JoJo5473
    JoJo5473's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3046

The Cavs are a suprising 3-0 without Irving and Love this postseason

The Cavs beat the hawks in game 2 and 3 of the ECF without Irving, before that they routed the bulls in game 6 on the road with Irving playing only 12 minutes before leaving the game early in the second quarter, they started putting the game away after Irving's exit. So basically the cavs are 3-0 without both Irving and Love this postseason so far, two of those wins were on the road.

I am not saying the cavs are definitely able to pull an upset or even cover the spread in game 2 against the Warriors, because the Warriors are a completely different team from the bulls and hawks, and there is no doubt in my mind that the Warriors will eventually win this series, but game 2 might be a much closer game than people think. Plus the Warriors are 0-3 ATS for the 2nd game of each series so far this postseason, the reason might be that they tend to relax a little bit after winning game 1. I was going to bet on the Warriors but now I think it is better to just stay away from this game.
    Last edited by JoJo5473; 06-07-15 at 03:56 AM.

JoJo5473

Two articles on Cavs' success without Irving or Love.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....cart_big-photo

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2015/0...n-pretty-good/

In the 545 minutes Lebron James played this season without either Irving or Love, the Cavs won by a total of 149 points, which translates to winning by an average of +13.1 points per game, this is insane.
    Last edited by JoJo5473; 06-07-15 at 07:25 AM.

pixster
    pixster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5629

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo5473 View Post
    The Cavs beat the hawks in game 2 and 3 of the ECF without Irving, before that they routed the bulls in game 6 on the road with Irving playing only 12 minutes before leaving the game early in the second quarter, they started putting the game away after Irving's exit. So basically the cavs are 3-0 without both Irving and Love this postseason so far, two of those wins were on the road.

I am not saying the cavs are definitely able to pull an upset or even cover the spread in game 2 against the Warriors, because the Warriors are a completely different team from the bulls and hawks, and there is no doubt in my mind that the Warriors will eventually win this series, but game 2 might be a much closer game than people think. Plus the Warriors are 0-3 ATS for the 2nd game of each series so far this postseason, the reason might be that they tend to relax a little bit after winning game 1. I was going to bet on the Warriors but now I think it is better to just stay away from this game.
    Game 2: Irving-less stats is all the reason not to stay away. Instead, be Cavalier!

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13389

Did you see Irving stats on game 1 finals? You think delly can duplicate that?

pixster

Two articles on Cavs' success without Irving or Love.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....cart_big-photo

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2015/0...n-pretty-good/

In the 545 minutes Lebron James played this season without either Irving or Love, the Cavs won by a total of 149 points, which translates to winning by an average of +13.1 points per game, this is insane.
    Insane in the membrane. Cavs don't have to win, as indicated by the +8 to +7.5 in recent minutes...looks like a few other people are thinkin' the same thing.

JoJo5473

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    Did you see Irving stats on game 1 finals? You think delly can duplicate that?
    No Delly doesn't have to duplicate that, just like he didn't come close to duplicating that in the 3 games Cavs won without Irving and Love. The cavs are not considerably worse with Delly instead of Irving, they just play a completely different style of basketball. With that said, I am going to stay away from this game.
    Last edited by JoJo5473; 06-07-15 at 05:07 PM.

pixster

Quote Originally Posted by pixster View Post
    Insane in the membrane. Cavs don't have to win, as indicated by the +8 to +7.5 in recent minutes...looks like a few other people are thinkin' the same thing.
    Of course, winning puts an exclamation point on the matter.

Once the layers were peeled away, the truth was revealed. Next game, new set of layers.

JoJo5473

Cavs are 4-0 now without Irving or Love in the post season.

pixster

Cavs are 4-0 now without Irving or Love in the post season.
    Once the knee-jerk reaction to Kyrie's knee-jerk pushed the ats to +8, I was all in. No way I could stay away.

JoJo5473

Quote Originally Posted by pixster View Post
    Once the knee-jerk reaction to Kyrie's knee-jerk pushed the ats to +8, I was all in. No way I could stay away.
    Congrats

pixster

Thanks...though I'm not dropping my advance pix for each game here on SBR these Finals' games, I may drop an opinion quickie on a well thought-out random thread.

Stay in the game, be bold, think objectively, leave emotion out of it, spot the hype, compare the stats, and silently challenge the obvious lame threads.