seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by gridironguy View Post
    I think they match up very well. I think they have a great chance to steal game 1 in detroit. Then they lose game 2. Sweep the next 2 at home for a 3-1 lead. Lose game 5 in Detroit, and then finish off the aging Pistons in Game 6.

Chicago over Detroit in 6 games, that's my pick.
    I took Miami +120 in round 1 versus the Bulls for the same reason. I think you are headed down the same road I did, a total collapse in judgement.

gridironguy
    gridironguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

No seaborn, Miami in round 1 was simply a bad pick. Pardon my forwardness, but it was a bad pick. I picked Chicago to win that series in a bracket pool I was in and did not even think twice about it. There was nothing about Miami that told me they had what it takes to make a playoff run this season. The Bulls on the other hand, have made the playoffs for the third year in a row and have been steadily on the incline.

After Chicago swept Miami 4-0, and with the fact that they had a 3-1 record vs. Detroit on the season, there was every reason to believe that +145 had value coming into the series vs. Detroit.

Of course, two blowouts later, and we're all geniuses.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

No seaborn, Miami in round 1 was simply a bad pick. Pardon my forwardness, but it was a bad pick. I picked Chicago to win that series in a bracket pool I was in and did not even think twice about it. There was nothing about Miami that told me they had what it takes to make a playoff run this season. The Bulls on the other hand, have made the playoffs for the third year in a row and have been steadily on the incline.

After Chicago swept Miami 4-0, and with the fact that they had a 3-1 record vs. Detroit on the season, there was every reason to believe that +145 had value coming into the series vs. Detroit.

Of course, two blowouts later, and we're all geniuses.
    Again, as I said before. A total collapse in judgement. Your pick was no better than my Miami, and even more shocking.

gridironguy

Hindsight is always 20-20.

Spanks
    me pee pee
    Spanks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Hindsight is always 20-20.
    STFU DUMMY

TheProphet
    TheProphet's Avatar Become A Pro!

After the picks have been made and their are losers someone will always say obviously a bad pick. I picked the Pistons in this series and to go all the way to the finals I thought. Miami played good down the stretch heading into playoffs and the Bulls hadn't been to the second round since 1998 how betting Miami there is a stupid pick is beyond me stupid comment trying to make your pick in the second round sound better. Detroit has been to the Eastern Conference Finals 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006 lets see their team has 2 trips to the finals in that stretch and 1 NBA championship. Taking the Bulls ML now who are just happy to finally be out of the 1st round doesn't seem like as good of a play. Everyone can talk about the regular season all they want, but bottom line is in the postseason the Detroit Pistons come to play basketball at +145 against a team that plays that good in the postseason the number has to be higher to take.

gridironguy

Prophet, at +145 I felt it was worth a shot. You're right, they've dominated the Eastern Conf for 4 straight years in terms of getting to the Conf Finals, but last year they showed signs of decline, the way they allowed Cleveland to take the series to 7, in fact almost losing Game 6 in Cle down 3-2 and facing elimination. Then Miami smashed them in the East Conf Finals.

Plus, I believe Skiles is a superior coach to Flip Saunders. It was worth a shot to me, but obviously has not/will not work out.

gridironguy

I felt before it started that the series would be a good one. It didn't look good after the first 3 games, but it looks like we might have a Game 7 soon, fellas..

TheProphet
    TheProphet's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wouldn't count on it Detroit has been playing without any interest in the last 2 games and getting ready for some easy rest. They didn't expect the Bulls to have anything left to fight back with now that they know the Bulls are here for a fight it will be a blowout win for Detroit in Chicago.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

The issue is that Detroit "should" have been interested in winning tonight's game. Now they have to go back to Chicago and beat a team that just spanked them by 20 in The Palace. The interesting thing about these two teams is that while Chicago is inconsistent (jump-shooting teams often are), their best game is actually better than Detroit's best game. That leaves Detroit fans hoping that Chicago does not have their A game in at least one of the last 2 contests. It sure would be embarrassing to be the only team in the history of the NBA to blow a 3-0 series lead.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by isetcap View Post
    It sure would be embarrassing to be the only team in the history of the NBA to blow a 3-0 series lead.
    But not shocking with Flipper leading the charge.

gridironguy

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    I wouldn't count on it Detroit has been playing without any interest in the last 2 games and getting ready for some easy rest. They didn't expect the Bulls to have anything left to fight back with now that they know the Bulls are here for a fight it will be a blowout win for Detroit in Chicago.
    They're counting on rest so they take the last 2 games off to extend the series even longer?

I don't buy that. There's no excuse for Detroit to have lost today and have to go back to Chicago.

I think the Bulls found something. I have a strong hunch it's going 7 fellas.

gridironguy

Pistons were not as good as they looked in Games 1,2 and 3.

Bulls were not as bad as they looked.

Here we go with game 6 in CHI-TOWN.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

bulls would have won game 3 but got to comfortable and screwed themselves.
    It seems this and last game were played like the first half of game 3.
    I don't doubt detroit wins the series but the bulls put together two nice back to back wins and whipped detroit from start to finish.
    It would be a nice underdog story if chicago were to pull it off though.

gridironguy

I'll tell you what. If Chicago wins game 6, which i suspect they will, then it will get very very interesting for Game 7. The Bulls will go into Detroit for Game 7 with a 3 game winning streak.

Look out, anything is possible then.

The Mavs beat San Antone on the road in Game 7 last year.

This year, Utah beat Houston in Game 7 on the road, too.

It can happen. That's all I'm saying.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Pistons are one Billups and Wallace suspension away from losing this series. If the Bulls are winning late in Game 6, they should pull an Horry on Billups and make sure he either suffers a massive concussion, breaks a bone in one of his legs or his shooting hand, or becomes so angry that he retaliates. It is a given that Wallace will join the fray from the bench.

I'm calling it right now: The Bulls win this series.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

[QUOTE=gridironguy;269287]I'll tell you what. If Chicago wins game 6, which i suspect they will, then it will get very very interesting for Game 7. The Bulls will go into Detroit for Game 7 with a 3 game winning streak.

Look out, anything is possible then.

The Mavs beat San Antone on the road in Game 7 last year.

This year, Utah beat Houston in Game 7 on the road, too.

It can happen. That's all I'm saying.[/QUOT

You can exhale now, it was a bad pick.

First 12