gridironguy
    gridironguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Played Chicago +145 to win the series over Detroit

I think they match up very well. I think they have a great chance to steal game 1 in detroit. Then they lose game 2. Sweep the next 2 at home for a 3-1 lead. Lose game 5 in Detroit, and then finish off the aging Pistons in Game 6.

Chicago over Detroit in 6 games, that's my pick.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck, if they can find any inside scoring they can certainly do it.

gridironguy

Thanks Razz. Doesn't look good at the moment. Detroit is playing very inspired right now and it appears that Chicago's success against them in the regular season has got their attention.

Adjustment time early for the Bulls.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I wouldn't count the Bulls out of it yet. They play strong in 4th quarter. The Bulls have more guys to rotate.

go pistons
    go pistons's Avatar Become A Pro!

More than who????? Are you watching the same teams I am!! The Stones are much deeper and much better offensively and have much more experience.

Razz

I'll be hammering Chicago in Game 2.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I made a small play on the Bulls +145 for the series as well. Even after getting blown out tonight, I still like their chances, and I agree gridiron, they match up well against DET. They looked terrible tonight, particularly Gordon, who couldn't hit anything from outside, but I would be shocked if they didn't play much better in game 2. They win the next game, and they're in great shape.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

still like that price after game one...made a small wager on chicago taking the east (+420) because honestly, i dont see either NJ/CLE beating whoever comes out of this series.
    Last edited by tevari; 05-06-07 at 10:10 AM.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

If you loved the Bulls at +145, then you should love them more at +265. I still like the Pistons in this series but Chicago still has a chance.

go pistons

NOT A CHANCE!!! Pistons are better at every position, better defensively and have more experience, it will be over in 5 after they win tonight and take 1 in Chicago if not both after taking the life out of the Bulls tonight.

I believe the Pistons will win it all, got them at 9-1 early in the year before D-Wade got hurt at Bodog and Im loving it right now

gridironguy

If the Spurs make the finals against the Pistons, I'll take the Spurs to do what they did back in 2005 -- beat the Pistons.

go pistons

Based on what you have seen from Detroit so far in the playoffs I don't know how you can say that. San Antonio is a great team, but lets be honest about who is playing better basketball right now.

go pistons

but hey at 9-1 Im in heaven right now with that wager I placed! Gotta give me that man!

gridironguy

Let's wait and see. The Pistons were great in 2004, 2005, and 2006, but only have one championship to show for it. I realize you love your team, but I have no feeling either way about them. I am a fan of the individual players on Detroit, but time will tell if they are good enough to win it again.

They smashed my Lakers in the 2004 playoffs and I give them a lot of credit for that.

I give them very little credit for beating Orlando, and *some* credit for what they've done so far in the Chicago series. But the Eastern Conf is so weak, it's tough to gauge just how good they really are right now. I'm not sure if this team is as good as the 2004 and 2005 editions, who were incredibly strong teams.

Time will tell.

gridironguy

At the very least you will have a very nice hedge with your 9-1 ticket.

That was a GREAT bet, regardless if it cashes or not. If they make the Finals, I will be curious to see how you hedge it. You should make some good money even by hedging...

go pistons

C'mon, they were a bonehead mistake by Sheed in 05 from going back to back, I WAS THERE, right behind Kid Rock!!!!

They are better right now than any of those teams because of there versatility on offense and depth of their bench. This not just being biased. I knew at some point last year having Ben would catch up with them because he wanted to be part of the offense. The Pistons play there best against the best. Smacked the Suns by +20 in Phoenix this year, beat Dallas in Dallas. I truly believe they can win it because of how weak the east is and how tough it will be for the other teams to get through the west. San Antonio or Phoenix is going to be gassed after this series and then have to go thru the W. Conf. Finals before they see Detroit. Detroits gonna smack the Bulls, MAY SWEEP, and then have to play Cleveland who they absolutely OWN. You can forget the 7 game series last year, they killed them in games 1 + 2 and then pretty much hit a wall from the starters playing the entire year. Go back and look at what Detroit does against Cleveland year round BEAT DOWN!!!! I respect your pick of San Antonio but if David Stern has anything to do with this the Finals will never have the Spurs and Pistons in the it again!!!! GL, I look forward to continuing this debate throughout the playoffs!!

GO STONES!!!

Razz

Well, this might be a lost cause. I definitely think the Bulls will win Game 3, but probably lose Game 4. Even if they win both, I have a hard time seeing the Bulls steal one in Detroit.

LargeMouthBass
    LargeMouthBass's Avatar Become A Pro!

Put a fork in this one... the Pistons move on.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I underestimated the Pistons perimeter defense. They are too athletic for Chicago, and Gordon and Hinrich can't get any open looks. I think the Bulls will make this series competitive, maybe even winning the next 2 at home, but they aren't winning in Detroit.

Spurs/Pistons in the finals....SA in 6.

Tchocky

Quote Originally Posted by gridironguy View Post
    I think they match up very well. I think they have a great chance to steal game 1 in detroit. Then they lose game 2. Sweep the next 2 at home for a 3-1 lead. Lose game 5 in Detroit, and then finish off the aging Pistons in Game 6.

Chicago over Detroit in 6 games, that's my pick.
    Do you still like Chicago? I see the Pistons winning in 4 or 5 games. Looks like everybody gave the Bulls too much credit after they swept the Heat.

go pistons

SWEEP!!! Chicago will shoot better at home and Pistons won't shoot as well but it won't be enough.

gridironguy

It doesn't look good, but then again, Detroit dominated the first two games vs. Cleveland last year and that one turned into a 7 game series.

I think Chicago can win both at home. If it happens, their confidence will be back and look out in Detroit in Game 5.

Detroit, based on last year's crumble, should not be trusted just yet. Let's see what happens game by game. If they win in 5, I'll be one of the first ones to give "Go Pistons" and his Pistons their props.

gridironguy

Quote Originally Posted by go pistons View Post
    SWEEP!!! Chicago will shoot better at home and Pistons won't shoot as well but it won't be enough.
    I will be extremely surprised if this is a sweep. You are wearing Blue and Red goggles right now, I'm not.

Chicago will play much, much, much better at home the next 2 games.

go pistons

me too actually, im still sticking with my 5 but wouldn't be surprised if they sweep, the main reason the Bulls are so bad right now is because of what the Stones are doing to them and thats not gonna change

go pistons

DO NOT BASE THIS PISTON TEAM ON LAST YEARS!

Honestly if thats why you may take the Bulls in game 3 you're nuts. Not let down here, No Ben Wallace crying this year, No tired starters! IT'S OVER IN 5 MAX!

gridironguy

GP, a few posts above you said "SWEEP!!!", now you've gone to "IT'S OVER IN 5 MAX!".

I cannot guarantee that Chicago will win one or both upcoming home games, but what I can guarantee is that the level of play by the Bulls will be much, much better than they showed in Detroit. They played two of the worst games they have played all season, and a big part of that was Detroit's intensity and level of play.

Don't be surprised at all if Chicago wins Game 3, and don't be surprised if they carry the intensity and confidence over to Game 4. This series can easily end up tied 2-2 and you and your boys will have to sweat a little bit :-)

go pistons

Yes I did, but you pointed out that I ORIGINALLY SAID 5 so I didn't want to go back on what I said. If I was allowed to pick now after two games, I would say SWEEP. Man, you are sensitive about this! JK MAN!

You are forgetting something man, THE PISTONS ARE THE BEST ROAD TEAM IN THE NBA! IT'S NOT GONNA BE PRETTY!

But hey, it's your money so keep putting it on the Bulls so if they get lucky one night you can say I told ya so.

Im sorry, Chicago is dead in the water man, trust me I watched this same problem with BEN WALLACE and having no inside game on offense in the playoffs for the last couple of years. With the Stones not having to worry about the paint they can shut down the guards WHICH IS THE ONLY REASON CHICAGO WINS AND WITHOUT THEM THEY SUCK!!!

go pistons

[QUOTE= If they win in 5, I'll be one of the first ones to give "Go Pistons" and his Pistons their props.[/QUOTE]

See you said it, so I didn't want to go back on what I said

gridironguy

I had Chicago +5 small in game one, then I got wise and took Detroit -5 medium in game two.

I still believe the situation is not as secure as you think. I think Chicago is gonna play like their hair is on fire when they get back to the Windy City.

gridironguy

You're reminding me why I don't frequent internet boards as much as I used to -- homers make me root against their teams with a passion!

How in the world did you get over it when the Miami Heat completely bitch-slapped your Pistons in 6 games last year?
    Last edited by gridironguy; 05-08-07 at 08:17 PM.

go pistons

like anybody else would BUT wouldn't you have thought that after getting blown out in game 1? It's over sorry dude, Pistons are going to the Finals and WINNING IT!

gridironguy

The 2 best teams right now are no doubt the Pistons and the Spurs.

SBR_John happens to be a huge Spurs fan, but he's so humble that he makes me wana root for the Spurs even though I'm a life-long Laker's fan who has always disliked the Spurs. That's what the humility of the Spurs fans does to people.

You are showing no such humility for your team based on your predictions and your complete dismissal of their opponents, both current and future. Do as you please. You're making a huge anti-Detroit fan out of me and it will make their dismissal from the playoffs that much more enjoyable!
    Last edited by gridironguy; 05-08-07 at 08:20 PM.

go pistons

Oh my, dude Im being totally sarcastic, thats how I am, sorry I forgot you can't tell. I love my Pistons and want them to win badly. Sorry, they are gonna roll thru the Bulls and probably the Cavs and then the Finals is gonna be hell. I just WANT them to win, specially since I got them at 9-1. Sorry for defending them man.

By the way, how many times have you even stuck your neck out on a limb to take a chance of having someone laugh in your face, you don't so don't get mad at me for doing so. I THINK THE PISTONS WILL WIN IT and I told you that, no reason to get mad about it or laugh in my face about it if it doesn't happen. I will still be here posting and so will you. I am having a great time conversating with you about this.

gridironguy

GP, I like you and I think you have a strong knowledge of the game, but if I wanted to listen to homers all day I would go to the team message boards for the Pistons, etc. Instead I come here to get some objectivity. Lack of objectivity will destroy a sports-bettor, you know this.

Detroit was a GREAT pick the first two games, but I do not believe they are a great pick in Game 3. Win or lose, it doesn't matter, it's all based on historical perspective of a good team coming home at 0-2. Chicago will give MAX effort and for that reason I believe they are the play.

Tchocky

Bulls are now +560 to win the series. They might have some value considering a series doesn't really start until one team wins on the road but the last two games have been decisive wins for Detroit. Can't see the Bulls winning more than one game let alone the series.

12 Last