MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

No Knicks fan here and I usually hate the Euros but this guy looks like the real deal atleast potential-wise.....Would have went Mudiay but this guy has more upside than anyone else in that spot

Who else that went later on has the tools to be a superstar?

Justice Winslow is a nice piece that does some things really well but will never be a star IMO...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BiTeMe UsAdOj

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Should have gotten hezonja, the good euro of this draft

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

This number 1 pick is awesome talent..great pick..knick fans..why listen to them of care

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He has to play though and learn on the job

It funny how guys must be projects..if they are good most players good right away

Most projects fail miserably..we will know next year if it was right pick

projects are a bailout term for a coward team

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

I jumped the gun. The upside is better than any other pick. I just don't want to wait for the maturation process. I expected better of Phil Jackson. Jackson also traded for Porzingis' teammate. The pick is great. Yet again, he won't be coming to the US for another 2 years. I'm not patient and Phil should've came up with an alternate plan after the lottery fiasco.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    I jumped the gun. The upside is better than any other pick. I just don't want to wait for the maturation process. I expected better of Phil Jackson. Jackson also traded for Porzingis' teammate. The pick is great. Yet again, he won't be coming to the US for another 2 years. I'm not patient and Phil should've came up with an alternate plan after the lottery fiasco.
    I am really hoping the reason Phil did this was so Melo would get pissed off and demand a trade.
    If you think about it, if that's why he made that pick, it's genius.
    If not, hes a stupid fk who shouldnt be making decisions anymore in the NBA.
    Points Awarded:

will2survive gave BennyBigNuts 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Ra77er gave BennyBigNuts 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: will2survive

sandos139
    The Miami Connection
    sandos139's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was upset...being a knick fan for over 20 years, but at 7'1 this kid has tremendous upside...could end up being better than most guys in the top 10...but being NY, crowd doesn't know the kid so obvious reaction, we won't win 17 games next yr...well get closer to 30, still a tough road to make the playoffs....Phil needs to work some miracles in free agency this summer

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    I'm a big melon fan.
    Water or mango Jaker?

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    I am really hoping the reason Phil did this was so Melo would get pissed off and demand a trade.
    If you think about it, if that's why he made that pick, it's genius.
    If not, hes a stupid fk who shouldnt be making decisions anymore in the NBA.
    That's a good point. Phil couldn't possibly think that this would fit in with Melo's tenure as a Knick at 31. Maybe he want's him the fuk out. If so, that would be a spectacular move. I don't know how the financials work but New York has tons of cap space and the Knicks could get a legitimate player in return for Melo.

dawgs777
    dawgs777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1606

I am pretty sure phil jackson knows more about basketball then all of new York.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Phil Jackson is an idiot

He won with hall of fame players

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Porzingis and Grant interviews (radio) will be on WFAN today within the next couple of hours with Mike Francesa. Here's the link.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/category/sports/

Click on "Listen Live"

Porzingis at 4:45 pm ET

Grant in the 5 O'clock hour

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    That's a good point. Phil couldn't possibly think that this would fit in with Melo's tenure as a Knick at 31. Maybe he want's him the fuk out. If so, that would be a spectacular move. I don't know how the financials work but New York has tons of cap space and the Knicks could get a legitimate player in return for Melo.
    Didn't take long for an article about Melo whining.
    I really believe this is Jacksons plan.
    He knows he panicked last year giving Melo that money, and wants to force him out after watching him basically give up last year and not even try.
    Now Melo goes in and says get me outta here, the Bulls take him and we get something decent for him in return, and Phil gets an actual FRESH new start without Melo involved.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...ft-night-moves

htown1
    htown1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

guy is a bust already, who was the last Euro that could play defense? Only thing he will be good for is getting posterized like Shawn Bradley.

First 12