Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Al McMordie: Suns & Spurs Under 205

Suns & Spurs Under 205

Game Time: 5/8/2007 10:35:00 PM -
    By: Al McMordie
    http://www.bigal.com

The Spurs and Suns lit up the scoreboard in Game 1, but with the total set five points higher tonight and the expected coaching adjustments expected, Under is the play in Game 2.

Although the first game was played at the Suns' pace, head coach Mike D'Antoni and Steve Nash lamented after the defeat that Phoenix did not play with the necessary energy and urgency on defense.

Similarly, the Spurs made several mistakes on defense, mainly in the first half, and I expect Gregg Popovich to focus on that in the Spurs' practice and film session. The two keys for San Antonio on Sunday were Tony Parker and Tim Duncan. Frankly, nothing Phoenix has on its roster will limit Duncan, but the Suns might try to put Raja Bell on Parker, as Shawn Marion was repeatedly burned on Sunday.

Because of the unexpected offense generated by both teams on Sunday, the Game 2 total is set five points higher than the number in Game 1, and I feel that there is some nice value in playing the Under here.

Play: Spurs, Suns Under 205

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is a tough one for me big Al.

This total throughout the whole series is going to be a real question mark IMO. However tonights matchup I can see go under, because you know coach pop should try and play more of a half court game in order to slow down the game in order to take the Suns out of there game.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I like the under as well. SA had success in Game 1 playing at the Suns preferred pace, but I don't think they want to continue playing like that. 205 is too high for any game involving the Spurs.

Hulu
    Hulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I like the under here myself.

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Over203.5

Damn...it's cold out here all alone!

I like the Over tonight......might be wrong but I don't see SA slowing PHX down enough....they will have to keep pace in scoring & I believe they know that.
    PHX will be hell determined to run their pace & I believe they'll show a sense of urgency in not wanting any of SA@Hm with a 2 game lead. SA is fully capable of running PHX's pace as they have already demonstrated. I just don't think PHX is going to let their game get dictated by SA, PHX wants their minimum 100 & SA will be right there with them at the end.....I don't see any blowout of DD's tonight.

Taking another shot w/the Over. Hopefully I won't have to pull my foot out of my mouth.

SA/PHX Over203.5

go pistons
    go pistons's Avatar Become A Pro!

OVER

Phoenix will dictate tempo tonight as they really MUST WIN. I teased it down below 200 so I feel confident in that

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

I feel like gambling tonight, just took the spurs at ml +220. Just dont have a feeling either way on the over under.

later

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nevadaside View Post
    Damn...it's cold out here all alone!

I like the Over tonight......might be wrong but I don't see SA slowing PHX down enough....they will have to keep pace in scoring & I believe they know that.
    PHX will be hell determined to run their pace & I believe they'll show a sense of urgency in not wanting any of SA@Hm with a 2 game lead. SA is fully capable of running PHX's pace as they have already demonstrated. I just don't think PHX is going to let their game get dictated by SA, PHX wants their minimum 100 & SA will be right there with them at the end.....I don't see any blowout of DD's tonight.

Taking another shot w/the Over. Hopefully I won't have to pull my foot out of my mouth.

SA/PHX Over203.5
    Well, it's really stuck, hopefully I'll have it out by GS/UTAH tip off. Talk about being........WWWRONGGGGGGG

Good call Al.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Good call, Al.