stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32267

^
    Tony Parker is 6' 2"

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

I been telling y'all for 2 months now that Russell is the best player in basketball.

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Quote Originally Posted by HardCore View Post
    I been telling y'all for 2 months now that Russell is the best player in basketball.
    lol. as a joke?

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by HardCore View Post
    No he's not

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Dude, he's a career double/double.
    He averages 18 a game, 10 assists a game, unbelievable assist to turnover ratio, hits his free throws, is around 40 percent from three point land.

That's trash?
    There isn't one coach in the NBA who would take Chris Paul over Russell Westbrook.

Chris Paul is not a winner.

No particular order

curry
    Westbrook
    Wall
    Parker
    Kyrie
    Lilliard
    Lowry
    Conley
    Teague
    >

Paul

stevenash

^
    Westbrook has how many rings?
    Before you tell me someone is not a winner, that someone should have a ring, don't you think?

Now I am not telling you Westbrook is shit, he is not, Westbrook is a better scorer, I'll even give you better rebounder, Paul is the superior passer, Paul makes far fewer mistakes.
    Two different PG's.

If I'm drafating and you select Paul over Westbrook, believe me I am not crying because I have to 'settle' for Westbrook.
    Here is the list of PG's that are on the same tier as Paul.

Westbrook, Curry, maybe Dame Lillard. That's it.

Wall isn't elite (yet) he's still a kid.
    How many years has Irving been getting it done? 6 months is the correct answer, he's had a monster 6 months, and not before LBJ had to sit him down and explain things to him
    You would draft Conley over Paul? Really?
    Conley is a nice PG, and a nice fit for the Griz, he's not really a scorer, 13 or so a game, he's not really a disher, and he turns the ball over much more than Paul, I like Conley, he's got that amazing crossover, I love to watch him break ankles, but Kemba is a devastating ankle breaker too, and he's not even close to Paul Westbrook or Curry.
    Teague? You would draft Teague over Paul? Teague didn't become the PG he is until Coach Bud took over.

Here are your three elite PG's
    In no order

Westbrook
    Paul
    Curry

I might argue Curry ahead of Paul, maybe.
    After those three, you can start your second tier with

Lillard
    Lowry
    and the rest.

Before you claim Paul is not a winner, please tell me what exactly has Westbrook won?
    If I want a scoring, high volume shooting, a little better rebounding PG, but coughs up the ball twice as much, I want Westbrook.
    If I want a truer PG, that rarely coughs the ball up, that is deadly behind the arc, that makes all his free throws, I want Paul.
    But, before choosing one of the two, I would also have to look at Curry not once, but three times too

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Lol lowry is not in the top 5 he had a good run but is getting worse wall is arguably number 1.

stevenash

^
    Wall is on his way to becoming a tep ten great PG.

My favorite was Steve Nash, the greatest I ever saw was John Stockton.
    Most underated of all time was Denis Johnson.

Holtgetsback

Chris Paul blows another one

Mike Conley obviously better than Chris Paul

jsdjason
    jsdjason's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

James Harden MVP, no question.

Holtgetsback

Can everyone acknowledge Chris Paul is all fluff and no substance

smh

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13365

CP is still a top 3-5 point guard, yea he lost a game but big deal, you win some you lose some. I bet hes building a bridge right now

Harden is MVP right now, Westbrook a close 2nd, Klay T is making a case too

IamsoBurnt
    IamsoBurnt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 429

matt bonner for MVP

the_orangekat
    the_orangekat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

^He said BONER.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

^
    Before you tell me someone is not a winner, that someone should have a ring, don't you think?

Now I am not telling you Westbrook is shit, he is not, Westbrook is a better scorer, I'll even give you better rebounder, Paul is the superior passer, Paul makes far fewer mistakes.
    Two different PG's.

If I'm drafating and you select Paul over Westbrook, believe me I am not crying because I have to 'settle' for Westbrook.

How many years has Irving been getting it done? 6 months is the correct answer, he's had a monster 6 months, and not before LBJ had to sit him down and explain things to him
    Conley is a nice PG, and a nice fit for the Griz, he's not really a scorer, 13 or so a game, he's not really a disher, and he turns the ball over much more than Paul, I like Conley, he's got that amazing crossover, I love to watch him break ankles, but Kemba is a devastating ankle breaker too, and he's not even close to Paul Westbrook or Curry.
    Teague? You would draft Teague over Paul? Teague didn't become the PG he is until Coach Bud took over.

In no order

Westbrook
    Paul
    Curry

Lillard
    Lowry
    and the rest.

Before you claim Paul is not a winner, please tell me what exactly has Westbrook won?
    If I want a scoring, high volume shooting, a little better rebounding PG, but coughs up the ball twice as much, I want Westbrook.
    If I want a truer PG, that rarely coughs the ball up, that is deadly behind the arc, that makes all his free throws, I want Paul.
    But, before choosing one of the two, I would also have to look at Curry not once, but three times too
    of course no mention of defense and Westbrooks quickness on defense which causes all kinds of havoc for teams. Paul defense stinks and when he starts to get embarrassed he resorts to cheap shit because he can't control himself. Not positive on this but didn't Westbrook get a steal near the end of a playoff game where people were saying it might have been one of the greatest play's in NBA history?

Holtgetsback

Quote Originally Posted by Holtgetsback View Post
    There isn't one coach in the NBA who would take Chris Paul over Russell Westbrook.
    Can SteveNash come admit I am right?

Probably not because of his self inflated ego and "forum pride."

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

^

Two different PG's.

In no order

Westbrook
    Paul
    Curry

Lillard
    Lowry
    and the rest.

Rings are overrated when debating a players legacy. Rings are won by great teams, not great players.

Many players end up with overblown legacys because they were on a team that won a championship

Look at Barkley, Malone and Stockton, All 3 great players, HOF potential

Now lets look at Derek Fisher, Robert Horry and Caron Butler

All 3 have rings, the first two have multiple rings but none are near as good as the first 3, they just got lucky to be on better teams

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

In reality James should be the mvp every year but maybe this year though give it to Curry although Harden and Westbrook playing fantastic

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Curry will likely get it, not only b/c he has a fantastic season but also b/c he half-white and a lot less ghetto than Harden/RW/LBJ. The public adores him for that. NBA needs an MVP with tremendous PR appeal.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    In reality James should be the mvp every year but maybe this year though give it to Curry although Harden and Westbrook playing fantastic
    We can agree there

First 12