LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Gotta Give the Suns Credit

I am still in a state of shock right now!

This game was played at the Spurs pace, and the way San Antonio was stifling and frustrating Nash & Co. until the middle of the fourth quarter, I was not even worried and just chalked this game (and SERIES) up in the win column. Yet the Suns were still hanging around despite the style of play not being to their liking, and we all saw what happened in the end.

This is not the type of playoff game Phoenx would have won in past seasons, so maybe this team really IS coming of age? They even made some key stops on DEFENSE in the closing minutes!

Congrats to all you Suns backers.

I will now go lick my wounds and come back guns a-blazing tomorrow.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I couldn't believe that collapse either LT. That one had to really sting to lose it in that type of fashion.

I'm just wondering what type of potential suspensions were gonna see from the league for the next game in this series.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I'm just wondering what type of potential suspensions were gonna see from the league for the next game in this series.
    Surely none. If Davis didn't get suspended for his incredible cheap shot Sunday, nothing short of a literal fight will result in a suspension.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I disagree Razz. I'd be shocked if Amare and Diaw weren't suspended for Game 5. The league has always enforced this rule, and this time won't be any different.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rules are rules, but they seem to apply differently in the playoffs. 'Let them play' is an unwritten playoff rule.

Amare and Boris reacted emotionally. So what? They didn't get into a fight. Kind of makes you wonder that NHL players are fighting every other day on tv, but a NBA player is suspended for crossing a painted line after the game is already decided.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Common sense has to come into play at some point.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

They should NOT be suspended. Absolutely ridiculous if they do. Use proper judgment, let them play, and then revise the wording of the rule in the offseason.