Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Charles Barkley sees the light

He just predicted the Jazz will come back and win this series and then win the NBA Championship. He's wrong a lot, but not this time.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I like the Jazz, but they aren't winning 4 of 6 from SA. Just not going to happen.

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    I like the Jazz, but they aren't winning 4 of 6 from SA. Just not going to happen.
    Correct. They are winning four of five.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Correct. They are winning four of five.
    Someone's been mixing in codeine with their cough syrup.

I'm not saying Utah can't win, I'm just saying they WON'T win. They'll drop game 2, drop game 3 or 4, then drop game 5. Spurs in 5. I really see no basis for predicting a Jazz win in 6 games. Series price is Jazz +550 so I'd imagine you're all over that one, Razz. Utah will lose tomorrow, then will need 4 of the next 5. Not gonna happen.

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by babaoriley View Post
    Series price is Jazz +550 so I'd imagine you're all over that one, Razz.
    I actually have the Spurs -340 to win the series. I'm hoping and praying it loses though, because I have the Jazz to win the NBA championship at 70-1.

rjt721

Utah's a very good young team, but you don't go from missing the playoffs the prior season to winning a championship, particularly when you have to go through a great team like the Spurs. Getting to the WCF is a great achievement and they will be a legit contender for years to come, but they aren't capable of beating SA in a seven game series.

babaoriley

This is a Utah team that took Houston to 7, should have lost the series to GS (at least GS had every chance to steal games 1 and 2 at Utah), and was down by 20 to the Spurs in game 1. I just don;t see the love for Utah being completely warranted. I do understand that everyone hates the very "dirty" Spurs and would like Utah to win. I just see no way that a team that could have been very easily bounced by a mediocre, highly flawed Houston team in round one should have this praise heaped upon them. If they win the west, they'll win it all, but if they win 2 games in this series, I'll consider it a moral victory for Utah.

babaoriley

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    I actually have the Spurs -340 to win the series. I'm hoping and praying it loses though, because I have the Jazz to win the NBA championship at 70-1.
    Ah! That says quite a bit. GL to you on that one, sir.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

I got two words for you:

Moses Millsap.

Razz

I really see no basis for predicting a Jazz win in 6 games.
    The Jazz are the better team. They may not win the series, but they are better than San Antonio right now. This is one of the few series where SA doesn't have a coaching advantage, and the only way the Jazz will not win/extend to 7 games is if their inexperience kills them late in the series.
    SAS have no answer at all for Williams, and they can't keep up with Utah on the glass. Ginobili is the only Spur who presents any matchup problems. Utah is much deeper, and over the next five games, that depth and the offensive capabilities of the two teams will show.
    That's just my take, obviously I am a little biased, as I'm sure you are as well (I don't 100% know you are a Spurs fan, but considering your location ...).

babaoriley

Believe me, if I had 70-1 on Utah, I'd be pounding a Duncan voodoo doll and vehemently rooting against the Spurs... And I'm a damn season ticket holder.

rjt721

This is a Utah team that should have lost the series to GS (at least GS had every chance to steal games 1 and 2 at Utah)
    Don't know about that one, baba. Sure GS completely choked away Game 2, but they also dominated the 4th Q of Game 4 in Oakland, where GS appeared to be virtually invincible prior to that game. The Jazz proved they were the far superior team in that series - better coached, tougher, more disciplined etc.

That said, I agree....Utah isn't beating SA.

Razz

This is a Utah team that took Houston to 7, should have lost the series to GS (at least GS had every chance to steal games 1 and 2 at Utah), and was down by 20 to the Spurs in game 1. I just don;t see the love for Utah being completely warranted. I do understand that everyone hates the very "dirty" Spurs and would like Utah to win. I just see no way that a team that could have been very easily bounced by a mediocre, highly flawed Houston team in round one should have this praise heaped upon them. If they win the west, they'll win it all, but if they win 2 games in this series, I'll consider it a moral victory for Utah.
    Come on now. San Antonio fans are in no position to say a team doesn't belong here.
    I've always enjoyed watching the Spurs play. Before the playoffs, I thought they were the best team in the NBA and the Jazz were the second best. Now I think I had it backwards.

babaoriley

I'm not saying that Utah shouldn't be here. I'm just saying that they had their hands full in the Houston series, and who knows what would have happened if GS hits that shot to win game 1, or holds onto their fairly large lead late in the 4th quarter of game 2. Then again, I realize the Amare, Diaw incident could have had severe implications for Phoenix in that series, though blowing an 18 point lead wasn't exactly inspiring play from Phoenix.

Razz

I'm not saying that Utah shouldn't be here. I'm just saying that they had their hands full in the Houston series, and who knows what would have happened if GS hits that shot to win game 1, or holds onto their fairly large lead late in the 4th quarter of game 2. Then again, I realize the Amare, Diaw incident could have had severe implications for Phoenix in that series, though blowing an 18 point lead wasn't exactly inspiring play from Phoenix.
    You make your own breaks. The Jazz really dominated the Houston series a lot more than I think most people realized - all their road losses except the first were very close and all the home wins were blowout city - but SA and Utah both made the most of their opportunities in round two. Was Utah lucky to win Game 2? Sure. Was SA lucky to win Game 1? Maybe. Were the suspensions fortunate? Of course. But, that's coaching, that's heart, and that's discipline.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Jazz won't advance, and that again proves Sir Charles is always wrong.

Also just rattling your chain Razz.

It don't really matter to me, I don't have no future bet on either of them.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I had the Jazz in Game 1, as they were in a great situation having a week off while the Spurs were only off one day after winning a war with Phoenix. My feelng now is that if Utah couldn't win (or cover!) with that much going for them, they probably will not win more than one game in this series, and a Spurs sweep would not be shocking.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Was that first game easy for the Pistons, LT?

I think you need to remove that signature line buddy.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I will leave it up until both series are over looker.

I gotta admit though that I no longer feel that Utah will extend the Spurs. My signature was based on the assumption that Utah would win Game 1.

Also I don't care that the Pistons only won by 3 points, the bottom line is they found a way to win. Nothing wrong with a four 3-point wins for a sweep.

Maybe signature should have read "Pistons will win in fewer games than the Spurs", as that is what I actually meant. No matter now, let's just see how these series play out.

Hawaiian time
    Hawaiian time's Avatar Become A Pro!

Games are not played on paper, its played on the court. SO DONT COUNT THE JAZZ OUT

Hawaiian time
    Hawaiian time's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why Am I A Rookie Yet?

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14473

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiian time View Post
    Why Am I A Rookie Yet?
    HT, please see the Spurs Jazz thread for my response to your question . . . good luck!

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

The real question is how much Charles has on Utah. The whole country is rooting against San Antonio and David Stern. I would love to see Utah beat the Spurs and for Charles to recover his losses on Dallas. I can't believe the moneyline jumped from -340 to -733 for the Spurs to win the series after Game 1. Spurs are overpriced. Yeah...I'm sure they'll win but who wants to eat that kind of chalk?

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED View Post
    I got two words for you:

Moses Millsap.
    rofl

babaoriley

Razz, sdo you till think Utah wins this series? I'm not trying to be sarcastic either. I'm honestly asking if you think Utah will hold court in SLC (all 3 games) and take 1 in SA. The series price has got to be astronomical right now.

Razz

I think they'll win all three games in SLC. As far as winning in SA, only if they can find an answer for Ginobili and get a couple calls. Not sure either will happen.