Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Kobe wanted to play with Jordan (To Get Away From Shaq) LOLOL

How on earth will you be able to play with Jordan when you cannot even get along with Shaq? lol....And Why admit this now after you have blown out your shoulder trying to chase Kareem's record? Kobe is a funny fellow, after having destroyed every basketball relationship he has ever had, he now chooses to wax on nostalgic for a pipe dream relationship that he never wanted in the first place..Kobe told Jordan to take a hike when Phil tried to recruit Jordan to mentor him...LOL...

Kobe also claims he sacrifice scoring titles and MVP's to win rings? What? This guy only won 1 MVP because Tim Duncan, Dirk, Lebron were better...and nobody scored more than Kobe during those ringless years...there were no sacrifices to win rings on Kobe's part..Phil kept his punk ass in line and that was it....lol

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...ington-wizards

Kobe Bryant has long idolized Michael Jordan, the player to whom he has been compared throughout his career. Years ago, he had plans to play alongside his mentor.

According to a Washington Post report on Monday, Bryant more than a decade ago wanted to leave the Los Angeles Lakers and play for Washington Wizards, where Jordan was winding down his career.

Bryant, left, saw Michael Jordan as a mentor and Washington as a way out of LA and his feud with then-Lakers teammate Shaquille O'Neal.

"That's true," Bryant told the Post. "A long time ago? Yeah."

Said Bryant, "I've always been very big on having mentors, on having muses, and I've been really, really big on that, being around guys who have done it before and done it at a high level and always tried to pick their brains and always tried to absorb knowledge. Obviously, being in that situation [with the Wizards], it would've helped having to be around him every day and so on."

A Bryant-Jordan scenario as teammates all fell apart when then-Wizards owner Abe Pollin parted ways with Jordan in 2003, a year before Bryant became a free agent.
    "We would've put together a great team and we would've won championships," Bryant told The Post.

Bryant also said a key reason he wanted to leave L.A. was his well-known feud with then-teammate Shaquille O'Neal, a three-time Finals MVP from 2000-02.
    "The challenge had been thrown down upon me, of not being able to win without Shaq," Bryant said. "A public challenge never really bothered me too much, but he made a couple of comments as well. I think he called me Penny Hardaway Part 2 or something like that. So that's what [ticked] me off," Bryant said.

"Then it was like, 'Listen, you know the step back that I took to help us win championships. Let's not get [expletive] confused. I can dominate on my own. I decided to stay here and win championships and sacrifice MVPs and scoring titles and all that stuff.' So once that was said, it was like a line in the sand now."
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ratzz

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    How on earth will you be able to play with Jordan when you cannot even get along with Shaq? lol....And Why admit this now after you have blown out your shoulder trying to chase Kareem's record? Kobe is a funny fellow, after having destroyed every basketball relationship he has ever had, he now chooses to wax on nostalgic for a pipe dream relationship that he never wanted in the first place..Kobe told Jordan to take a hike when Phil tried to recruit Jordan to mentor him...LOL...

Kobe also claims he sacrifice scoring titles and MVP's to win rings? What? This guy only won 1 MVP because Tim Duncan, Dirk, Lebron were better...and nobody scored more than Kobe during those ringless years...there were no sacrifices to win rings on Kobe's part..Phil kept his punk ass in line and that was it....lol
    LOL/ Menses

what a tool.. i am SURE this is how he filed it away in his memory... "Kobe fell on his sword for his team"

what a fool... Jordan and Kobe would have lasted less than a single practice. Pity it did not happen
    Kobe would instantly have turned on Jordan, and started backstabbing him. Instantly. have NO doubt about that.

KObe is Machiavellian in his approach to everything and everybody.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post

KOBE THINKS HE SACRIFICED MVPs!??!?!?!?!??!

HA-HA-HA-HH-AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

if he sacrificed MVPs it was ONLY to PASS Kareem...
    but ultimately it was:

1) his lack of discipline
    2) his lack of emotional intelligence

Kobe is not emotionally aware that it is a team game, and that ALL, or at least MOST of the players must be and feel engaged for them to excel and win games.

Ratzz

Kobe knows it is over now.. and that Lebron is going to Pass him in CAREER ASSISTS
    in 7 LESS years of play..

(disgraceful for a Guard to lose that battle vs. a Forward)

Kobe knows that Lebron will pass him in EVERY statistical category
    (with possible exception of Total Rings)

and he is resentful.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    Kobe knows it is over now.. and that Lebron is going to Pass him in CAREER ASSISTS
    in 7 LESS years of play..

(disgraceful for a Guard to lose that battle vs. a Forward)

Kobe knows that Lebron will pass him in EVERY statistical category
    (with possible exception of Total Rings)

and he is resentful.
    And Regretful as well...Do people realize? Does Kobe realize that he for all intensive purposes sabotaged the last 7 years of his career!!! He was 31 years of age when they won the title in 2010 (aided by the Refs)...

He had an opportunity to restart his career for the 3rd time with Dwight...which would have allowed him to play less minutes, bring in more free agents, and it would have guaranteed a competitive Laker team until his retirement...but he chose to do it all alone...and look what it has cost him...all of his injuries are a direct result of his poor choices...the last 3 years are a wash because of his refusal to sit and play less minutes..and inability to get along with others....

Duncan is winning rings at 38, Jordan won his last ring at 35/36..and was dropping 40 point games at the age of 39/40 with the Wizards meanwhile...Kobe is DONE at 36..but will continue to shot jack when he returns from injury next season...he will continue to alienate teammates next year..and I am positive he will ask for another contract extension next year after the current one finishes.. for at least 15 million...despite being 38 when that season starts...

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    LOL/ Menses

what a tool.. i am SURE this is how he filed it away in his memory... "Kobe fell on his sword for his team"

what a fool... Jordan and Kobe would have lasted less than a single practice. Pity it did not happen
    Kobe would instantly have turned on Jordan, and started backstabbing him. Instantly. have NO doubt about that.

KObe is Machiavellian in his approach to everything and everybody.
    If Jordan slapped Steve Kerr who reportedly is one of the nicer guys in the NBA...imagine what he would have done to the young arrogant brash Kobe when he tries to pull that primadonna shit on him....it would have been a disaster..do remember, in Phil Jackson's book he talks about how he invited Jordan to the Laker training facility to try and teach Kobe how to balance hero ball with team play. Kobe scoffed at both of them and challenged Jordan to a one on one...LOL