will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Is Phil Jackson Looking For a "Yes Man" as Head Coach?

I think Derek Fisher was a nice complimentary player and leader in the lockeroom, but it's evident, even with the lack of talent, that he doesn't know how to consistently make substitutions and run a ball club. At times he looked lost last season. Phil Jackson has a loyalty to Fisher and I can't see him firing him, but Tom Thibodeau is a proven winner every season.

Could Phil co-exist with Thibodeau. I like Thibodeau's demeanor and proven track record. A way better fit for New York.

Any opinions?

htown1
    htown1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Fisher is under contract for 5 years at 5 mil. per year. He isn't going anywhere.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Fukk no. Phil can't make any more dumb moves. Knicks are in full rebuild. Thiibs is not a good coach. Phil and fisher need time. I find it pretty funny that everyone is writing off Phil.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Fukk no. Phil can't make any more dumb moves. Knicks are in full rebuild. Thiibs is not a good coach. Phil and fisher need time. I find it pretty funny that everyone is writing off Phil.
    Knicks have been my team for 4 decades. Not writing them off. I'm just not thrilled with Derek Fisher. I love it that Phil is back in New York. We need Jeannie Buss to keep making him happy-lmao.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Give fisher time. The knicks need time. I say in 3 years they will challenge. By then lebron will be heading south.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by htown1 View Post
    Fisher is under contract for 5 years at 5 mil. per year. He isn't going anywhere.
    Had no idea Fisher was making 5 mil per season? Wow.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The Knicks are finished there's no franchise anymore they have zero shot ever to be competitive

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19443

Of course he's looking for a yes man because he thinks he's a great coach and GM; he probably also intends to take over coaching duties as soon as (a huge if) they become contenders a la Riley in Miami.

jjgold

When Carmelo Anthony is your cornerstone you better hang it up

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by htown1 View Post
    You don't know the Knicks very well.
    They are probably still paying Isiah Thomas, Larry Brown, Woodson, and 3 or 4 other guys.

Tibbs is a no-brainer here.
    Fisher showed he wasn't ready and may not ever be to run an NBA team.
    Phil could easily pull the trigger.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Thibodeau reminds me of a heavy set Jeff Van Gundy. That said, after listening to Van Gundy on the telecasts, I never knew that he had such a great sense of humor. Breen, Jackson, and Van Gundy are a great trio. Jackson has to be dying inside because Golden State was his team. He turned that team around and Kerr is there and could get a ring. (Off topic). Golden State has been amazing, but with the will of Lebron James, I'm thinking LBJ will find a way to win the Finals. Kyrie is such a wild card here. Shumpert has flourished since he's been hurt.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

Phil Jackson REQUIRES a yes-man, because anyone coaching the Knicks is going to be forced to run the Triangle.

And as stated earlier, Fisher is under contract to do just that. He's merely a conduit for Phil's outdated system that is going to doom the Knicks for the next 5 years. So explain to me why Thibs would go there and why PJ would want him there when he already has exactly what he wants.

THE KNICKS ARE 100% DOOMED FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS, please understand this.

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22043

Phil Jackson is a total fraud. Can only win with MJ, Magic, Shaq, etc. Traded JR Smith and Shumbert away. If not for these guys Cleve would have been eliminated by Chicago. Great move Phil.

The Triangle is as old at Tex Winter. (93)

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

The Triangle worked -- back then. Phil did a great great job of putting the right people in place and managing them as human beings. His accomplishments should not be diminished one bit. I made the argument before that we get so ga-ga over stars like MJ and Kobe, that we never ask ourselves where they'd be without Phil putting them in the best spot to win. Neither one has a ring without him. None of us want to think that way because we have the brain of a One Direction groupee when it comes to athletes we love, but it's true.

But things change and evolve, and we've evolved past the Triangle now. Remember how dominant Buddy Ryan's "46" defense was back in the 80s? Nobody does it (at least not with any consistency) anymore. Games evolve.

When you have an irrelevant system in place, it doesn't matter who you have on your team anymore. Knicks are effed.

jjgold

Phil Jackson won because he had hall of fame players

he is a nobody like everyone else without hall of fame players

just fire him..he destroyed Knicks

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Dick View Post
    Phil Jackson is a total fraud. Can only win with MJ, Magic, Shaq, etc. Traded JR Smith and Shumbert away. If not for these guys Cleve would have been eliminated by Chicago. Great move Phil.

The Triangle is as old at Tex Winter. (93)
    The problem with JR is he is as dumb and black as they come, and only motivates to play when his team wins
    No heart, basically the biggest coward/pussy/thug in the NBA