lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    cheers to the lakers fantastic offseason
    lakers for sure dont stay down for long
    get the limo ready for the parade guys !!!
    Looks like someone can't handle their booze

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

Guys we can breathe now. We got Lou Williams. Sorry Mo

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Sweet Lou. I expect him to be injured and out about half the laker games. Guy is made of sticks

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Sweet Lou. I expect him to be injured and out about half the laker games. Guy is made of sticks
    #TeamTank

All part of the plan

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

great, a Nick Young clone but shorter. horrific FG%, doesn't pass, can't drive, and is allergic to defense. 3 year fully guaranteed contract with no team option either. just when you thought the Lakers were starting to figure things out, they get Hibbert (with no other assets) and then do this.

what's the point in giving Kobe's back-up minutes to Williams when Clarkson and Jabari Brown should be getting them?

i've about had it with Mitch at this point. use to trust him implicitly, but he hasn't done a thing in many years and is clueless about team-building in this new age.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

As long as that base head Jimmy Buss is still around, I think you have to give Mitch a little leeway. That being said, they need to clean house.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

As a laker fan this is frustrating to say the least. This has nothing to do with people not wanting to play with Kobe now. We have the worst GM and owner in the league period. Now I know for sure not to look forward to next year as well.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Sources: Dallas engaging Lakers on sign-and-trade options for free agent Jeremy Lin. Mavs low on space to sign him to market-level deal.

What could go wrong?

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    As long as that base head Jimmy Buss is still around, I think you have to give Mitch a little leeway. That being said, they need to clean house.
    Jeanie is no better as this point either. I'm so sick of her repeated announcements that Jim will eventually resign and that Kobe will be a Laker as long as he wants to be. No potential FA will hold it against the Lakers if they refuse to bring him back next offseason. The whole world has already been laughing for years about his current deal.

I want them all gone at this point since they're basically enabling one another without even realizing it. I think the game has moved past Mitch, as he's still stuck in old school patterns and doesn't have the balls to tell ownership that a full rebuild is needed with at least 2-3 years of pure tanking. It's either that, or he himself doesn't even realize that this needs to be done.. an even scarier thought.

Scott is a truly horrific coach, but he's perfect for tanking so I don't have a problem with him sticking around. But only if it's clear that he's around for that 1 specific purpose. At least the Sixers are on the same page about what needs to be done. Lakers shouldn't be signing anyone for more than 1 year at this point unless they're 22-23 y/o. And they shouldn't be carrying anyone older than 25 on their roster unless they're a clear foundational piece.

The fact that the Lakers aren't doing that shows they either don't understand how to tank properly, or don't want to because they actually believe they can compete.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Guys we landed the big one!

Name:  bass.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  12.5 KB

First ... 2345