fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

NHL=continuous action on skates/NBA=annoying legal proceedings in pajamas

Washington in two playoff games tonight (g5 NBA, g7 NHL)

as pure spectacle: night and frackin' day

in this corner: frustrating overly-interrupted series of 50/50 decisions/calls/non-calls, leading up to dozens and dozens and dozens of damn-near meaningless points, broken up by time-outs upon timeouts and video-review upon video review

and in this corner: continuous end-to-end action where each and every goal/near-goal is crucial

i'll bet on basketball but i won't watch the horseshit...as spectacle it's worse than watching paint dry...it's like watching two colors of paint dry with arbitrary decisions somehow determining the "winner"...
    Last edited by fitguy67; 05-13-15 at 08:34 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Kindred

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

this washington game is fukin great best hockey ive seen all year.But i dissagree hockey is very boring most of the time same as NBA but this game 7 is must watch game.

fitguy67

most of the NHL playoffs have been good games...a very small percentage of them one-sided snoozefests (which outside of the clips/spurs series, describes damn near every NBA playoff game...)

NBA: where arbitrary annoying shit (and lots and lots of interruptions) happen...it's the playoffs, baby: but it's still uncompetitive, overly-interrupted crap)
    Last edited by fitguy67; 05-13-15 at 08:43 PM.

fitguy67

I got money on the caps here at +150...win or lose, i got great competitive spectacle...bets should magnify the enjoyment of something that's spectacular to start with...NHL >> nba in that regard

if i got a bet on baskets...all i get is pissed off at all the frackin' interruptions and arbitrary decisions (you could show 3 refs the same contact in the paint and you'll get offensive-foul/defensive-foul/no-call all in double-digit percent)...

seems as if the purpose of the NBA "product" is to generate controversy as a marketing strategy...while the NHL product seems to just naturally generate competitive action

just turn on the hockey game now...1-1, late in 3rd period..basically "next goal wins" from here on out...followed, if necessary, by truly-crucial "sudden death" overtime...NHL season is good, NHL playoffs are unbelievably so

relegate that basketball crap to scoreboard watching...NBA season is bad, NBA playoffs mercifully a bit less so
    Last edited by fitguy67; 05-13-15 at 09:13 PM.

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

that guy was picking teeth out his mouth holy fuk LMFAO

fitguy67

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill365 View Post
    that guy was picking teeth out his mouth holy fuk LMFAO
    toughest athletes on the planet: Ice-Hockey players, Rugby Players, MMA-fighters

Stanley Cup the toughest tourney on the planet: four 7-game series (with lotsa b2b's, 7 games usually spread out over 12-days max)...

the Cup isn't won by the best hockey team...it's won by the best hockey team that remains...when you get down to the semis there isn't a man on skates that isn't injured

faak...game 7s are great...OT is great...but game 7 OT's are off the charts great
    Last edited by fitguy67; 05-13-15 at 09:32 PM.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Idk both are pretty damn exciting right now. OT in game 7, tied ball game with 45 seconds left in game 5.

fitguy67

i got a bet of the same size on each of the WAS playoff games...

I am rivetted to this hockey game...and couldn't give 2 shits about the basketball game (apart from the $-effect of the result, lol)

fitguy67

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Idk both are pretty damn exciting right now. OT in game 7, tied ball game with 45 seconds left in game 5.
    I'm pulling for OT in the NBA game, got Hawks -7 and need more time for a run....but i'm not gonna leave the sudden death NHL game for that "squeak squeak...timeout...squeak squeak...video review" crap

fitguy67

ho-lee-fukkk...heart-attack pressure by caps

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Paul Pierce hit a HUGE 3 for Wash to take the lead with 4 seconds left. Then Al Horford came up big with a put back to win the game for ATL.

My wizards +4.5 live bet at start of 4th quarter won.

Now time to watch this OT NHL game for pleasure.

fitguy67

thanks, for that...makes this game all that more important for me, now...

time for the scrappy caps to kick off the 7th-game bugaboo (apparently, as a franchise they've been ahead 3-1 in a series 10 times and lost 4 of those series)...

they look the clearly stronger team on the ice for the time being...when Ovi's line is out there the 5 on 5 looks like a PP

fitguy67

with SDOT you can't/won't even go to the bathroom...afraid of missing something...great exercise for the prostate muscle, lol

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Rough night for DC

fitguy67

poor caps as a franchise have yakked up 5 series of the 11 in which they had a commanding 3-1 lead...

hell of a game...and damn is HL a clutch goal-tender (and made Ovi eat that "all series baby" taunt)

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey Fit are you involved in betting baseball at all this year, i know you were experimenting with
    dogs last season and seemed that you were fairly successful, haven't seen you in the mlb threads yet.
    As always good to see you around.