Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Lets be honest, Lebron is a lot closer to Jordan and deep down you know it..LOL!!

What is occurring right now in the playoffs with Lebron at 30 years of age taking a D-League team to the finals for the 2nd time in his career is unprecedented...so much so that more and more people are starting to take notice...

The conversation has now moved from whether or not Kobe is better than Lebron to Lebron being better than Jordan...Kobe is no longer part of the conversation...as Lebron has now distanced himself from Kobe and is edging closer and closer to Jordan...individually Lebron is every bit the player Jordan was and more...

Rebounder
    defender
    Facilitator
    Play Maker
    Making players around him better

There is no facet of the game that Jordan does better than Lebron...we can say this now with authority...individually Lebron now eclipses him...Jordan could not guard 5 positions...when Jordan was kicked out of basketball for 2 years..Pippen and the Bulls still won over 50 games..the fiirst year and 47 games the following year...The Cavs and the Miami Heat both missed the playoffs the year after Lebron left and were lottery teams...no player in the history of the game has had this much an impact on a team....no player has ever reached 5 straight NBA Finals in the modern era...barring Bill Russel

Now lets not get carried away..LOL.... Career wise..JORDAN IS STILL KING...because of course he has 6 rings...and Lebron will not catch him in that regard...sorry folks i just dun believe that will happen...Lebron is already in the black in that department...

Unfortunately his finals record is what many will hold against Lebron when this comparison to Jordan is made...

Lebron is 2 and 3 in NBA Finals...Lost 3 out of 5 finals...

Jordan is 6 for 6....in NBA Finals

Buts lets examine those finals...

Jordan faced abysmal competition in the finals over the course of his 6 championships...None of these teams were all time great teams barring LA who fielded a squad composed of a over the Hill Magic Johnson...Showtime was long over by the time...the 91 finals rolled around....Not a single one of those Series went 7 games...Jordan's Bulls were the favorite in every single one of those NBA Finals...there was never a doubt as to who the better team was..

1991 - Los Angeles Lakers - 4-1 W
    1992 - Portland Trailblazers - 4-2 W
    1993 - Phoenix Suns - 4 -2 W
    1996 - Seattle Supersonics - 4-2 W
    1997 - Utah Jazz - 4-2 W
    1998 - Utah Jazz - 4-2 W

The Truth is..Jordan faced his fiercest competition in the 80's and failed miserably..because quite frankly...the competition was better...The Celtics, Lakers and Pistons destroyed Jordan time and time again...Jordan did not start winning rings until Bird, Magic and Isiah were either to hurt or old to compete...which brings us to Lebron history in the FINALS..Now lets keep one thing in mind...Jordan had been to 6 finals by the age of 36...Lebron including this year should he advance would have been to 6 of them by the age of 30.....this is GREATNESS we are witnessing...Now Lets Examine Lebron's Finals History...keep in mind

2007 - San Antonio Spurs - SWEEP !! L
    2011 - Dallas Mavericks - 4-2 L
    2012 - Oklahoma Thunder - 4 - 1 W
    2013 - San Antonio Spurs - 4-3 W
    2014 - San Antonio Spurs - 4-1 L

Now we can make the argument that the only time a Lebron lead team were the favorite heading into a Series Final was against the Mavericks...a team the Heat should have beat...but Lebron mysteriously "came up short"...the villain in that story finally got what was coming to him...hmmm....sure made the fans happy didn't it...?? lol

The Spurs were the better team in each and every finals they played Lebron in...and I will even make the argument that had that idiot Reindorf not chased Jordan and Phil out of Chicago right before the lockout in 98...the Bulls would have lost to Tim Duncan in 1999 as well....but that's neither here or there..lol

Yes Lebron has a negative record in NBA Finals Appearances...but the competition he faced was better...The Spurs are one of the greatest Dynasties in the history of the NBA...and there is no shame in loosing to them....Jordan faced his version of the Spurs in the 80's and was destroyed..by those Piston and Celtic teams...he caked walked to championships in the 90's....it goes both ways...

Lebron has now taken 2 separate Cavs teams with minimal talent on one...and an injury riddled roster on the other...to the NBA Finals...against competition that on paper is superior to what Lebron has to work with....the Golden State Warriors are the superior team...they are the favorite...if Lebron can somehow defeat this team...this puts him in a whole new stratasphere as far as his legacy is concerned...his finals record should not exclude him from being considered better than Jordan...it actually makes him a lot closer...!!!
    Last edited by Menses; 05-26-15 at 08:05 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ratzz

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

Spurs swept the Heat in 2013? I don't think so guy

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Time is Money View Post
    Spurs swept the Heat in 2013? I don't think so guy
    I fixed it....!!! Thanks lol

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

You are arguing with fickle sports fans just got their hearts wrapped too much in one guy or talking outta their ass. Fans who bring up rings for starters are idiots for most part. So many different variables and circumstances that got them those rings at that time. Everyone has "their guy" for me its Magic. But R.P. Is no fool and can be objective unlike most. All the greats Wilt, Jerry, Russell, Osacar, Magic, Bird , MJ, Kobe, Duncan , and now Bron to name a some of the most regarded elites all great in own way.

People overtalk this shit way to much with all the arbitrary , and mostly uneducated arguments due to the fact they don't see all the variables and or different nuances in each ones games or circumstances.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Thunder win was 4-1.

The main problem is that you could argue the only decent teams LeBron has ever faced have been the teams he's faced in the finals. Being 2-3 in series played against decent teams isn't great.

I mean who has he beat over the years to make the finals? Boston is probably the only fairly impressive one. The Bulls have had a couple of ok teams but they have zero pedigree. Pacers? lmao. Hawks? LOL. The Eastern Conference is such a fukking dump that you could probably put LeBron on any team and it would make them instant faves to win the East. Does testify to his greatness, true, but also to the abysmal weakness of the East.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Bron has lost a few finals. But one could also argue in two of those (Cavs,and last season) he was a one man army surrounded by limp dikks. Magic, Bird, Kobe also lost multiple finals but still all time top shelf baby! Not like Jordan was beating juggernaut champs in finals either. He beat an old tired Lakers team in 1st and after that who really?
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 05-26-15 at 07:40 PM.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

"Best" two Jordan ever beat were Lakers and Bad boys. L.A. was flat out getting old, and Detroit had been to several finals in a row and aside from being tired were about to combust. How many titles did Pacers, Knicks, Sun's, Blazers, Sonics, Utah win?? Yeah zero! Those were after all his main combatants. Not trying to knock Mike he's a greatest ever without question. Just sayin if you wanna knock holes in resumes even his airness can be had I'm sorry but all the MJ nutlickers who talk shit or look for holes in everyone else's credentials just got OWNED by Mad Mac yes sir
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 05-26-15 at 07:54 PM.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    You are arguing with fickle sports fans just got their hearts wrapped too much in one guy or talking outta their ass. Fans who bring up rings for starters are idiots for most part. So many different variables and circumstances that got them those rings at that time. Everyone has "their guy" for me its Magic. But R.P. Is no fool and can be objective unlike most. All the greats Wilt, Jerry, Russell, Osacar, Magic, Bird , MJ, Kobe, Duncan , and now Bron to name a some of the most regarded elites all great in own way.

People overtalk this shit way to much with all the arbitrary , and mostly uneducated arguments due to the fact they don't see all the variables and or different nuances in each ones games or circumstances.
    Well..there is an organized campaign out there to minimize the accomplishments of Lebron while enhancing the legacies of said favorite player ie Jordan,Kobe. I suspect certain people of a certain age feel like "their era" is being forgotten...and it is sad because..this is in fact what happens when we get older...the music, the pretty girls, the athletes and heroes you grew up watching are forgotten or perhaps ignored by the younger generation...I hate it..but that's how it is...Jordan fans in my estimation fit into this category...even Jordan himself...why on earth would anyone allow an article insinuating that a 52 year old MJ could still compete with Lebron...surface? What purpose does that serve except to continue shining and polishing a legacy that is already set in stone...?

What are these people so afraid of ? Lebron is not a shoot first player..like Iverson and Kobe were...this dude is as old school as they come...if you ask me, he was born in the wrong era...imagine if he could have played with his Mirror image..Magic...talk about showtime..

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Thunder win was 4-1.

The main problem is that you could argue the only decent teams LeBron has ever faced have been the teams he's faced in the finals. Being 2-3 in series played against decent teams isn't great.

I mean who has he beat over the years to make the finals? Boston is probably the only fairly impressive one. The Bulls have had a couple of ok teams but they have zero pedigree. Pacers? lmao. Hawks? LOL. The Eastern Conference is such a fukking dump that you could probably put LeBron on any team and it would make them instant faves to win the East. Does testify to his greatness, true, but also to the abysmal weakness of the East.
    Damn, the Thunder lost in 5? Blasted James Harden...lol..could have sworn it was 6...

You could make that same argument for Red Aurbach's Celtics, Birds Celtics and Magics Lakers...what other conclusion can you come to when the same 2 or 3 times end up in the finals year after year..? LOL....again..it goes both ways...If we are going to penalize Lebron because he faced "easy" teams in the conference finals...we must also lambast Magic and Bird for playing in what we all know was a rigged league full of lay down pretenders paving the way for what the public wanted to see..the great white hope vs the flashy negro with the kool-aid smile....lol..

We can do this all day.........LOL
    Last edited by Menses; 05-26-15 at 08:00 PM.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Why compare, two different positions and two different types of players.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    Damn, the Thunder lost in 5? Blasted James Harden...lol..could have sworn it was 6...

You could make that same argument for Red Aurbach's Celtics, Birds Celtics and Magics Lakers...what other conclusion can you come to when the same 2 or 3 times end up in the finals year after year..? LOL....again..it goes both ways...If we are going to penalize Lebron because he faced "easy" teams in the conference finals...we must also lambast Magic and Bird for playing in what we all know was a rigged league full of lay down pretenders paving the way for what the public wanted to see..the great white hope vs the flashy negro with the kool-aid smile....lol..

We can do this all day.........LOL
    I can only talk about James and to some extent Kobe. I wasn't born when Jordan won his first title not to mention Magic/Bird.

Yup Thunder lost in 5. Split at home then Miami won all 3 at home. I had Miami 4-1 +600 or +700

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Fukk all those dinosaurs and their small minded views trying to cling on to their youth with a last grasp lol. I'm almost 40 and if someone wants me to tell them bout the greatness of 80's or 90's I can go on forever or show you clips.

That's part of my point though Mensus fans have their guy or team and are hard headed. You are very much same way in finding ways to bash Kobe. Handful of your views are legit but most is hot air. Media feeds this hype mainly espn with their constant debates and it feeds into social network land. My point is why spend so much time comparing the impossible and just enjoy the moment? If Bron wins 8 titles it does not mean he's any better or takes anything away from guys like Magic, Bird or MJ!

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Why compare, two different positions and two different types of players.
    I have always agreed with this...career wise, the debate will be inevitable when you are as popular as both of them are...but from a basketball perspective...Magic, Pippen and Oscar are Lebron's contemporaries...not Jordan...

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

MJ swept in Finals

MJ hiding in Finals in 4th qtrs after putting together his own personal super team

MJ sitting idly by while his team is destroyed in 5 games... don't think so

MJ had to lead his team thru much stiffer competition in 90s just to get to the Finals, period... compared to the cakewalk LeBron has had last 5 yrs in bout 13 of 15 East playoff series.

if you r too young.. go youtube MJ defensive highlight videos... then his post play, then his CLUTCHNESS... then everything else in between

LeBron ain't even close... couldn't even get his 60+ win Cavs teams to the Finals, lost to old Celtics & the MAGiC?

LeBron told he was gonna be king from day 1... had to learn how to actually get to the top. To not shy from the moment. MJ the exact opposite... his whole reason for playing was to prove people wrong, to BE GREAT... to BE THE MAN, to BE in the SPOTLIGHT & own it. He was ready to mentally destroy you & physically destroy you on both ends of the court.

Of course those Pistons teams won in the 80s... MJ didn't have his sidekick Scottie there yet... NOBODY wins it all by themselves, EVER.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Uh that was part of my point Moron! Nobody wins it by themselves which explains his 1st loss with Cavs and last year pretty much with Heatles as well I already poked enough holes in MJ resume like you guys do to everyone else's. If anyone can go upstairs to post #7 and read try it

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Uh that was part of my point Moron! Nobody wins it by themselves which explains his 1st loss with Cavs and last year pretty much with Heatles as well I already poked enough holes in MJ resume like you guys do to everyone else's. If anyone can go upstairs to post #7 and read try it
    I wasn't replying to anyone person's post... just the thread title. Carry on. Cle bout to celebrate 2nd ever East title.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Yeah I know it's just MJ fans keep beating same dead horse. Anyway no need to debate any longer as I said most fans are fickle, already have their minds made up and will take it to the grave no matter what. Moron I've always respected and appreciate your input btw

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Yes I'm being a smartass but just to add a bit of humor. The "next " great could come along in a couple years, play with a bunch of scrub role players like Bron early on , with Jackson as coach, win 6 straight titles vs an all star team, and people would still say .....yeah but he only could do it with Phil coaching while wearing Air Jordan Nike's in all the series he ever won.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Yeah I know it's just MJ fans keep beating same dead horse. Anyway no need to debate any longer as I said most fans are fickle, already have their minds made up and will take it to the grave no matter what. Moron I've always respected and appreciate your input btw
    yeah, MJ gonna MJ

LBJ gonna LBJ... I live in Ohio, happy for my Dad, he gets another shot to finally celebrate some sort of title besides the Ohio State Buckeyes when they win lol

although he don't really root on LeBron the way he did from 03 to 2010

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

WOW.. what a POST!!!

Menses.. NAILING IT

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Were seriously having a Jordan / Lebron debate.

He is so good that we have to compare him to the greatest of all time just to make him look bad.

That should tell you something.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Menses, and Ratzz

jaytee20
    jaytee20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4030

LBJ's defense - against any position - is what singles him out.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post

He is so good that we have to compare him to the greatest of all time just to make him look bad.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post

Ditto this.

BIG TIME

LeBron Officially No.2 All-Time now

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

I've noticed that "All-Time" starts at 1990 in all these GOAT threads.