Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

J.R. Smith puts NBA (Adam Silver) in a bit of a jam

Adam Silver in a bit of a spot here.. getting stretched two ways.

1) NBA WANTS LeBron in the Finals (revenue) Millions more will watch. rooting for and against.

2) you have to suspend JR Smith. but with Love out.. the additional hit
    with the absence of Smith... Cavs would be down TWO STARTERS.. vs. Bulls

that's a pretty big hit against a very good team (Bulls)

Chicago or Atlanta vs. a West team (GSW)
    would not generate NEARLY as much rev for the league

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

The Bulls, the team that sold the most jerseys in the NBA this season, Michael Jordan's former team, would not generate revenue for the league?

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    The Bulls, the team that sold the most jerseys in the NBA this season, Michael Jordan's former team, would not generate revenue for the league?
    what are you talking about ?!

Derrick Rose and LeBron are in two different categories of players.

LeBron is already in the "Top 10 All-Time Greatest" category.
    and Rose is not even Top 10 right now

please check your facts, sir

http://www.insidehoops.com/jerseys.shtml
    Attached Images  

Seto

"as of January 12, 2015".

I know for a fact the Bulls sold the most jerseys as of the end of the regular season. Saw it several times on twitter and shit.

So yeah, my facts are fine, thanks.

Obviously LeBron is the NBA's poster boy. But let's not act like the Bulls making the finals would be bad for them, they're a very popular as well. The Hawks or Wizards are a different story.

Ratzz

and since January 15th, the Cavs have been the best team in the NBA

this figure is from when they were dead cold

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    and since January 15th, the Cavs have been the best team in the NBA

this figure is from when they were dead cold
    So what? Doesn't make my statement any less correct. Your figure is from the 12th of January and is outdated. I don't see how their results have to do with anything. Why do people always have to convince themselves they're right even when proven wrong?

K.C. Johnson@KCJHoop 14 avr.
    NBA says Rose has 5th most popular selling jersey and Bulls most popular team merchandise for first time since 2011-12 season.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Adam Silver in a bit of a spot here.. getting stretched two ways.

1) NBA WANTS LeBron in the Finals (revenue) Millions more will watch. rooting for and against.

2) you have to suspend JR Smith. but with Love out.. the additional hit
    with the absence of Smith... Cavs would be down TWO STARTERS.. vs. Bulls

that's a pretty big hit against a very good team (Bulls)

Chicago or Atlanta vs. a West team (GSW)
    would not generate NEARLY as much rev for the league
    I thought of this as well Ratzz...If Silver and the corporate interests he serves wants Lebron back in the finals...the JR and Love issue just made that reality harder to achieve...but if it is to happen...JR cannot be gone for more than 2 games.....and the refs will have to get involved...Chicago is a public team...there is a nice story line going with Rose who is facing adversity which always sells...and Lebron could use a break....Rose has just enough star power that the NBA may very well tolerate the bulls getting there this year..but Rose could go down anytime...and that would spell disaster from a ratings stand point..who wants to stick around for the credits when they already know the ending?..LOL

Lebron is indeed the bigger draw as u said...Lebron in the finals with his homecoming story line is 30 for 30 type material....Silver may not be able to resist.....

I do know this much..If The Cavs are knocked out or are in danger of being knocked out...there is no way in hell Silver will allow the Spurs to advance to the finals..Golden State is their meal ticket..Clippers are the back up choice..The 6 you call when the 10 star knockout isn't answering her phone..LOL...the coronation of Stephen Curry who has a great story line and the MVP trophy being polished for him as we speak....are enough incentive to see to it....that the Spurs falter at some point perhaps this week...the league will not risk it..so Clippers probably advance..as GSW cannot beat the Spurs....but are fully capable of smashing the Clippers...

Setting up a match up involving the Bulls or the Cavs...the Hawks will not be allowed to advance...which is why the conference finals in the EAST are 2 weeks earlier this year....lol
    Last edited by Menses; 04-27-15 at 06:39 PM.

Ratzz

"as of January 12, 2015".

I know for a fact the Bulls sold the most jerseys as of the end of the regular season. Saw it several times on twitter and shit.

So yeah, my facts are fine, thanks.

Obviously LeBron is the NBA's poster boy. But let's not act like the Bulls making the finals would be bad for them, they're a very popular as well. The Hawks or Wizards are a different story.
    lol.. Twitter (pay special attention to the first four letters of that word)

if the Cavs were No.1 before they went on that insane run.. what do you imagine happened thereafter?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21401

Golden State vs. Chicago would be good. Steve Kerr against his former team. Would generate plenty of interest. Lebron and Cleveland not going anywhere. Why give them the Finals the first year. Gotta make em earn it.

terrortwylight
    Get Action
    terrortwylight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

Relax ladies.

Let's keep it to useful information. How does any of this back and forth bullshit about twitter help us make money?

nelsonrc24
    nelsonrc24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1089

So what? Doesn't make my statement any less correct. Your figure is from the 12th of January and is outdated. I don't see how their results have to do with anything. Why do people always have to convince themselves they're right even when proven wrong?

K.C. Johnson@KCJHoop 14 avr.
    NBA says Rose has 5th most popular selling jersey and Bulls most popular team merchandise for first time since 2011-12 season.

Yup, Bulls leading.

Right here

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...straight-year/

Ratzz

lol.. yeah i saw it..

what was not reported was that most of those jerseys are in Derrick Rose's garage

Seto

lol.. Twitter (pay special attention to the first four letters of that word)

if the Cavs were No.1 before they went on that insane run.. what do you imagine happened thereafter?
    I don't know if you read your own posts sometimes. You're so caught up in your delusional world you don't seem to even think sometimes which you should be capable of. This is even worse than the other day when you were bashing Anthony Davis for missing a key free throw and thus not being an MVP-caliber player, when your buddy LeBron is probably one of the worst free throw shooters among MVP candidates year in, year out. And yeah he misses them in the 4th too sorry.

It's not like I quoted some random Joe on twitter. You could've actually clicked on the link and seen who I was quoting before embarrassing yourself.

And I'm not responsible for what shirts people decide to buy, sorry. Unfortunately you can't always trace it back to results.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by terrortwylight View Post
    Relax ladies.

Let's keep it to useful information. How does any of this back and forth bullshit about twitter help us make money?
    If a thread doesn't interest you don't open the thread. Simple.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2258

Stupid thread. Cavs aren't beating the bulls period. It's like people don't watch the nba. Cavs win next year they aren't winning shit this year. I don't care what you're thoughts on revenue it's not happening. It's like I said the beginning of the playoffs spurs vs gstate and hawks vs bulls. All predetermined. Then from there it's a little bit up in the air. There's no point even watching these playoffs until then

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

So the far inferior Bucks/Nets taking these clowns to 6 or 7 but Cavs don't have a chance is the consensus I'm noticing on sbr. Give me a break lol! More than likely they both advance to rnd 2 but let's pump the brakes a bit. Even if Bulls/Hawks both move on the dogs are doing Cavs a huge solid here pushing them to the limit.
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 04-28-15 at 08:38 AM.