on Spur at Game 3.

mobu
    mobu's Avatar Become A Pro!

spurs ML and over.

gridironguy
    gridironguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Normally I would say Utah -2 but I have no clue what the hell is gonna happen!

LargeMouthBass
    LargeMouthBass's Avatar Become A Pro!

Go with Utah -2

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by isetcap View Post
    Utah and Over in a HACKFEST.
    Utah...yes
    Over...yes

HACKFEST...ABSOLUTELY

56 fouls and 57 FTs are absolutely incredible numbers when the game is a blowout. Based on the way these two teams foul, there is an inordinate amount of pressure for all the games in this series to go OVER when the number is around 190.

GatorFan

Razz. Congratulation on your Utah truthfulness.

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by GatorFan View Post
    Razz. Congratulation on your Utah truthfulness.
    Thanks. At least it worked once.