Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

deandre jordan to the mavs...

4 year $80 mil. hmmmm...

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1515

And they still wont win the West. Who is left for the Clips to get??

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

i don't now but he must really hate chris paul to ditch the clippers for the mavs.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Clippers suck now

Big loss

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Wow Clippers done now. I dont think even a playoff team

Christopher1991
    Christopher1991's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3937

Disastrous for the Clippers,they have no cap space to sign any other decent big man,just when they started to look good they're going to be fall apart.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2335

They couldn't fit Aldridge in there? Where the heck is he going? Spurs?

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Bold strategy leaving the best pg for a team without one when all you do is dunk off lobs

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    They couldn't fit Aldridge in there? Where the heck is he going? Spurs?
    No they can't since Aldridge made it clear to teams that he doesn't want to play Center.

That said, the Clippers never courted him in this process and maybe he would've been willing to change his tune if it meant playing with Paul and Griffin, but we'll probably never know the answer to that question.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

the guy better develop a low post game cause he ain't getting that many lobs in dallas.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

after looking at it the west isnt even that good anymore. dallas does not get better. spurs ahd there time. clips suck now. warriors will be good. mem same team will never win anything. okc will have injury issues.the power is slowly shifting.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

one move knocks both mavs and clips out of contention
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

just strange to take less money and go to a shittier team. did christ paul cuss him out in every practice or something?

existential

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    after looking at it the west isnt even that good anymore. dallas does not get better. spurs ahd there time. clips suck now. warriors will be good. mem same team will never win anything. okc will have injury issues.the power is slowly shifting.
    i've got a weird feeling OKC manages to stay healthy this year and contends. and you forgot Houston. they're staying the course and just got Beverley for 4yr/$25M where the 4th year is a team option. nicely done on their part. speaking of the Rockets, Aldridge is really a perfect fit for them on paper, but i'm guessing he thinks he wouldn't get enough touches there.

existential

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    one move knocks both mavs and clips out of contention
    yes, Clippers suffer major setback but Mavs were out of contention regardless. now they can at least continue playing entertaining basketball and maybe get a playoff spot. replacing Ellis/Chandler with Matthews/Jordan is still a big win for them. but Parsons and Matthews are both coming off major injuries, Dirk is 37, PG is a problem, and the bench looks to be poor. they've avoided pure tank mode in another words and that's worth a good bit to Cuban and his brand.

yydouble
    Golf Expert
    yydouble's Avatar Become A Pro!

He took less money?

That can't be correct.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by yydouble View Post
    He took less money?

That can't be correct.
    It is though. He took less money the same way Dwight Howard took less money when he went to Houston. If you stay with the same team they can offer you an extra year and a slightly higher annual salary.

Seto

This was the Mavs' only option to try to be relevant next year. I think they're overpaying a bit but that's the only choice they had.

Would take a major upset for the West (and for that matter the championship) not to be won by the Spurs, Warriors, or Thunder though.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    the guy better develop a low post game cause he ain't getting that many lobs in dallas.
    Why wouldn't he get lobs in Carlisle's offense?

Brandan fukking Wright got plenty of lobs in Dallas.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Who is better than any of those teams in the East though?

Cavs didn't get any better this summer. Just kept their guys. I don't see how you pay a guy 16 mill to come off the bench.

The Heat and Pacers will come back to relevance this year and the Bulls will be in the mix. The Raptors, Wizards and Hawks were, are, and will always be a joke.

Wouldn't take any of those teams over a West playoff team.

Christopher1991
    Christopher1991's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3937

It should be remembered that he wont be paying any state income tax in Texas,unlike the 13% he was getting billed in Cali,i guess that was a factor too.

yydouble
    Golf Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    It is though. He took less money the same way Dwight Howard took less money when he went to Houston. If you stay with the same team they can offer you an extra year and a slightly higher annual salary.
    Man I'm shocked.
    He must have had irreconcilable differences with someone. It's the only explanation.

existential

Meanwhile, the Clippers' meeting didn't include a single player. Griffin, of course, was in constant touch with his confidant, but Paul was off in the Bahamas with LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony. Paul made only half-hearted attempts to reach out to Jordan late in the process, according to sources close to the situation. At a certain point, the balance of affection tipped, and there weren't enough dinners at Katsuya or testimonials to Jordan about how much he'd flourished under Rivers' development to keep Jordan in Los Angeles.

So funny how lots of top players seem to always vacation with Melo. Very surprised Kobe wasn't there too, since he's very close to Paul and Melo as well. Paul definitely seemed like he didn't want to beg Jordan for anything, probably feels like he made him what he is. Oh well, now Paul and Griffin can both opt out in 2 years..

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

No state taxes on income in Tex and cheaper cost of living. When you consider everything its not like he left a ton on the table. And happiness is worth something I guess good for him!

yydouble
    Golf Expert

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    No state taxes on income in Tex and cheaper cost of living. When you consider everything its not like he left a ton on the table. And happiness is worth something I guess good for him!
    Excellent point Murph. On paper you are correct but I disagree.
    He is worth much less to endorsers now. Not to mention the losing. He virtually gave up his chance at a ring, which would have netted tons of happiness and money in the long run.
    There had to be some serious motivation to leave.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    i don't now but he must really hate chris paul to ditch the clippers for the mavs.
    CP treats him like shit. Publicly. Talks down to him right in front of everybody.

Clips won't go far without him.

they were not enough to get over the hump with him, so who knows what happens now

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Paul is a cancer always was and always will be

losing type of player

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Guess I just don't see why everyone thinks Clips are such legit title contenders? Never have proven anything to me not even this year. Beat an old tired Spurs team just barely to squeeze into next rnd where they had an all time epic collapse.

Not sure what endorsements he currently has but not like he's a big timer in those regards either. I don't see the guys brand or face anywhere like other stars including CP3 and Griffin on his own team who overshadowed the big guy. Not like he went to devils island hell hole like Sac or Philly type team. Mavs a very solid organization with a saavy owner dedicated to win with very deep pockets.

yydouble
    Golf Expert

All valid points.
    I must say I love his charisma, he is super funny and outgoing. A great interview. He could easily turn it into a win win if they make a run.

Reminds me of an old story Greg Anthony told about the thread count for the towels in the Mavs locker room being higher than any other team he'd ever seen!

Cuban does know how to take care of people.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

I can also tell u this. If Blake griffin was a free agent, he would be in Dallas with DJ too. Chandler Parsons and Blake are pretty close, and I'm sure he could have persuaded him to come as well.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

Who got that belly?

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Yeah good point two ways! I just mentioned something similar in Mensus thread on Lakers. Most these guys are just buddying up and meeting up somewhere to chase a ring thru free agency. All you really hope for is a good solid team base, good owner, and hopefully a great city that's appealing and Mavs have them all checked. Exception to the rule is that dump Cleveland far as appealing city goes ....but hey its Bron lol!

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Also not sure how long Griffins deal is for but another appealing option if he chose Dallas one day is it's close to home just a short drive to Oklahoma.

existential

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Also not sure how long Griffins deal is for but another appealing option if he chose Dallas one day is it's close to home just a short drive to Oklahoma.
    he'll be opting out in 2 years and will obviously strongly consider Mavs because Dirk will be gone at that point.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

2 years still should be very prime for Grif! Bit of an overrated joke when 1st arrived for a couple years with his 1 dimensional over the rim gm. Hes developed into one hell of a player tho since getting a midrange gm, better post moves instead of a guy that can just spin around you on baseline for a dunk.

12 Last