View Poll Results: Who will advance to the WCF?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warriors 4-0

1 3.85%
  • Warriors 4-1

2 7.69%
  • Warriors 4-2

7 26.92%
  • Warriors 4-3

3 11.54%
  • Jazz 4-0

1 3.85%
  • Jazz 4-1

2 7.69%
  • Jazz 4-2

8 30.77%
  • Jazz 4-3

2 7.69%
    rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Warriors vs. Jazz

Teams split their four meetings in the regular season, with each defending their homecourt.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

I voted Warriors 4-1.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jazz 4-2

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Warriors in 6 (though if Davis can't keep up with his hammy, all bets are off)...

When evaluating this Warrior team it is important to look only at the current incarnation of the team. The first two meetings between Utah and GS were played prior to the trade for Jackson and Harrington. The Warriors put up 126 points against Utah in April at GS, and lost by 4 in late March at Utah--a game in which Utah played one its most complete games.

-Utah shot 53% from the floor (to GS's 45%).
    -Utah attempted 30FT's (to GS's 17) and had a 10 point advantage at the stripe.
    -Boozer put up a 25-21-5 effort and Deron Williams put up a 10-5-17
    -Stephen Jackson had a horrible game and fouled out.

Now, looking ahead to this series, I see a supremely confident Warrior team playing against a Utah team who should be overwhelmed by the speed difference between Houston and GS. Utah should hold a huge advantage on the boards, but if GS scores 100 against them, they'll have to execute to near perfection to win (as they did in that Mar. 20 game). I see GS taking game 1 as Utah is simply not used to the speed after that grueling Rockets series, and taking both home games to be in position to win in 5. They'll take it in 5 or 6.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

great analysis Baba, I agree with you here completely. GS in 4.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why did Golden State match up so well with Dallas? They were more athletic. They were better coached. They had a much better point guard. Dallas couldn't exploit their lack of interior defense. The Jazz are the opposite on every count.
    Golden State absolutely has to hope Utah has a hangover from Game 7 tomorrow night, and then they have to win all three home games. I don't think either will happen. Jazz in 5.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Jazz matchup so much better against GS then the Mavs did! Deron Williams will be able to put pressure on Baron Davis and also force him to play some defense... The big question for the Warriors is can Al Harrington show up? They really need big minutes from him because Bedrins cannot guard Mehmet Okur outside... Harrington better step up the offense and be prepared to guard Okur all over the court... This should be a great series... I vote for the Warriors in 6... They will win one of the first 2 games in Utah I believe and defend the homecourt again! However, the Spurs will slam them in the West Finals, IMO! This should be a great series!!!

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

IMO....if GS plays their game @ their speed & Davis doesn't turn the ball over too much with his erratic handling at times, then this one will be close. UTAH plays with more "calculation" it seems, but I'm not sure they can handle GS's many talents......who will hopefully keep cool heads even if faced with adverse circumstances. If I play this first game, I have to take GS+4, simply because UTAH will not be adjusted to the blitzkreig b-ball that GS should bring out of the gate

I honestly can't form a "solid" lean on how many games & all that, although I do think GS will be playing SA (PHX backers relax), but if I had to I would say it goes to game 7. I think it said a lot for UTAH's current focus, determination & "team" attitude to go to HOUSTON & win.

This is all just an "opinion".....so no one get their freakin panties in a big old bunch about anything I said.

This series should be really good & can't wait for it to start.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

i'd have to give the edge to the jazz in this one. they seem to have turned it around. plus, they won't be caught off guard...i think dallas underestimated GS. Jazz won't make the same mistake. Jazz in 6

shrax4
    shrax4's Avatar Become A Pro!

The And 1 Basketball team vs the well coached Jazz... I vote Jazz 4-2.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jazz in 7

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Jazz in 7. I was surprised to see I was the first person to vote for this, so apparantly EaglesPhan did not enter his play in the poll...LOL

This is just one of those series where it would not shock me if the home team wins every game.

BadAzz
    BadAzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

Jazz in 6.

adriano
    all-in
    adriano's Avatar Become A Pro!

GS in 6.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

1. Jazz -131 to win series
    2. GS +121 to win series

I like the Jazz in 6 games.

Junkyard Dog
    Get up and Get it
    Junkyard Dog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1707

Warriors in 7

Zikaris
    Zikaris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

GS in 6

This couldn't possibly be more of a miss match. As a warriors fan I was watching that game 7 and cheering for Houston.
    Last edited by Zikaris; 05-07-07 at 03:50 PM.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Zikaris View Post
    GS in 6

This couldn't possibly be more of a miss match. As a warriors fan I was watching that game 7 and cheering for Houston.
    Yes, if Houston would have won that game, I would have predicted Golden State in 6. And, while they can win this series, they will have to play nearly flawlessly to do so. As you say, this is a terrible matchup, pretty much the worst matchup they could have been dealt.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4327

Warriors in 7.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

The Utah Jazz are now -960 to win this series. Looks like the Jazz in 5 games was the correct number.