nktmpp
    nktmpp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5439

FNGs NBA picks

I tried the college thing, but I've never seen so many Rondo caliber free throw shooters....so, no thanks. I will give this NBA thing a try for the remainder of the season posting usually 3 to 5 plays a day usually. All plays are 1 unit unless specified something else. By no means should you tail, but input and thought are encouraged. BOL to everyone.

2/25
    Min -1.5
    Chi -7.5
    Sac +7
    Lac/Hou under215
    Por -3

nktmpp

adding

Mem/Sac under 200
    NYK/Bos under 197

meyer0416
    meyer0416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7154

Take on wolves besides Garnett's homecoming?? Wizards need a win worse than the wolves need to make Garnett feel welcomed with a win

nktmpp

For basketball, i like to look how the public has been betting, and any time 60% or more is on the underdog, makes me like the home favorite. Totally agree with you that washington needs a win, but with the way the line opened, for me, it's Minn or no play.

smize
    smize's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Quote Originally Posted by nktmpp View Post
    For basketball, i like to look how the public has been betting, and any time 60% or more is on the underdog, makes me like the home favorite. Totally agree with you that washington needs a win, but with the way the line opened, for me, it's Minn or no play.
    That's a terrible way to decide what to bet on. The wizards will light them up tonight.

nktmpp

Quote Originally Posted by smize View Post
    That's a terrible way to decide what to bet on. The wizards will light them up tonight.
    When Washington played at Charolette on Feb 5, the line opened exactly like it is now, them +1.5...just like this game, there isn't any reason for Washington to lose and if the line was Washington -3ish, i'd be on that. If i lose, I lose, can't win em all, but for me, its Minn or nothing

smize

SplashBros15
    SplashBros15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 324

I would take the exact opposite of all of your picks lol. How could you have confidence in Minnesota they are the most random team in the NBA. Also Washington is bound to win eventually and this is defenitely a game they can win.

smize

Quote Originally Posted by SplashBros15 View Post
    I would take the exact opposite of all of your picks lol. How could you have confidence in Minnesota they are the most random team in the NBA. Also Washington is bound to win eventually and this is defenitely a game they can win.
    Exactly.

nktmpp

lol, well, one of us would have a good night. Honestly, it isn't about confidence in Minny, its my interpretation of the line. for me, it really makes no sense that minny is favored...capping the game...i'd think a lot of people would have washington winning by at least 6 or 7. line as it is...and what i've seen in the past, makes me thing minny is the sharp side. either way...BOL to ya

smize

lol, well, one of us would have a good night. Honestly, it isn't about confidence in Minny, its my interpretation of the line. for me, it really makes no sense that minny is favored...capping the game...i'd think a lot of people would have washington winning by at least 6 or 7. line as it is...and what i've seen in the past, makes me thing minny is the sharp side. either way...BOL to ya
    I understand your side too, BOL buddy!!

Mcducky
    Mcducky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 252

^^ Agreed as far as your line interpretation goes.

I would bet Minny or stay away, and this will be a stay away game for me.

SplashBros15

what do you guys think about Clippers+3 and also Nets Moneyline?

Also I think Charlotte will cover against Bulls, with no rose. Bulls play really bad at home sometimes its hard to predict who will show up.

smize

I think nets moneyline is great. They should come out with the win. They have been doing great on the road lately. And their next to road games will be too much for them . So they will need to pick up this second road game in a row. Take the nets!

SplashBros15

I dunno man Nets have ****** me over so many times lol. They are also on one of my most RANDOM TEAMS LIST. Eric Gordon and Tyreke Evans scare me. Nets should win though.

nktmpp

what do you guys think about Clippers+3 and also Nets Moneyline?

Also I think Charlotte will cover against Bulls, with no rose. Bulls play really bad at home sometimes its hard to predict who will show up.
    I agree with the Clipps, that was how i was leaning, but its a stay away game for me. Over the past few years, the bulls have gotten use to playing without Rose, but they still have Butler and Gasol...i think they got enough fire power left to win a home against Charlotte. they are rather unpredictable though, so its basically tossing darts.

SplashBros15

hey dont mean to rub it in but horrible pick with minnesota lol good thing i took the wizards

smize

duh, i dont understand what these people are thinking making such horrible picks on here...

SplashBros15

why is d wade and miami so garbage?

smize

are they playing like shit?

SplashBros15

yea they are soo bad! They are getting beat my the Magic. I usually never touch any games with Miami but for some stupid reason i took them today because ppl were so confident in them on this site

PREMOSIX
    PREMOSIX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2483

Memphis under i like

smize

dam, i cant believe they lost either... sorry man

nktmpp

2/25 Results:

Min -1.5 W
    Chi -7.5 L
    NYK/Bos under 197 L
    Lac/Hou under 215 push
    Sac +7 W
    Mem/Sac under 200 W
    Por -3 W

Overall 4-2-1

Started off not great, but ended rather nicely. Will try again today in a lil while...but first things first....COFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

nktmpp

2/26
    Cle -3 (bought the hook)
    Suns +5

Will have one more play later on.

PapaRidge
    Update your status
    PapaRidge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Why do I see so many people on the Suns? I am trying to understand what it is I am missing here. They have been playing terrible (anyone can beat Denver) and are playing on short rest. Is this just the belief that OKC has to fade eventually without KD and here on the road that is expected to happen? I feel like OKC is playing great ball especially with the addition of Kanter. I lost my ass with Memphis but can get back to even with a good win tonight. Planned on hammering OKC but you are all making me nervous as heck.

nktmpp

Quote Originally Posted by PapaRidge View Post
    Why do I see so many people on the Suns? I am trying to understand what it is I am missing here. They have been playing terrible (anyone can beat Denver) and are playing on short rest. Is this just the belief that OKC has to fade eventually without KD and here on the road that is expected to happen? I feel like OKC is playing great ball especially with the addition of Kanter. I lost my ass with Memphis but can get back to even with a good win tonight. Planned on hammering OKC but you are all making me nervous as heck.
    I could see OKC blowing em out of the water..specially with how they have been playing as of late. two reasons I'm on the Suns. first, last time they played, OKC won by 3 in OT with Durant at home. Granted, the line ups are different and i agree about Kanter. Second reason, and the biggest. The numbers i currently have from sportsinsights, the public is all over OKC...83% of the best as im typing this. Any time I see anything over 75% and little to no line movement, i fade the public. doesn't work every time, but enough for me to go with the Suns tonight. I know that doesn't really answer anything definitively for you, just my way of thinking. Either way, whatever you decide, BOL

nktmpp

by the way, just an FYI...the only reason i was on the Kings last night over memphis, the public was 76% on memphis...fading the public has its moments. That much action on the favorite, but the line barely moved all night.

PapaRidge
    Update your status

I appreciate the insight as to your thought process. With the line falling under 5 I'm thinking I may tease OKC down to an effective pck em. I find it very intriguing that the line is shrinking here. Concerns me betting on OKC some. OKC is the flashier team and I know a lot of people will be on them tonight without any clue as to what the lineups are. I was thinking this should have moved to 6.5 or 7 by tip. I wish I had played Sacramento last night and hope that I won't regret it two nights in a row. I've had 5 4-team parlays collapse on the final pic in the last 2 weeks. Need to just leave it to 3-teamers. lol. BOL tonight.

smize

by the way, just an FYI...the only reason i was on the Kings last night over memphis, the public was 76% on memphis...fading the public has its moments. That much action on the favorite, but the line barely moved all night.

16kredit
    16kredit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4644

OKC is rested, Suns played last night at Denver. But yea lol, public all over OKC, no reason to back the suns----> meaning Suns somehow backdoor maybe.
    Im just scared because Tuesday all the favourites covered, and the public was heavy on their sides. Squares heaven was it. Not sure if its a good spot to be "sharp"

nktmpp

Quote Originally Posted by 16kredit View Post
    OKC is rested, Suns played last night at Denver. But yea lol, public all over OKC, no reason to back the suns----> meaning Suns somehow backdoor maybe.
    Im just scared because Tuesday all the favourites covered, and the public was heavy on their sides. Squares heaven was it. Not sure if its a good spot to be "sharp"

Its def the scary side to be on, and it doesn't always work out...but, i don't have to win 100% percent of them to make a profit. having been stationed in OKC for a few years, im actually an OKC fan...so im ok if they win. Im not trying to convince anyone they should be one way or the other...just simply my way of being a degen

PapaRidge
    Update your status

Question,... I noticed there was a bunch of money early on the Suns ML but OKC heavy on the spread which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Since it opened the ML has gradually moved to an almost even split whereas OKC still has about 85% of the spread... Could the line not have moved due to the heavy Suns ML money? Would that effect the Spread and be the reason we haven't seen the line move here at all? Otherwise I think I have to start believing that these games are rigged in some fashion.. "refs last night were terrible for Memphis and controlled a lot of the momentum" Thoughts?

...If you haven't noticed, I'm trying to find an excuse to play OKC. lol

nktmpp

Quote Originally Posted by PapaRidge View Post
    Question,... I noticed there was a bunch of money early on the Suns ML but OKC heavy on the spread which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Since it opened the ML has gradually moved to an almost even split whereas OKC still has about 85% of the spread... Could the line not have moved due to the heavy Suns ML money? Would that effect the Spread and be the reason we haven't seen the line move here at all? Otherwise I think I have to start believing that these games are rigged in some fashion.. "refs last night were terrible for Memphis and controlled a lot of the momentum" Thoughts?

...If you haven't noticed, I'm trying to find an excuse to play OKC. lol

Honestly, i never even look at the ML percentages, only the spread. i don't play many ML in basketball, so i couldn't give you a good answer for your question. There are def a lot sharper minds on this forum than me. maybe someone that reads this can help with your question.

if you aren't comfy either way...there isn't any shame in sitting out the small card. they are both pretty tough calls tonight...spreads and totals. whatever you do...BOL

nktmpp

adding:
    No. Colorado -8

Thats gonna be it for the night

Stay classy San Diego

12 Last