seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Never did get a LeBron vs Kobe Finals. Who will rank as the greatest of their era?

When it's ALL said and done. I think LeBron will have the better stats, rings, and greatest legacy when neither LeBron or Kobe are playing in the NBA. My vote for LeBron. You have to be speedy Gonzalez to add a poll now. Damn

LeBron

Kobe

Duncan

Shaq

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

I've never considered Lebron and Kobe to be in the same era. You had Bird, Magic, and Jordan. Then you have tge Kobe, Shaq, Duncan era. Then Lebron's draft class started the next era.

Lebron will have better stats than Kobe, however Lebron's legacy has already been damaged in this highly media scrutinization era. Lebron needs to win another 3 titles without losing to even be in the legacy convo with Kobe. Just look at Lebron's actual finals record (11-17).

I rank Duncan then Kobe, then Shaq in that era.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Kobe was only best in the league one year. He cant touch the others mentioned
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ratzz, and Menses

mintpicks79
    mintpicks79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 326

If Lebron played with an all time great center at the beginning of his career he would have 3 or 4 more titles... I like Kobe as well. Like comparing apples and oranges.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    I've never considered Lebron and Kobe to be in the same era. You had Bird, Magic, and Jordan. Then you have tge Kobe, Shaq, Duncan era. Then Lebron's draft class started the next era.

Lebron will have better stats than Kobe, however Lebron's legacy has already been damaged in this highly media scrutinization era. Lebron needs to win another 3 titles without losing to even be in the legacy convo with Kobe. Just look at Lebron's actual finals record (11-17).

I don't consider Jordan a part of the Bird and Magic era. Bird was done by the late 80's even though he played with a bad back, and Magic retired at 32 in his prime or right after his prime.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mintpicks79 View Post
    If Lebron played with an all time great center at the beginning of his career he would have 3 or 4 more titles... I like Kobe as well. Like comparing apples and oranges.
    Lebron is a talent MAGNET

Kobe is a talent REPELLANT.

Kobe only has 5 because SHAQ won 3 for him.. if Kobe NOT on those 3 Laker teams..

Lakers WIN ANYWAYS.

let us NOT FORGET THAT SHAQ won ALL 3 FINALS MVPs for those. All three.

Shaq 3

Kobe 0

people throw around 5 Rings like it was Kobe who won all the Finals MVP for those.

in that first one vs. The Pacers

SHAQ averaged 38 pts/Game

Kobe 13 pts/Game

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    What and the fawk are you smoking... Who the hell was better than Kobe from 2004-2010 enlighten me. And Ratzz people can't ever take you serious you only post about how much you hate Kobe. You're bringing up finals MVP like shaq really would have won any rings without Kobe you can't really be this stupid.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Something about Bean's game just never attached to me like it did most, apparently.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    When it's ALL said and done. I think LeBron will have the better stats, rings, and greatest legacy when neither LeBron or Kobe are playing in the NBA. My vote for LeBron. You have to be speedy Gonzalez to add a poll now. Damn

LeBron

Kobe

Duncan

Shaq
    Kobe and Lebron are basically in the same era...Lebron is only 6 years younger and has now spent 11 plus years in the league with Kobe..11 all star selections together...Lebron has won 4 MVP's while Kobe is still in the league...2 of them while Kobe was still in his prime..and 2 of them during the Laker Championships runs of 2009 and 2010...Lebron won MVP's during his Championship years..Kobe did not...largely in part because Lebron is in the league...and the voters aren't blind...a stunning indictment...if you ask me...

Lebron has already had the better career but this is merely speculative...it will be official when the Cavs win the title. He may never catch Kobe in the rings department as the CBA and league parity will bring an end to dynasties...however this should count as no such slight to Lebron as Kobe was fortunate enough to have played with Shaq...which garnered him 3 rings despite being a mere sidekick.

Shaq was Bosshogg, Kobe was Sheriff Rosco ...just along for the ride..In actuality, they currently have the same number of rings...which is two...but the Lebron also gets the slight nod here...as Pau Gasol carried Kobe to the 2nd ring...Lebron and Wade were partners...Lebron was Bo Duke, Wade was Luke Duke...

* Lebron made his teammates better
    # Kobe made his teammates worse
    * Lebron took an average Cleveland team to the finals in 2007
    # Kobe despite having Gasol and Howard on the same team needed the refs to push them into the playoffs in 2012
    * Lebron pass and shoots# Kobe just shoots
    * Free agents take less money to play with Lebron
    # Free agents take less money to not play with Kobe

I could go on and on but you get the point...
    Last edited by Menses; 02-08-15 at 07:18 PM.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
    What and the fawk are you smoking... Who the hell was better than Kobe from 2004-2010 enlighten me. And Ratzz people can't ever take you serious you only post about how much you hate Kobe. You're bringing up finals MVP like shaq really would have won any rings without Kobe you can't really be this stupid.
    Lebron was the better player by 2007....and by better, I mean not only physically but also mentally, as he understood the game on a level Kobe never learned...Lebron was the basketball professional...Kobe was the streetballer....It took Lebron 4 years to earn a trip to the finals in 07, virtually by himself....It took Kobe, a rape trial, a temper tantrum which included a threat to go to the Clippers or Chicago, Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum and Phil Jackson coming out of retirement to get Kobe back to the finals...and the refs chipped in where need be...Shaq did win rings without Kobe...he won them with Wade and almost with Penny Hardaway...Kobe needed Gasol/Bynum just to make it out of the first round in 2008...

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post

LeBron

Kobe

Duncan

Shaq
    Oh this is a easy one...LOL...Lebron has already had the better career but this is merely speculative...it will be official when the Cavs win the title. He may never catch Kobe in the rings department as the CBA and league parity will bring an end to dynasties...however this should count as no slight to Lebron as Kobe was fortunate enough to have played with Shaq...which garnered him 3 rings despite being a mere sidekick. Shaq was Boshogg, Kobe was Sheriff Rosco ...just along for the ride..In actuality, they currently have the same number of rings...which is two...but Lebron also gets the slight nod here...as Pau Gasol carried Kobe to the 2nd ring...Lebron and Wade were partners...Lebron was Bo Duke, Wade was Luke Duke...

# Kobe despite having Gasol and Howard on the same team needed the refs to push them into the playoffs in 2012
    * Lebron assists and shoots
    # Kobe just shoots unless forced to do otherwise
    * Lebron makes the right basketball play
    # Kobe makes his own basketball play

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Lol cba will bring an end to rings. I guess the spurs have been able to circumvent the cba right rat and mental?

Kobe was way better than James in his prime. James couldn't even hit a free throw in clutch time.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    Oh this is a easy one...LOL...Lebron has already had the better career but this is merely speculative...it will be official when the Cavs win the title. He may never catch Kobe in the rings department as the CBA and league parity will bring an end to dynasties...however this should count as no slight to Lebron as Kobe was fortunate enough to have played with Shaq...which garnered him 3 rings despite being a mere sidekick. Shaq was Boshogg, Kobe was Sheriff Rosco ...just along for the ride..In actuality, they currently have the same number of rings...which is two...but Lebron also gets the slight nod here...as Pau Gasol carried Kobe to the 2nd ring...Lebron and Wade were partners...Lebron was Bo Duke, Wade was Luke Duke...

* Lebron assists and shoots
    # Kobe just shoots unless forced to do otherwise
    * Lebron makes the right basketball play
    # Kobe makes his own basketball play

Ya let's not mention lebron having to team up with 2 all stars just win a ring.. You are such a fawkin idiot it's hilarious. You wanna talk about Kobe needing players to win rings how ironic. Seeing how the best basketball player to walk the earth needed Scotty pippen to win a ring. And then you wanna mention MVPs?? Steve Nash won 2 with lebron in the league what's your fawken point? Kobe has hit how many game winners while lebron will either choke or pass it up. Please never mention anything basketball related again you have shown how much of an idiot you are.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Shaq was definitely bosshog=dumbfukk.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Agree, with you on Lebron not being part of that era.

Also agree with the Duncan, Kobe, Shaq ranking.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

This is year 11 of them playing in the league together

I think that alone constitutes them being considered in the same era

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Agree Kraken! I usually always find these "greatest ever" debates pretty dumb and pointless. But if your not gonna consider Kobe/Bron is same era why put MJ in with Bird/Magic? He was never really a rival of either even though Bulls /Celts had a few postseason games but Celts always won so not really a rivalry. Met Magic once in nba finals but Magics Lakers were at finish line of a great run and ready to pass torch. Both legends ready for tee time and retirement when MJ finally kicked his legacy into full gear and winning titles.

MJ came into league 5 years after Bird/Magic very similar to Kobe/Bron. But at end of day who cares?!? Both all-time great future hof's. Bout the only facts you cannot dispute are LeBron was more ready coming into league and had more to carry on his shoulders with a much inferior roster/coach surrounding him. And Bron is all around more versatile skilled player, and better teammate. Kobe had a few clutch moments but never all that great in crunch time he had Horry/Fish knocking down many of those gm winners!
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 02-08-15 at 10:43 PM.