smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    Imagine Charles in the finals today....no one is getting a help block to stop a drive cold. Dude was a beast regardless of rings.
    He'd be a damn good role player in today's game.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

As far as competition, would the players on the '92 dream team beat a team of 5 players today?

Robinson/Ewing
    Malone
    Bird
    Magic
    Jordan

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    He'd be a damn good role player in today's game.

Exactly....it's sad that a damn good role player is hard to find in the NBA now.

raiders72001

Would the great Lakers/Celtics/Bulls teams beat the teams today?

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

We need to get rid of the force field around jordan. People act like nobody can ever be better than him.

Those same people neglect to mention when he was a bench warmer in washington.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Would the great Lakers/Celtics/Bulls teams beat the teams today?
    Theyd fukkin stomp teams today especially if they got to play by today's rules.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    that's your opinion, if he gets at least 6 or more, he'll be considered the best. we live in the "what have you done for me lately" era.

ask any nba player, past and present, besides kobe, and they'll say they would want to play with lebron james over michael jordan. why? because michael jordan was a fukking ball hog.
    So what are they playing for to have fun? Or do they wanna play with someone who is a winner? If any player chooses LBJ over MJ right now then they must have been/be bench warmers. I get it I'm just as young as some of you posters so it's hard to admit someone in the past is better than someone we get to watch in the present. But the only thing we can debate right now is there skill since LBJ still has many years ahead of him and can pass him in rings etc. if you can sit there and say LBJ is a better all around basketball player then MJ was then you are delusional and never watched the greatest of all time play.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by shady610 View Post
    We need to get rid of the force field around jordan. People act like nobody can ever be better than him.

Can't tell if serious.

meader99

Thats because nobody cares what he did when he was 40.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Guys, the argument is over.

Lebron James leaves teams and they fall apart.

Michael Jordan leaves teams and they're still competitive winning rounds in the playoffs.

Lebron is clearly the more important player.

Michael Jordan still pretty good, probably in the top 10, maybe top 15 of all time.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pronk

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Lol you kept saying rings matter and I ask a question you run lol. You say Oscar almost averaged triple double(he did it ), said he wasn't that good, said league wasn't competitive, so I ask about league during Magic's time, Magic almost averaged triple doubles numerous years and you run lol. Just trying to understand your mindset, not understanding it.
    is it that hard to comprehend why you're leading this discussion into a full retard mode? isn't it obvious when we are discussing about the "best", you have to at least be the best player on your own fukking team? or are you too dumb to realize this? i'm surprised you didn't bring up derek fisher also.

once you start being a full retard, the discussion is over. it has nothing to do with me running.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
    So what are they playing for to have fun? Or do they wanna play with someone who is a winner? If any player chooses LBJ over MJ right now then they must have been/be bench warmers. I get it I'm just as young as some of you posters so it's hard to admit someone in the past is better than someone we get to watch in the present. But the only thing we can debate right now is there skill since LBJ still has many years ahead of him and can pass him in rings etc. if you can sit there and say LBJ is a better all around basketball player then MJ was then you are delusional and never watched the greatest of all time play.
    what?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Guys, the argument is over.

Lebron James leaves teams and they fall apart.

Michael Jordan leaves teams and they're still competitive winning rounds in the playoffs.

Lebron is clearly the more important player.

Michael Jordan still pretty good, probably in the top 10, maybe top 15 of all time.
    top 15? he is definitely top 10 pal.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

I'll give him top 10.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Okay, Michael is in the top 10. Fine.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

one more thing, dominique wilkins won the dunk contest in 1988. jordan did the same dunk twice...

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

What did Lebron win before he went to Miami? Nothing.

Once there he rode the coattails of Wade to win championships.

Now he is back to sucking ass again.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: YouHave2outs

meader99

You guys are Hi-larious. The Bulls had a winning culture. They were good enough to make the playoffs without MJ. How many titles did they win without him? LeBron is a great basketball player, but if he were the messiah some of you claim him to be, why didn't he get guys to come to his team? He decided to get together with a couple of other stars and join another superstars team. He loaded his roster up and went 2-2 in the finals. Couldn't even imagine MJ, magic or Bird doing that. MJ's will to win is unmatched.

meader99

And just for the record, MJ would have made the winning jumper in game 1 and the winning layup in game 2. He would cut your heart out. James leaves it to Dellevedova.

DRB
    DRB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1278

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    what?
    Could you imagine anyone from the 70's or 80's trying to stay with someone with the speed of a Russell Westbrook?
    The game is so much faster and so much more jumping and speed dependent than 30 years ago.
    The amount of traveling allowed has become almost like ballet. If MJ and Lebron would be able to switch places,
    would the Bulls have won 6 championships ?

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    hadn't even won a single game in the finals in 7 seasons.

Now he is back to sucking ass again

jtoler

The new generation of kids, smh.

shady610

Can't tell if serious.
    im very serious. People act as if there is nothing lebron can do to pass him. Lebron is still the best player in the league. Maybe now lebron is behind him, but he shouldn't be dismissed like we can never see better than mj.

Ra77er

I do not dismiss his athletic freakness. Guy would probably beat anyone in any game given enough time. Having said that Jordan is another level.

jtoler

im very serious. People act as if there is nothing lebron can do to pass him. Lebron is still the best player in the league. Maybe now lebron is behind him, but he shouldn't be dismissed like we can never see better than mj.
    Nothing he can do bro I've had 12 years of material to "witness". He's not a better player than MJ. Maybe you're talking rings or something else, I'm just talkin about who's the better player.

shady610

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    I do not dismiss his athletic freakness. Guy would probably beat anyone in any game given enough time. Having said that Jordan is another level.
    But he is not. Its close. There is not enough to quantify that statement.

Take gretzky for example. His assists are more than others points total. That is another level.

Michael phelps is on another level.

Jordan is ahead of lebron but its not a huge gap. And lebron has time to pass him. We just have to see it play out.

jtoler

But he is not. Its close. There is not enough to quantify that statement.

Take gretzky for example. His assists are more than others points total. That is another level.

Michael phelps is on another level.

Jordan is ahead of lebron but its not a huge gap. And lebron has time to pass him. We just have to see it play out.
    Bro Im not talking accomplishments, I'm talking when Ive seen either play. He's not in MJ's league when I've watched them, I've seen both entire career. This has nothing to do with rings for me.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    You guys are Hi-larious. The Bulls had a winning culture. They were good enough to make the playoffs without MJ. How many titles did they win without him? LeBron is a great basketball player, but if he were the messiah some of you claim him to be, why didn't he get guys to come to his team? He decided to get together with a couple of other stars and join another superstars team. He loaded his roster up and went 2-2 in the finals. Couldn't even imagine MJ, magic or Bird doing that. MJ's will to win is unmatched.
    Well of course its hard to imagine since Magic and Bird's rosters were almost always loaded. Magic came in playing with Kareem, Bird - Parish, Mchale, Archibald....Lebron- Big Z. Common. And keep in mind Jordan never won anything until Pippen became a star.

Think Jordan is better...but I dont get why people still get on him for getting the hell out of Cleveland and wanting to play with other stars.

Ra77er

Bigtymer good post. I do think some of us should not be so critical of his choices of where to play basketball. Legit point imho

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Lebron has already shattered MJ in career triple-double games and their career PER are pretty close (Both 1 and 2 all time)....Will to win, tenacity, and all that is nice but it isn't the end all, be all in what makes a great player

It's a good debate but I feel like MJ supporters just completely dismiss Lebron as if it's not close and almost take the argument personally.....don't really give the guy any credit at all....Take shots at him that are just wrong and/or irrelevant in the argument.....Lebron supporters seem more level headed and open-minded in general. Of course all of these things are just observations I've seen over the years, and there are exceptions on both sides

You lose all credibility if you think it isn't close in my book no matter which side you're on

Easily the 2 best players I've ever seen and no one comes close.....Will be interesting if they both end with the same amount of rings

jtoler

Lol, go watch an MJ highlight vid younguns post them here then post Bron highlight vids. That's the problem, I can already tell most saying such weren't around to see MJ play. I've always said I don't compare these two its silly, different positions, styles, mentalities, body types, so why compare, its silly.

jtoler

PER lol, nerd. Do you have eyes.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

PER lol, nerd. Do you have eyes.
    I don't give a fukk about PER but it's just an unbiased tool to show the MJ guys that it's close even if it doesn't mean much

Highlight videos

Moron.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    I don't give a fukk about PER but it's just an unbiased tool to show the MJ guys that it's close even if it doesn't mean much

Highlight videos

Moron.
    I say highlight vids because obviously many here didn't see MJ play. No different than when I was coming up guys would say older cats were this and that, well I didn't really see them play but still didn't think they could be better than others. Yea PER is a flawed stat anyway.

raiders72001

Now he is back to sucking ass again.
    LeBron went to Mia when Wade was 29 and Bosh 26. They were in their prime. They lost to Dallas in the finals due to LeBron's 4th quarter play.

First 1234 Last