t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

...and it's absolutely sickening. All I keep hearing is that if LeBron just gets this team to the Finals then he's done a hell of a job and that his team will be overmatched no matter what.

BULLSHIT!

There's this assumption that the Warriors-Cavs matchup is inevitable. Okay, let's run with that...

Center - Bogut and Mozgov is a slight advantage to GSW. But not enough to really make a big difference. Both players are slugs. Bogut is a better passer and defender but he'll have his hands full on the glass.

PF - The Cavs are obviously short handed here without Love (assuming he's out for good). This is advantage GSW for sure with Green being able to stretch the floor and score. But his defense essentially gets wasted here on Thompson and if you look at the matchup closely, Thompson should once again own on the offensive glass with his height advantage just as he has all postseason. So although we can agree this goes to GSW, it's really not that great of an advantage.

SF - LeBron in a landslide here. I like Barnes but he will be overmatched here. GSW can go and switch Green onto LeBron which I expect they will but it won't make much difference. James would blow by Draymond.

SG - Klay Thompson wins this matchup over either Smith or Shumpert. I'd imagine Cleveland starts Shumpert based on recent games. But again, this is another matchup that is closer than you'd expect. Shumpert is a very good defender and can contest Thompson and make things tough on him.

PG - This is pretty close to a wash. Both players are capable of going off. Curry is the MVP this year but we all know Irving is a great player in his own right. We can give the nod to GSW but in reality this is about as close as it gets. The two most talented point guards in the game.

Bench - JR Smith is the best scorer BY FAR of anyone coming off the bench. Sure Iguodala can still defend pretty well but he's a bad shooter. Dellavedova and Barbosa cancel out which leaves David Lee - a guy who is no longer much of a factor in this league but can still score a few buckets in limited time.

So at the end of the day, is Cleveland shorthanded without Love? Of course. But let's not act like James was handed another team of drekk. There's a reason he went back to Cleveland. It gave him his best chance to win. And he's surrounded himself with a solid group of shooters like Irving, Smith, Shumpert and role players like Dellavedova who can knock down a shot and Thompson who can add possessions to a game which is crucial in postseason basketball.

If the Cavs make the Finals, there's no reason to expect they can't win. I don't want to hear about LeBron not having a good enough roster. It's complete and utter bullshit.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: lilpete

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

SF - LeBron in a landslide here. I like Barnes but he will be overmatched here. GSW can go and switch Green onto LeBron which I expect they will but it won't make much difference. James would blow by Draymond.

SG - Klay Thompson wins this matchup over either Smith or Shumpert. I'd imagine Cleveland starts Shumpert based on recent games. But again, this is another matchup that is closer than you'd expect. Shumpert is a very good defender and can contest Thompson and make things tough on him.

obviously. my 10 year old cousin knows klay > smith/shumpert and LB > barnes. you needed to make a thread to tell us this?

PG - This is pretty close to a wash. Both players are capable of going off. Curry is the MVP this year but we all know Irving is a great player in his own right. We can give the nod to GSW but in reality this is about as close as it gets. The two most talented point guards in the game.

this is even worse. irving close to a wash with curry? see stuff like this is what makes you an idiot.

curry is the mvp, in decent health now, basically at the top of his game.

irving on the other hand is playing on one leg. he was a bad defender before the injury. now he is like a traffic cone out there.

anyone who watched the bulls series knows that right now, irving is a shell of himself.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Zeta still following people

t-wizzle

Unreal. Zeta pops in and says what amounts to nothing.

This clown gets worse and worse by the day.

ZetaPsi808

said nothing ( )
    exposed you for the 17th time ( x )

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Just listen to curry. He is not ready to win the title. Come to think of it if gs played cle I would cheer for james for the first time in my life.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Shumpert is a much better all-around player than Clay Thompson it's not even close

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

Just don't bet on the hawks

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Excuse? Yeah like having most the best talent on your team hurt or out? How about if this guy has to carry this team and Kyrie can't give enough like he had to do with Miami last season he's been to 4 finals in a row!!!!! This "should" be his 5th final appearance straight which is a huge feat but very taxing. Sit down Wizzle!

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Excuse? Yeah like having most the best talent on your team hurt or out? How about if this guy has to carry this team and Kyrie can't give enough like he had to do with Miami last season he's been to 4 finals in a row!!!!! This "should" be his 5th final appearance straight which is a huge feat but very taxing. Sit down Wizzle!
    Right it's always LeBron "carrying" his team. He didn't do shit in Game 6 vs. Chicago. It wasn't even a case of him drawing attention away from the other players. Guys just made shots.

LeBron is a great player but I don't want to hear any excuses this year if they don't win. The Spurs were knocked out. That was the only team you could argue the Cavs should have been a sizeable underdog to.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

depending on how they do in this series..ill say golden state in 5 and clev in 6..id expect gs to be minuts 275 to win series without love

ZetaPsi808

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Right it's always LeBron "carrying" his team. He didn't do shit in Game 6 vs. Chicago. It wasn't even a case of him drawing attention away from the other players. Guys just made shots.

LeBron is a great player but I don't want to hear any excuses this year if they don't win. The Spurs were knocked out. That was the only team you could argue the Cavs should have been a sizeable underdog to.
    wtf is wrong with u
    since when is lebron supposed to win a ring every year
    no one except your dumbass would be shocked if the warriors win it all with mvp curry

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Wizzle I never said it's always Bron carrying his team. But last year Bosh , Wade, Allen were m.I.A. And if Bron doesn't carry a team he gets flamed for it. Guy really can't win no matter what. But if he loses to Atl which would be a sizeable IF in my opinion or even in finals. How does not having Love , a healthy Kyrie not a decent EXPLANATION not excuse? And factor in all the finals he's been to in a row that is taxing but nobody aside from R.P. has mentioned it. Don't care what anyone says if you think having joker journeyman like Thompson, Smith is enough without a healthy Irving your living in a dreamland.

I just hate the word "excuse" instead people should just think more and a little deeper about the big picture if you have any true sports knowledge. We're Clips a better "team".than Spurs? Most certainly not but it's justified and true in saying Spurs core is old, worn out from b2b postseason and didn't have quite enough gas ultimately to let a shitty Dipper squad squeeze by them BARELY I might add.
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 05-19-15 at 09:29 PM.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Hawks beat Cavs in 6.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

We in Cleveland NEVER make excuses. We play with the hand we're dealt, win, lose or draw.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    We in Cleveland NEVER make excuses. We play with the hand we're dealt, win, lose or draw.

Except when you're dealt a shitty hand and then decide to burn Lebron jerseys and throw a hissy fit...

OckertCR
    OckertCR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 823

Love out makes them better.

Have you guys not noticed how much better defensively they have been throughout the playoffs?

ZetaPsi808

Except when you're dealt a shitty hand and then decide to burn Lebron jerseys and throw a hissy fit...
    still better than philly fans cursing out santa claus

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    still better than philly fans cursing out santa claus
    When?

ZetaPsi808

When?
    philadelphia eagle fans guy

arent you from philly, how do u not know about this

http://profootballmock.com/santa-cla...rew-snowballs/

t-wizzle

philadelphia eagle fans guy

arent you from philly, how do u not know about this

http://profootballmock.com/santa-cla...rew-snowballs/

Hold on. You had to find a story from 1968? That's like 20 years before you were even born clown boy.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave t-wizzle 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ZetaPsi808

Hold on. You had to find a story from 1968? That's like 20 years before you were even born clown boy.
    sure why not. philly is still the same dump of a city. i would never live there

t-wizzle

sure why not. philly is still the same dump of a city. i would never live there
    Haha you don't know shit jersey boy.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Wizzle just give it up buddy. Saying Bron was hampered by a hangnail on his big toe for 2 games or didn't wear a headband is an "excuse". Saying he's short 1 of his big 3 and possibly a hampered 2nd while trying to carry this scrapheap on his back with 4 finals appearances in a row under his belt is justified reasoning not an excuse. Reality check! And yes he would have to carry this team who else is gonna lead Smith? Lol

t-wizzle

Wizzle just give it up buddy. Saying Bron was hampered by a hangnail on his big toe for 2 games or didn't wear a headband is an "excuse". Saying he's short 1 of his big 3 and possibly a hampered 2nd while trying to carry this scrapheap on his back with 4 finals appearances in a row under his belt is justified reasoning not an excuse. Reality check!

Irving might be a little banged up but who isn't? He's on the floor isn't he? That's all that matters.

I went position by position. How do you compare Cleveland's roster with anyone's and come to the conclusion that they are badly overmatched?

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19557

LeBron needs no excuse; get down large on the Cavs +1 tomorrow.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I think Hawks might sweep them it is a mismatch Atlanta can score at will.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

This is the best Cavs lineup he's ever played with, but it's not better than the Miami years.
    If what we've seen recently is the real deal, they will win the championship.
    Cleveland will raise the banner for first time in franchise history.
    Then also quite a few people can finally shut up about first-year coach Blatt.
    He deserves kudos here. Give the man his due if they make this happen.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Not making an "excuse" for Irving yet but he's hit/miss and could go down at any time. If his body breaks down and has to sit a couple games or simply plays like shit and has no mobility cause his ankle or knee is affecting him that much it's a problem. Hope he's good to go rest of way but either way win or lose I'm not an idiot and won't flame LeBron or make "excuses" even if he loses to Atl.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Rm18 you are simply adorable.....can I please be your bookie? Hawks sweep jesus is this an LB ghost or Skip Bayless stupid fukking ass? lmao:

ZetaPsi808

Not making an "excuse" for Irving yet but he's hit/miss and could go down at any time. If his body breaks down and has to sit a couple games or simply plays like shit and has no mobility cause his ankle or knee is affecting him that much it's a problem. Hope he's good to go rest of way but either way win or lose I'm not an idiot and won't flame LeBron or make "excuses" even if he loses to Atl.
    Wizzle just give it up buddy. Saying Bron was hampered by a hangnail on his big toe for 2 games or didn't wear a headband is an "excuse". Saying he's short 1 of his big 3 and possibly a hampered 2nd while trying to carry this scrapheap on his back with 4 finals appearances in a row under his belt is justified reasoning not an excuse. Reality check! And yes he would have to carry this team who else is gonna lead Smith? Lol
    both posters trying to explain to twizzle the importance of love, and irvings injuries.

irving is clearly injured. it doesnt take a doctor to realize that he is a shell of former self. this is different than typical bumps and bruises that every nba player has at this point of the season

how many people does it take to explain simple stuff to your dumbass??

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Who knows it's Wizzle Ebonics??

ZetaPsi808

Haha you don't know shit jersey boy.
    never lived in jersey but nice try

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

Atlanta will win game 1. I still don't think the cavs are getting by atlanta

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

1: lose ass & make new thread claiming it don't matter cause team x will win gm 7 anyways

2: go w/even bigger air bets in gm 7

3: lose your ass when team x loses gm 7

4: avoid thread after brutal defeat

5: hide for at least 24 hours

6: create new thread, even more stupid then last one... hope ppl forget bout you losing your ass

7: buy more air tanks for future air bets

8: rinse & repeat

123 Last