Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Spurs & Kwahi Leonard have agreed on a MAX deal

A good move. Time for old man Timmy to pass the torch. Hall of famer in the making

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Kawahi max. No thanks!

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Hell of a defender, can shoot the lights out, mid range to the 3 ball. Free throws. Young, healthy, good character. An ascending talent. Part of contrct extensions from a team point of view is paying for future performance, which is what they're doing. Leonard will continue to grow and fine tune his game and in a few (if not already) nobody will sit back and complain about him getting this deal. One guy I'm definitely glad got his

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Good move by the Spurs. They've got a gem.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Top notch 2-way player, coachable, hard worker, no drama, improved his game every year and with the experience he's already gained he's worth the investment.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Guy costs them the clipper series. Only downhill for this guy I foresee.

GIVEMETHEMONEY
    GIVEMETHEMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4903

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Hell of a defender, can shoot the lights out, mid range to the 3 ball. Free throws. Young, healthy, good character. An ascending talent. Part of contrct extensions from a team point of view is paying for future performance, which is what they're doing. Leonard will continue to grow and fine tune his game and in a few (if not already) nobody will sit back and complain about him getting this deal. One guy I'm definitely glad got his
    I agree with you on this one. He is one helluv a defender. He needs to work on his free throws though he has cost the Spurs some important points in the closing minutes by missing free throws.

htown1
    htown1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by GIVEMETHEMONEY View Post
    I agree with you on this one. He is one helluv a defender. He needs to work on his free throws though he has cost the Spurs some important points in the closing minutes by missing free throws.
    he cost them a championship with his free throw shooting

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

His skillset isn't worth MAX, but if Butler is being offered the Max then Lenoard sure as shit is worthy of the max in this market.

Looks like front offices are really opening up the checkbook for defensive stars.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Now they need Alridge and the are champs

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Now they need Alridge and the are champs

Aldridge would be such a perfect fit down there. I really hope to see that happen even if I don't much care for the Spurs.

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    His skillset isn't worth MAX, but if Butler is being offered the Max then Lenoard sure as shit is worthy of the max in this market.

Looks like front offices are really opening up the checkbook for defensive stars.
    the check books are open for everyone these days. In regards to the cap Leonard's max contract will be a bargain in 2 years. I remember in the 90's if you weren't a superstar you didn't get a max deal. Only players like Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, pierce, Garnett, Dirk got max deals. In 2004 is when the avg players started getting big deals. now you have everyone that scored 20 points in a game get 50+ million deals.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    No he can't. I like Kwahi, but he needs to improve both of those areas and needs a lot more court awareness on offense. He does too much iso stuff and takes too many bad shots.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

I thought pops said he was in bed?

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

you guys do realize the max for this year is going to be a good contract soon, the cap is raising, dramatically in a year or two.....

existential

Splitter gone and Green retained

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    Splitter gone and Green retained
    LMA should be heading there as well, Spurs, Warriors clearly the best 2 teams in the West

existential

Yeah, Budenholzer did his former boss a big favor by absorbing Splitter to make way for LMA. Splitter's actually relatively cheap these days, but his game has really regressed.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The Spurs will still be one of the favs to win NBA tithe again